Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Love Between Two Gamer's (1 x 1 between Dynamo Pad and AzureMoon)

Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@AzureMoon

Pinball nodded, before smiling at the young couple. "All I can say is never stop being there for each other. The both of you have found someone very special." He would say, Dynamo smiling in agreement. "You can say that again, Mr. Pinball. Dusky is such a wonderful son. I'm glad I'm able to be a father figure for him. Not only that, but I don't think I could ever find anyone better than Broken. She means the whole world to me." He smiled as Pinball nodded in agreement. "So, what can I help you two with? I'm glad that you are here, but what's the occasion?" He asks, knowing one of the reasons as to why the group had visited. Dynamo looked towards Broken with a smile. "Do you want to tell Mr. Pinball, or did you want me to tell him, sweetheart?"

As Dusk had held up the wolf plush, Gentle gasped slightly in surprise. She smiled softly as she reached her arms out, before pulling the young colt into a hug. "This is very sweet and thoughtful of you, honey. Nana loves this very much. Thank you so very much." She pulled back from the hug and gently ruffled his mane. "I also think you mean a wolf, sweetie. Although, you're right as that's the sound a wolf makes when it howls." She smiled with a chuckle.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles and nods "You're right about that Wiz, Dynamo is something special I would not want to give up or lose" she'd say. hugging Dynamo close "and I think you ought to tell him dear, it's more your news than mine, after all" she kisses Dynamo's cheek and holds his hands.

Dusk smiles as he is hugged by his nana "Mommy said I could get three things from the gift store, a-and I thought, what better idea than to get gifts for those I love from a gift store" he would say with a smile, "I got you the woof, nana Night a flying fox and daddy a little fox, and daddy got me a flying fox plushie too" he beams happily.

@AzureMoon

Seeing how close the young couple was caused Pinball to chuckle. "Now do you see what I told the two of you all that time ago? Video games are the way to one's own very soul. Games can help bring others together, while it also helps bring a sort of understanding." Dynamo nodded as he remembered those words all too well. He smiled as Broken hugged him close. "I remember and I could never forget. It's how I was able to meet some nice friends and even rivals. It felt so different from dealing with so many bullies at school." He would say, before nodding at Broken's remark. All the while holding her hands as she kissed his cheek. "You've got it, sweetheart. Since Dusk's birthday is coming up soon. Broken and I were wondering if you would like to be a guest at the party in Ponyville?" He would whisper, while making sure that Dusk would not hear the conversation. Both to keep up the surprise, but to also let Pinball know they knew of the gift idea for their son. Upon hearing the request, Pinball couldn't help in grinning with an affirmative nod. "It sounds like you had everything planned and you wanted to extend the invitation to me, personally. In that case, I would be more than honored to attend! I haven't been to Ponyville in quite a long time! Plus, I need to make sure that Button is still running the shop properly and not messed anything up." He winked with a chuckle as he was joking on the last part.

"I think that's wonderful, honey. You're so young, but you made an adult decision like that. You were thinking with your heart on those that are important to you." Gentle held the young colt close as she placed a kiss upon his head. "I think your nana will love this gift as much as I do. I think that's very sweet that you and your daddy got each other something that had made the zoo trip memorable. Thank you, Dusky. I promise to always cherish this gift."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile, remembering hearing that from Pinball before. She smiles more "Excellent, oh and just so you don't get too surprised, My mom is now dating Button" she would say with a giggle "So yeah, Dusky's got some pretty good role models I'd say" she says, looking over to see the exchange between Dusk and Gentle.

Dusk hugs her "I learned from mommy, daddy and nana Night"

@AzureMoon

Upon hearing about Button finding a special somepony, Pinball's eyes widened in surprise. "I know you said not to be too surprised, but really!? I guess that's the second time that I never thought I'd see the day. I mean, I knew Button was always into older ladies, but still." He pondered, placing a hand upon his chin. "I had heard stories that he would try to ask a mare out. Only for him to get instantly rejected. It seemed like a comedy bit every time I heard about the attempts. Apparently it was that Button wasn't any of their type. At least, that's what he had told me. He didn't have to tell me, but I had a feeling it was because he was persistent. Even getting rejected, he was always going up to the next potential love interest within a blink of an eye. I always knew that pegasus had determination." He chuckled, before nodding. "It seems like Dusky does, indeed, have some really nice role models. Although, I wouldn't be too sure on Button." He cupped a hand on the side of his face to make sure that Dusky didn't hear him. "Granted, Button does make for the perfect goofy grandpa, or would it be uncle?"

