Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Question on Equestrian solar system.

Unity

When I say Equestrian I really mean the world that contains it.

so anyway, I have a few questions on how you think their solar system would work.

so for one, would that time when Luna and Celestia were kidnapped by Chrysalis and the moon and sun stopped Cycling have any effect on their planet? On our earth, I think we would have to stop rotating for the same thing to happen which proves its own complications. But anyways would that affect anything? Now I am not claiming to be a Human or Equestrian Astronomer but I think that their moon and sun rotate around the earth, so in that case, would anything happen.

What do you think would be affected if their sun and moon stopped rotating around their world assuming that is how it works.

We know that their world is a sphere right, now let's say that their planet is tidally locked to their star, now here where it gets tricky. It's true that one side of the planet will be super cold and the other one is super hot, however due to air currents or should I say pegasi hard work hot air are going to mix with the cold and the average temperature would be pretty much survivable

I think it might work if we're working with the whole medieval "celestial spheres" concept, with Celestia and Luna's power {and unicorns in the past} being very specialized telekinesis that lets the two objects, whatever their size or distance be, just rotate around the world, whether that one is flat or spherical.

Here's a radical thought. What if Luna can raise and lower the moon, but Celestia can CHANGE THE ROTATION OF THE PLANET? The other ponies just think she raises the sun. Celestia let's them. I think altering planetary rotation, while much more demanding than moving the moon, would require less magic than lugging a star around. 

sunscream.jpeg

I think it's a solar system much like ours. I believe Celestia and Luna aren't actually moving the sun and moon, just manipulating the light flow of the sun and moon, making it look like they do, aswell as the heat and effects from them. Unless, they are just doing a stunt and aren't actually doing anything.

1 minute ago, Califorum said:

I think it's a solar system much like ours. I believe Celestia and Luna aren't actually moving the sun and moon, just manipulating the light flow of the sun and moon, making it look like they do, aswell as the heat and effects from them. Unless, they are just doing a stunt and aren't actually doing anything.

It's all a trick! It's not really magic! It's all done with mirrors!

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Quinch said:

If that were the case, wouldn't it affect the positioning of the stars as well? Plus, wouldn't the sorcerers Celestia took over from notice?

thousands of years ago, Celestia figured out the hoax being perpetrated by the originators of the Sun Cult, and being bigger, badder, and let's face it, prettier, took over. 

suncult01.jpg

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Here's a radical thought. What if Luna can raise and lower the moon, but Celestia can CHANGE THE ROTATION OF THE PLANET? The other ponies just think she raises the sun. Celestia let's them. I think altering planetary rotation, while much more demanding than moving the moon, would require less magic than lugging a star around. 

Well if the rotation of the planet stopped that would pose quite a few problems, messy bloody problems. And that means that the pony world would have ended when Celestia was not there to spin their planet. And also, we know that cutie marks and how a pony looks usually has to do with their profession and I dont think that both those things would receive us. What I mean by that is Celestia would be looking slot more green and earthy. You can show a ransom person a picture of Mrs. Cake and they would just say she is a baker. You could do the same with Luna and they would say she I linked to the Noon. You could also do the same with Celestia because it is clear she controls the Sun and not the Planet.

3 hours ago, Unity said:

Well if the rotation of the planet stopped that would pose quite a few problems, messy bloody problems. And that means that the pony world would have ended when Celestia was not there to spin their planet. And also, we know that cutie marks and how a pony looks usually has to do with their profession and I dont think that both those things would receive us. What I mean by that is Celestia would be looking slot more green and earthy. You can show a ransom person a picture of Mrs. Cake and they would just say she is a baker. You could do the same with Luna and they would say she I linked to the Noon. You could also do the same with Celestia because it is clear she controls the Sun and not the Planet.

If she was randomly jerking the planet around to make the sunrise, any pony living there would have a very wild and lethal roller coaster ride.

1 hour ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

If she was randomly jerking the planet around to make the sunrise, any pony living there would have a very wild and lethal roller coaster ride.

That is exactly what i said.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Unity said:

That is exactly what i said.

Yeah, I just wanted to spell it out, before anyone asked exactly what was implied by "bloody mess." I think a lot of folks aren't aware of just how crazy it would be if Earth's rotation were even spontaneously altered by a mere 10%.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

(edited)
37 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Yeah, I just wanted to spell it out, before anyone asked exactly what was implied by "bloody mess." I think a lot of folks aren't aware of just how crazy it would be if Earth's rotation were even spontaneously altered by a mere 10%.

It is sort of like bucking a bull.

but the bull was where you lived.

Imagine that. Minding your own business and then you suddenly starting to fall a direction you didn't know was possible and then died by colliding with another person thinking the same.

Edited by Unity
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

We have sunbutt and lunabutt to take care of Equestria's solar system, and Twilight will do all of it when the others have passed on

Edited by Splashee®