Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which world should Sunset stay in?

Toon4Thought

Which world should Sunset stay in?  

13 users have voted

1. 1. Which world should Sunset stay in?

• Equestria
    • Human World

(edited)

I feel like Sunset outright needs to face this conflict at some point or another, probably if they make a "graduation" finale special. I know this was covered in the deleted scenes of "Friendship Games", but frankly I don't think that would've done it justice. The idea of her debating whether or not to move back to Equestria for good deserves a much more all-out treatment.

So, which world do you think Sunset would (or should) ultimately choose if she had to pick one? And more importantly, what exactly would lead her to that conclusion?

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

In my opinion,

I think Sunset Shimmer would ultimately decide to stay with her human friends because of how much their friendship with her has helped her to grow as a person. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

I'd say the human world, because although her family and home reside back in Equestria, she has more of a place in the human world in my opinion. There, she plays more of a role as a leader and a figurehead of the Mane 7. Personally, I believe that, with all of her achievements under her belt, that world needs her as much as she needs it.:grin:

• Brohoof 1

She is the identity of Equestria Girls, the box may say "Twilight and her friends" but it should say "Sunset" for all intents and purposes... Also, HER identity is in the human world. She belongs there, and she will stay there, they have already fused the continuity however, so having a season appearance in the pony world is not out of the question

• Brohoof 1

It's a tough question to answer on account that Sunset does feel right at home in both worlds. In the human world, she has built herself the identity we've come to know and has done things that she neglected back in Equestria due to thinking she didn't need that kind of thing within her life. But, her roots are in Equestria as she was born and raised there--despite knowing very little about her family and when Celestia decided to take her on as a personal student. It boils down to which location is seen as more ideal from an emotional perspective.

• Brohoof 2

The perfect ending to Equestria Girls would be an equestrian magic issue in which the girls had to close the portal for good and Sunset deciding where to stay, and the girls losing all their magic because of it.

My preference would be Sunset staying in the human world and dedicating her life to open a portal back home without the magic component, and doing so around her friends.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno how it'll play out if the actual Human Sunny shows up, but Sunny now belongs to the human world. She has grown as a person there, and adapted nicely, so there's no reason for her to return to Equestria 

It's difficult. Sunset has clearly grown comfortable in the human world, and right now that's not only where her friends are, but also just about everything important to her except the body she grew up in. It's hard to say what's left for her in Equestria, because we know so little of her past; even when she reconciled with Celestia, we learned so little about what Sunset's time in Equestria was like. As far as we know, there's nothing there for her in the land of her birth. 

The body thing continues to nag at me, though. Sunset has only been in the human world for a few years, if I'm not mistaken, and even with that time I can't imagine she'd be entirely comfortable in a human body. The first Equestria Girls was partially about how weird it is to be in an unfamiliar form, and yet I can't imagine the series ever discussing the fact that Sunset is living in an alien body. 

More importantly, come graduation, I don't think it's guaranteed that the girls will all go to the same school. I'm sure they'll keep in touch through travel and the internet, but as long as the portal's there, Sunset could easily live in Equestria without changing her interactions with her friends at all. We know this, but she still chooses to stay in the human world. Maybe it's because that's where she got a new chance, so she associates it with her new life. In that case, I think the human world is where she would stay. 

The trouble, then, is the world she left behind. Does she have a family who cares about her? Should she be forced to choose between worlds, it would surely be devastating to them to know they could never see her again, and I'm sure Celestia and Twilight would feel similarly. I think she'd pick the human world, but it's an impossible choice. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that, eventually, she should go back to Equestria. Yes, she has come to love the human world and her friends there, but there's no denying she isn't from there. Aside from that, the Equestrian magic she and her friends possess doesn't belong in the human world and it doesn't seem like a good idea to leave it there in the long term, given what happened in the Reflections arc in the comics. Ultimately, while the choice will be hard and painful, I think Sunset will choose the greater good and return to Equestria, and seal the portal forever.

• Brohoof 1