Gentle giggled as she returned the hug from Dusk. "I guess that means you learned from me too. I taught your daddy to be kind and generous. So, I hope I'll be able to teach my adorable, little grandson." She smiled as she nuzzled the young colt. "Did you happen to see the arcade? What do you think of it, sweetie? Is it much more different from the arcade you usually go to?"

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles a little and nods "I heard that too, and honestly, I think it was how good he was with little Dusky that helped my mom want to give him a chance" she'd say with a smile, "and they are really happy together"

Dusk smiles and nods "I guess I did nana" he hugs her again and nose rubs her nose "It's so big"

@AzureMoon

"Button may be a goofball at times, but he has a good heart. It really shows that he can connect with others and show how games can bring everyone together. I'm glad Night was able to give him a chance." Dynamo responded with a nod, while Button chuckled in agreement. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who had heard that. It's nice to see that Button did find someone who was able to give him a chance. I hope for nothing, but love and happiness for the both of them. I think it'll be good to visit Ponyville, as well. Considering I would like to meet Night and see the other happy couple."

Gentle giggled as she returned the hug and nose rubs Dusk's nose. "I can only imagine and you're not wrong, sweetie. It looks they have a lot of games and prizes to win too. What do you say? Want to go play some video games with mommy and daddy? I think it would be nice for me to help introduce you to the owner of the store, Mr. Pinball Wizard. There's no need to be shy, honey. Nana will be right there with you. What do you think?"

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles "I think that's the other thing, his goofiness got to my mom, and melted her heart" she would say "It'll be great to have you there for the you know what" she says as she hugs Dynamo close "I'm also sure button would love to see his old mentor again too"

Dusk shakes his head, hugging onto Gentle, "I-I wanna play games with you, nana" 

@AzureMoon

"I guess that's how you were able to fall for me. Seeing how I'm a goofball to a fault. Although, I guess I'll always be your goofball, sweetheart." He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "I feel like laughter is always good for one's soul. Always like a breath of fresh air." Pinball chuckled along, before nodding. "I'll definitely be there for the you know what. I even have the surprise all set up and everything. All thanks to Gentle and hearing the plan you both had." Dynamo hugged Broken close as he gave his old teacher the thumb's up. "Thanks for letting us know. Also, I might need to place an order for another gift. If that's okay, that is, sir." Pinball raised an eyebrow, but nodded regardless. "Of course. I think I can have the order completed in no time at all. Between you and me, what did you have in mind?" Dynamo made sure that Dusk wasn't listening as he motioned Broken to follow him. He then walked over to let Pinball know of his gift for his son.

Gentle looked at Dusk in surprise as he shook his head, before smiling softly at his response. "I'm not much of a video game pony, but I would love to play a game or two with my grandson. Are there any games that you have in mind?" She would ask, lifting Dusk up, until he was being held in her arms.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile "Well while I'm here, I'm going to check the high scores" she says with a giggle and goes to the Prance Prance machine to check if anyone beat her yet.

Dusk giggles "I wanna play the hoops and skeetball games"

@AzureMoon

Pinball chuckled and shook his head. "Good luck with that. You might need to update your high scores. Some gamer's have tried and some almost beat that high score. Due to practice and always playing one song over and over again. It'll be great to see if you can take over your own personal best score." He would say, Dynamo nodding as he kissed her cheek once more. "I'm just going to finish up the plans with Mr. Pinball and then I'll be over to dance along with you. Don't miss me too much, sweetheart." He chuckled as he turned his attention back towards his old teacher. 

Gentle hummed as she looked around, before taking notice of the games that Dusk had mentioned. "The hoops and skeet-ball games, huh? I think that's a wonderful idea. Plus, it's right near the Prance Prance machine. So, in case you need mommy, then she's right there." She smiled, walking and leading the young colt towards the game machines

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles "Well while I'd love to encourage others to try to beat my scores, I think there ought to be a rule..no playing the same song repetitively, as that almost seems like cheating" she says with a chuckle "Practice should include more than just one song" she says, looking for some new songs "hmm..."

Dusk giggles, while he loved the digital games, he wanted to play something that both he and Gentle could enjoy together. He looks to her "Nana?" he asks

@AzureMoon

After a moment of discussing the gift and getting the green light, Dynamo smiled as he made his way over towards his girlfriend. Upon making his arrival, the blue unicorn could see Broken, who was busy looking through the new songs on the Prance Prance game. "I'd say that's an important rule for when it comes to practicing a game, but I don't think a majority of gamer's will follow that rule. Just because they are very competitive and will try to use cheap tactics." He chuckled, but he smiled as he too, agreed with her form of logic. "If there are a number of songs that you can practice to get better at, then I wholeheartedly agree. Although, there's always that one song that can be near and dear to one's heart. I think this song still has that particular song, but I could be wrong." He would say, wrapping his arms around Broken and pulling her into a hug. "Did you find any songs that caught your eye, sweetheart? How about any of your favorites?"

