Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro should hire more experienced writers.

CastletonSnob

Why can't Hasbro hire veteran writers for the show, instead of people who wrote one or two episodes for a show nobody's heard of? Part of the reason the show was so successful in the first place was because it has a crew of veterans like Rob Renzetti and Amy Keating-Rogers.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, one of the most prolific writers in the show's early days was responsible for some of the show's most unpopular episodes(MMDW, PYHD, Dragon Quest), while some of the most popular writers like Nick Confalone, AKR, Cindy Morrow, etc., credits have mainly consisted of widely unpopular shows like Johnny Test, Fish Hooks, late FoP, etc.,

Hell, one of the most well liked seasons, S7 consisted almost entirely new writers. All you need is a staff who gives a shit

• Brohoof 6

22 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

It's not about experience, it's about how good they know the show

Yeah, it doesn't really matter who writes which characters the most, knowing that now, they're just mixing characters up.

1 hour ago, This Whomps said:

Dude, one of the most prolific writers in the show's early days was responsible for some of the show's most unpopular episodes(MMDW, PYHD, Dragon Quest), while some of the most popular writers like Nick Confalone, AKR, Cindy Morrow, etc., credits have mainly consisted of widely unpopular shows like Johnny Test, Fish Hooks, late FoP, etc.,

Hell, one of the most well liked seasons, S7 consisted almost entirely new writers. All you need is a staff who gives a shit

Hard to believe the person who wrote the best Spongebob episode ever (Band Geeks) also wrote some of the worst MLP episodes ever.

I don't think the show needs an all-veteran crew, but it would benefit from a consistent one; it needs writers who know these characters, care about them, and prioritize the things which made this show great instead of making boring stories based on checklists from above. 

• Brohoof 5

Not all writers use the same characters. The Fox brothers for example, put Rarity in all episodes they wrote until Discordant Harmony, which only had Fluttershy and Pinkie out of the Mane Six in it but was mostly Discord. And G.M. Berrow wrote episodes focusing on different members of the Mane Six in each of hers.

So in conclusion, whoever writes what on the show, whether if they're new or old, doesn't matter to me anymore.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, starrymiss said:

Totally get where you're coming from. It's frustrating to see a show you like written poorly.
Everyone's gotta start somewhere though. 

Still, to me, an episode is an episode no matter what, unless it's really awful under my thoughts.

I don’t care who writes an episode as long as they aren’t writing an episode with a toxic moral such as Parental Gildaence or an episode like Boast Busters, which featured our protagonists acting like completely asshats for no reason. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, RulesofRarity said:

I don’t care who writes an episode as long as they aren’t writing an episode with a toxic moral such as Parental Gildaence or an episode like Boast Busters, which featured our protagonists acting like completely asshats for no reason. 

Me neither, unless they only come up with really awful Pinkie Pie episodes, like Yakity-Sax (in which that and The Maud Couple were her ONLY episodes for that season). In fact, the Student Six wasn't seen in ANY Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy episodes in Season 8 (even though they appeared in more than half of that season's episodes). Which is why they really need to interact with them in the final season, knowing that the Student Six still have a lot to learn about friendship.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1