Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Josh haber need so many characters?

heavens-champion

On 10/14/2018 at 2:27 AM, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

In what way? Is your question criticizing the introduction of the Student Six and others during S6-8 (which would crowd out the mane six)?

I meant why he needs some many characters in two-parters?

I assume that he simply desires to create an 'epic' atmosphere by involving as great a number of characters as possible into the finale's narrative. It does create a pretty overstuffed final product ("School Raze", in which the CMCs were overlooked more than they had any right to), but it at least is derived from an understandable aim.

58 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

They can't kill off any character in the show, nobody turns evil, bad guys only turn good.

And lack of time and writing skills and brainstorming I presume.

They don't really need to kill them though; we haven't seen RahRah since her one focus episode, Grand Pear has only had a few non-speaking background shots, and Tempest has yet to be seen in the Flash version...

2 hours ago, Cypherhoof said:

They don't really need to kill them though; we haven't seen RahRah since her one focus episode, Grand Pear has only had a few non-speaking background shots, and Tempest has yet to be seen in the Flash version...

They were all special guest voice actors. Ra-ra was Lena Hall, Grand Pear was William Shatner, Tempest was Emily Blunt. They were not planned for multiple appearances in the first place. But the pillars and students are the essential part of the show, when Equestria is in danger, they have to do something at the premiere or finale.

However, I think the show should re-use an old character more often instead of make up a new character for a new role in the episode. Like how they used Big Daddy McColt. I think Spike and Applejack has lots of lost opportunity.

After they made too much important and powerful characters like Discord, Starlight Glimmer, pillars, students, sunburst, Cadence and Shining Armor, they wouldn't know what to do with all that. (they already had that issue with Celestia and Luna since season 2) I think a good example of a cleverly designed season finale is season 6 finale.

Now they have so much characters already. I don't know how they will manage it and make another Equestrian crisis episode to be interesting.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

46 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

They were all special guest voice actors. Ra-ra was Lena Hall, Grand Pear was William Shatner, Tempest was Emily Blunt. They were not planned for multiple appearances in the first place. But the pillars and students are the essential part of the show, when Equestria is in danger, they have to do something at the premiere or finale.

However, I think the show should re-use an old character more often instead of make up a new character for a new role in the episode. Like how they used Big Daddy McColt. I think Spike and Applejack has lots of lost opportunity.

After they made too much important and powerful characters like Discord, Starlight Glimmer, pillars, students, sunburst, Cadence and Shining Armor, they wouldn't know what to do with all that. (they already had that issue with Celestia and Luna since season 2) I think a good example of a cleverly designed season finale is season 6 finale.

Now they have so much characters already. I don't know how they will manage it and make another Equestrian crisis episode to be interesting.

Not every season finale needs to be an equestria-wide crisis though; I would love to see (for example) a finale (or even premier) where spike, smolder and ember have to face off against rebel dragons in the dragon lands, no ponies allowed; bonus points if Ember admits to having feelings for Spike (not necessarily shipping them, it could be as simple as spike getting hurt and Ember losing it at the other dragons over it). You could also have Scoots and SB be invited to spend a study year at sequestria/mount eris respectively, and Applebloom being torn beween wanting to stay in ponyville or be with one of her two friends...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cypherhoof said:

Not every season finale needs to be an equestria-wide crisis though; I would love to see (for example) a finale (or even premier) where spike, smolder and ember have to face off against rebel dragons in the dragon lands, no ponies allowed; bonus points if Ember admits to having feelings for Spike (not necessarily shipping them, it could be as simple as spike getting hurt and Ember losing it at the other dragons over it). You could also have Scoots and SB be invited to spend a study year at sequestria/mount eris respectively, and Applebloom being torn beween wanting to stay in ponyville or be with one of her two friends...

That’s a great idea bro. But I’m curious would the whole finale  include  not any ponies appearing.

Edited by Nightmare glim

1 minute ago, Nightmare glim said:

That’s a great idea bro. But I’m curious would the whole finale  include  not any ponies appearing.

If it was dragons only, then maybe? I know Twi had a plan to use the Perl to transform ponies to dragons, and silverstream DOES have a part of the Perl...

Given Fluttershy's feelings about dragons, it would be interesting to see her turned into one :)

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Cypherhoof said:

I also want to see a finale without a world ending scinario, or a villain, or a magic laser beam. I want to see the show take risks and do something we have never seen before.

3 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I also want to see a finale without a world ending scinario, or a villain, or a magic laser beam. I want to see the show take risks and do something we have never seen before.

They already did a finale with no world at risk. It's called S1's "The Best Night Ever" and Prince Blueblood was more a jerk than an outright evil villain. 

Well, a school that allowed non-ponies to enroll was something we never saw on the show before S8. 

So, your exact words have already been granted.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

They already did a finale with no world at risk. It's called S1's "The Best Night Ever" and Prince Blueblood was more a jerk than an outright evil villain. 

Well, a school that allowed non-ponies to enroll was something we never saw on the show before S8. 

Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

Good point bro.