As they reached the hoops and skeet-ball games, Gentle placed the young colt back onto his feet. "Okay. Now I got something for you to hold onto, honey." She would say, before presenting the young colt with a card. "This is a game card that allows you to swipe onto the game machines. This allows you to start up the game without having to put money into said machines. It's sort of a new advancement into the future of arcade games. I told Mr. Pinball that a you, mommy and daddy we're going to show up. So, he made sure to set a card up for you to have to use." She smiled, before taking notice of Dusk looking to her. "Yes, Dusky? What is it? Is everything okay?"

• The title was changed to The Love Between Two Gamer's (1 x 1 between Dynamo Pad and AzureMoon)

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles "There are a few, look there's a close high score on Drop Pop Candy" she says "It's been a while since I did that one, care to double play?" she would ask

Dusk nods, he understood the cards, but let her explain it and then looked up at her "How come mommy has daddy and nana Night has papa Button, but you don't have someone to love?"

@AzureMoon

As Dynamo inspected the dance machine, he hummed as he looked at the song that Broken had mentioned. "I've danced to certain songs on this game, but I don't believe I have ever heard of that song. I'm going to guess that it's probably one of your favorite songs?" He would say with a curious smile. At the mention of joining along on dancing, the blue unicorn could only nod with a smile. "Dancing along to a song with my girlfriend? Now, how could I say no to a request from my sweetheart?" He kissed her cheek as he stepped up onto the dancing game, before taking his spot on the other set of controls. 

As Gentle had finished explaining about the game cards, she stopped and froze momentarily upon hearing Dusk's question. She closed her eyes, while trying to find the correct words for her grandson to understand. "Oh, your nana Gentle does have someone to love. He's just...not here with us right now." She placed a hand upon Dusk's shoulder, while using her other hand to ruffle the top of Dusk's mane. "I know it might be difficult to understand, but it's sort of the same situation that your mommy had gone through. I suppose it's just that I don't want to find that certain someone. Considering that I feel as if nobody could ever replace the one who I love the most in my heart." She would say, giving Dusk a small, yet kind and understanding look and smile. A look that said she was not angry or upset at her grandson's question. She had only hoped that he would be able to understand someday. 

@Dynamo Pad

She smiles and pulls him into a hug on the dancepad "It is one of my favourites yes, also, one of the very first songs I learned on this game" she'd say with a smile, selecting medium to at least give Dynamo a bit of a better chance at learning it. She smiles at him "Let me know when you are ready and I'll press start"

Dusk would take a second then looked up at her with big eyes and immediately hugs her, "nana!" he exclaims, hugging her tight and nuzzling into her.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo smiled as he was pulled into a hug, before returning the embrace. “It sounds like you and I found a favorite song to dance to on this game. Was this song also what got you into being a DJ in Equestria?” He asks as Broken set the difficulty of the song to medium. The blue unicorn began to stretch his arms and legs as he prepared for for the song. “I’m all set and ready to dance sweetheart. Let’s see what this song is made of.” He turned and smiled at her, while waiting patiently for the song to commence.

As Dusk called out to her, Gentle was caught off guard as he hugged her tight. Her motherly instincts kicked in as she returned the embrace without a second though. A look of alarm and concern was present upon her face. “What’s wrong, sweetie? Everything is okay. Nana is right here.” She returned they nuzzle and rocked Dusk back and forth to try and help calm him down.

@Dynamo Pad

"It does kind of have a part of me wanting to be a DJ, yeah" she would say as she selected the song and it soon started, and of course, she moved like an expert to the song, which of course, she was.

Dusky sniffled "Y-you're not alone nana, you have daddy, mommy, me, uncle button and nana Night" he would say, hugging her tightly "I d-don't want you to be sad and lonely"

@AzureMoon

"I had a feeling. Dancing to the beat of the song is kind of like working the roundtable as a DJ." He would say as Broken had selected the song. As soon as it started, Dynamo would make sure to hit every foot panel to the best of his abilities. He had missed a few every now and then, but he was more about having fun and enjoying the game for what it was. He would occasionally glance to the side to see Broken, who was dancing like an expert to the song. He smiled as he was proud at how well she was dancing at the game.

