Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Pinkie now 110% hateable because of Yakity Sax?

PCutter

I just need to ask this.

People dislike or hate Pinkie because of certain instances (Filli Vanilli, Luna eclipsed, to name a couple). But according to some, Yakity Sax is the absolute final straw in hoping she could show anything good about her character. Maybe describing her as "irredeemable?"

Now I know I don't expect anyone here to have any murderous hate towards her, unlike  person A

(see my previous topic Broken relations with someone because of disturbing words about Pinkie)

But I do need to clarify this with some questions:

1) Should Pinkie somehow be given some sendoff or be written off the show completely in some way? (And I mean either of these happening long before the show ends)

2) Do you now find Pinkie 110% hateable now, even with all the good things she's done, however rare they are (if they are rare at all)? Or do you still love or at least like her?

No, Hell no. Just because one character has a bad episode focus episode, that doesn't make them hateable.

Were that the case, Fluttershy would be unlikable because of "Putting Your Hoof Down", and Rainbow Dash for "28 Pranks Later" and "Non Compete Clause".

In fact, all of the main characters would be unlikable because of "MMDW", "Dragon Quest", and "A Canterlot Wedding" by your logic.

Edited by Theanimationfanatic
  • Brohoof 6

Just now, Theanimationfanatic said:

No, Hell no. Just because one character has a bad episode focus episode, that doesn't make them hateable.

Were that the case, Fluttershy would be unlikable because of "Putting Your Hoof Down", and Rainbow Dash for "28 Pranks Later" and "Non Compete Clause", etc.

So it also applies to FS and RD? Still loving or at least liking them?

9 minutes ago, PCutter said:

1) Should Pinkie somehow be given some sendoff or be written off the show completely in some way? (And I mean either of these happening long before the show ends)

No.

9 minutes ago, PCutter said:

2) Do you now find Pinkie 110% hateable now, even with all the good things she's done, however rare they are (if they are rare at all)? Or do you still love or at least like her?

I find it extremely hard to hate cartoon characters, especially ponies. And this episode does not change anything for me - I still like Pinkie Pie, without her the show would be at least 20% less fun. 

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Oleks said:

I find it extremely hard to hate cartoon characters, especially ponies. And this episode does not change anything for me - I still like Pinkie Pie, without her the show would be at least 20% less fun. 

And if she were taken out of the show completely, wouldn't a super large number of people feel so dark and empty and guilty because it would be like destroying a ray of sunshine in an already dark world? (That world being the real world, not Equestria)

Doesn't it feel the least bit horrible to wipe out a source of happiness who thinks about others?

Just now, shyabetes3939 said:

I don't like her (she's definitely my least favorite of the Mane 7), but I wouldn't call her 110% hateable.

I keep thinking that least liked=110% hateable. Or is it actually least liked =/= 110% hateable? I always have trouble knowing if the two are distinguishable or not.

She's a character with no respect for other's personal space, but that doesn't make her hateable.

She's just too into her fun world and that makes her think everyone haves fun the way she does, but at the same time she's caring and enthusiastic on cheering ponies, she has been shown to go the extra mile for the sake of others.

She's a lovable character and highly entertaining to watch.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

She's a character with no respect for other's personal space, but that doesn't make her hateable.

She's just too into her fun world and that makes her think everyone haves fun the way she does, but at the same time she's caring and enthusiastic on cheering ponies, she has been shown to go the extra mile for the sake of others.

She's a lovable character and highly entertaining to watch.

So her positives like her compassion and optimism are still showing, even in s8 and the recent seasons?

@EpicEnergyAnd do you at least still find FS and RD likeable?

The issue is Pinkie is super sensitive to let negative things get to her and cripple her life. Solutions so far have been temporary like treating only the symptoms. Fluttershy has worked to get over her shyness. The series has yet to have Pinkie deal with her self problem which is to be more tolerant and not let everything get to her..

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

Oh god... I certainly don't want Pinkie Pie out of the show – ever!

She's already had far little appearances (in fact, a record-breaking one for the least) this season, even less than any of the Mane Six for the first time.

I really do not want this to happen again in Season 9. Besides, she didn't even get to interact even one bit with the Student Six.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Oh god... I certainly don't want Pinkie Pie out of the show – ever!

She's already had far little appearances (in fact, a record-breaking one for the least) this season, even less than any of the Mane Six for the first time.

I really do not want this to happen again in Season 9. Besides, she didn't even get to interact even one bit with the Student Six. What I also don't want is another season with a bunch of Rarity or Rainbow Dash episodes like we did this year.

I agree with a lot of this, Pinkie Pie should be given more opportunities to interact with the students next season.

However, I dont have any real problem with Rarity and Rainbow Dash being frequently used since most of their episodes were good or great.

• Brohoof 2

Nah. I’ve hated her since Season 1. Pinkie Pie has had the same issues throughout the entire series, her going from 0 to 100 if she thinks her friends or someone else doesn’t like her(Party Of One/A Friend in Deed), her tendency to disregard a person’s feelings and be an insensitive jerk(Luna Eclisped/Fili Vanili) and her overall obnoxiousness(Rock Solid Friendship). It’s even worse when these episodes don’t even acknowledge or even attempt to correct Pinkie’s behaviour. 

1 hour ago, EpicEnergy said:

Yes, I love them both! I also love Pinkie Pie even in season 8, despite her flaws.

I don't think this was an issue until season 8. You are correct though, and hopefully this issue will be dealt with soon.

Actually, it’s been an issue since Season 1. 

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

Nah. I’ve hated her since Season 1. Pinkie Pie has had the same issues throughout the entire series, her going from 0 to 100 if she thinks her friends or someone else doesn’t like her(Party Of One/A Friend in Deed), her tendency to disregard a person’s feelings and be an insensitive jerk(Luna Eclisped/Fili Vanili) and her overall obnoxiousness(Rock Solid Friendship). It’s even worse when these episodes don’t even acknowledge or even attempt to correct Pinkie’s behaviour. 

Ouch....

• Brohoof 1

I also want to see a Pinkie Pie episode where the rest of the Mane Six are entirely absent. After 8 seasons, there's still none!

Rarity, we did see in Rock Solid Friendship, but in ALL other episodes, they all appeared with her! Even Spike got to have a role without Twilight or Rarity appearing this season, but Pinkie certainly didn't. Really, why are the writers always giving another member of the Mane Six a role in every Pinkie Pie episode we get?

3 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

Yakity Sax and Secrets and Pies shows that not even Pinkie Pie's friends can be directly honest with her and need some work around temporary solution. 

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, Pinkie totally chose to be written like shit. She's a strong, independent pony who don't need no pen :bea:

Edited by Goat-kun
Needed to summon additional ziggurats
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Singe said:

The issue is Pinkie is super sensitive to let negative things get to her and cripple her life.

3 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

Apologies, I was getting something confused. I agree, Pinkie did have that issue since season 1.

• Brohoof 1

That's no on both counts from me. "Yakity Sax" was weird but I certainly didn't come out of it hating Pinkie. I found her obnoxious in "Rock Solid Friendship," but that doesn't negate all the fondness I have for her from previous and subsequent episodes. 

• Brohoof 1