Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP VA's / Producers / Writers who are anti-bronies?

VeroxVitrus

Interesting question, has there ever been someone who has worked on the show but doesn't like bronies, it's interesting because we hear alot about the people who embrace bronies but has there ever been an instance where one of the show staff has hated bronies and if so why?

I'm gonna assume that if there was any they would mostly be ex-writers for the show or something the lines of fired staff

I don't know. Most of the show staff are often very respectful when addressing the fans.

The IDW comic staff on the other hand...yeah, they're a different story. More than three years later, and the Ted Anderson controversy is still fresh in my mind. :maud:

1 hour ago, VeroxVitrus said:

Interesting question, has there ever been someone who has worked on the show but doesn't like bronies, it's interesting because we hear alot about the people who embrace bronies but has there ever been an instance where one of the show staff has hated bronies and if so why?

I'm gonna assume that if there was any they would mostly be ex-writers for the show or something the lines of fired staff

How would we even know? It's not something that would be casually bantered around.

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I don't know. Most of the show staff are often very respectful when addressing the fans.

The IDW comic staff on the other hand...yeah, they're a different story. More than three years later, and the Ted Anderson controversy is still fresh in my mind. :maud:

How so? I'm just curious, because I've never heard anything about that.

The Ted Anderson controversy came from an annual comic with the Power Ponies as protagonists, where he put in the background a ponysona of a known feminazi  (female supremacist). As expected, readers made a big fuzz that lasted for about 2 years

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

The Ted Anderson controversy came from an annual comic with the Power Ponies as protagonists, where he put in the background a ponysona of a known feminazi  (female supremacist). As expected, readers made a big fuzz that lasted for about 2 years

Thanks for explaining this so I didn't have to. Yeah, Ted Anderson made known his disdain for men and the brony fandom after he got called out for that and people were angrier than ever. Thankfully, it's been a good while since we've had drama like that.

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Thanks for explaining this so I didn't have to. Yeah, Ted Anderson made known his disdain for men and the brony fandom after he got called out for that and people were angrier than ever. Thankfully, it's been a good while since we've had drama like that.

Ah, I was guessing there'd be more to the story than just the image, because otherwise it just could've been specifically about Feminists (without knowing who this is, I can't blanket-assume Feminazi) instead of the fandom in general. Is there a good article about this anywhere or a video blog?

Anyway, what has always worried me more is "How does Hasbro feel about it?" The ones footing the bill, not the artists. Hasbro never sold products to Bronies, so it seems like we never really mattered to them, except maybe when a big dramafest or scandal within the community happens and it gives them a bit of negative PR as a result. This has also scared me about G5 because I can't help but wonder if they would take a step back towards a more "girls only" show in attempt to filter out the Bronies.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

2 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Ah, I was guessing there'd be more to the story than just the image, because otherwise it just could've been specifically about Feminists (without knowing who this is, I can't blanket-assume Feminazi) instead of the fandom in general. Is there a good article about this anywhere or a video blog?

Anyway, what has always worried me more is "How does Hasbro feel about it?" The ones footing the bill, not the artists. Hasbro never sold products to Bronies, so it seems like we never really mattered to them, except maybe when a big dramafest or scandal within the community happens and it gives them a bit of negative PR as a result. This has also scared me about G5 because I can't help but wonder if they would take a step back towards a more "girls only" show in attempt to filter out the Bronies.

Here is the article.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/mlp-comic-writer-ted-anderson-possibly.html

Also, yes, I was here for MLPForums talking about it, I'm that old. :P

I did love that story Ted Anderson wrote about Celestia and Spike teaming up. Honestly, that was the only MLP Comic story that actually resonated with what was going on in my life at the time.

Shame that the anti-brony drama happened.

11 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Well, the juicy part of the story came after, with demands for Ted’s firing, and a good part of the fandom being extremely pissed, for what was, in the end, a simple cameo. Hell, I’ve been seeing threads about this popping out years after the incident :dash:

• 1 year later...

Well, the easy pick us Hasbro himself. He has only done things to stop Bronies.

The other guy is the true side of John de Lancie, according to Jenny Nicolson (see the last BronyCon documentary on YouTube)

• 10 months later...
On 2020-09-13 at 5:55 PM, Splashee said:

The other guy is the true side of John de Lancie, according to Jenny Nicolson (see the last BronyCon documentary on YouTube)

I didn't suspect that John de Lancie hated bronies. :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Paleopony said:

I didn't suspect that John de Lancie hated bronies. :mlp_huh:

I don't think he hates Bronies either. But he doesn't like everything he claims. It is just PR stuff. Make every side happy and you will get the most money.