As she heard Dusky sniff, Gentle pulled him close to him, while rubbing his back in a circle. A way of trying to help calm him down. "Oh, I know, honey. I have Dynamo, Broken, Pinball, Button, Night and you, as well." She would say with a soft smile, before pulling back from the hug. "You don't have to worry about that, Dusky. If I know one thing, then I will never be alone. I still have so many lives that are still with me. I also know that no matter what. Everything is going to be okay. So, no more tears, okay? We're here to enjoy some hoop games and skeet-ball games." She smiled as she used her thumbs to wipe his tears away.

@AzureMoon

He smiled and nod as he was starting to get used to the rhythm of the song. "You can say that again, sweetheart. I remember my mom teaching me how to dance. It's always dancing to a style and have that form of rhythm." He would say with a chuckle. "It doesn't help that I'm not the best with coordination. Considering the fact of how you and I first met. I would say I mostly have a good sense of coordination."

Gentle nodded as she would lead Dusk over towards the hoops game. "There we go! That's what the arcade is all about. To have fun and not worrying about the troubling times. Now, where's that adorable smile my grandson has?" She would say as she tried to tickle Dusky to try and get him to laugh.

@Dynamo Pad

She smiles and kisses him once the song was over "That is where practice comes in handy love" she smiles "and I know, the game at home isn't exactly the same as the game in the arcade, but you can still train at home, not to mention, I am sure there's probably going to be something similar in your dreamtime sessions with Luna" she would say, letting him select the next song.

Dusk smiles and then as Gentle begins to tickle him, he giggles and hugs her "I'm sorry I got sad Nana, I just don't want to see the ones I love and care about sad. M-mommy says that when I do, I sh-should show them how much I care for and about them, and that for me, the best way is to hug" he says then holds up the wolf plush for her. 

@AzureMoon

Dynamo smiled and returns the affection, before nodding. "You can say that again, sweetheart. As the old saying goes. Practice makes perfect, after all." He would say, remembering the dance game that Broken had mentioned. "Oh, yeah. I remember what you're talking about. It's sort of a dance pad, but it's also a music based instrument game. It's sort of similar, but different at the same time. Also, that's a possibility. Master Luna is teaching me in magic, but she hasn't done anything with video games yet. So, I guess it's better to be prepared for anything." He clicked the buttons on the dance machine, while searching for a song for them to dance to. His eyes widened as he suddenly stopped at the song he was looking for. "Perfect! Let's go for an old classic!" He would say as he clicked on the song, before getting set to dance. 

Spoiler

As she felt Dusk give her a hug, Gentle smiled as she stopped tickling her grandson. She nodded as she listened to his explanation, before looking into his eyes. "There's no need to apologize, honey. I know that I could look for another special someone, but I think I'm fine with how things are. I do indeed miss your grandpa, but I know he'll always be with me. I know he would love to have met you. He was a bit of a goofball like your uncle Button." She giggled, before continuing. "I really do appreciate your concern as it really shows how much you care for others. That kindness will be a great strength, as well as take you far in life, Dusky." She would say, before taking the wolf plush and Dusk into another hug.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would watch and nod as she watched Dynamo go through the songs and smiled as he chose the song Love Shine. "Ah yes, I remember this one, also one of the very first ones I learned the game on" she would say as she prepared for the song to begin.

Dusk smiles, returning the hug and nuzzling into her embrace before he went over to the hoops game and swiped his card "Mommy says it wasn't always with cards. You used to have to use coins or notes, and the tickets would be physical instead of digital"

@AzureMoon

"Sounds to me like I wasn't the only who likes this song. It looks like you are one of culture, as well." He chuckled, shaking his head with a smile. "I admit that I did learn to get a sense of rhythm with this song, but I was more interested in the song itself. The song was very catchy and it felt so upbeat. I just knew I couldn't pass up the chance to see what this song was all about." He would say as the song began to play. With each step symbol appearing, the blue unicorn would make sure to hit each step without missing a beat. He even made sure to place his hands on the handles behind the dance pad. That way, he could use his feet to dance at a faster pace, while making sure he wouldn't fall off of the dance machine.

Gentle smiled as she nuzzled the young colt, before they moved over towards the hoops game. As Dusk swiped his card, Gentle helped Dusk up onto the game machine to grab the basketballs. "Your mommy is right. Back then, it was such a different time. It would either be coins or notes and then you would simply play the games. Afterwards, how many points you earned was the number of tickets you could claim. I guess the arcade owners didn't want to reload the tickets from the machine and chose to adapt to the times. While digital tickets are nice and all. It was even better when it came to bringing in all of your physical tickets. That way, you'd get to show how much you had earned for all of your hard work." She would say, hitting the button to start the game, while passing the young colt basketballs to toss into the baskets.