Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro, please DO NOT sell to Disney!

FlareGun45

I love Disney! I've been going to the parks ever since I was a baby, and I've always enjoyed being there! But yunno something? I just don't trust the Disney media that much in terms of touching products they didn't make. If it's stories they made, or fairytales like Mulan or Moana, or even their Pixar stuff, but look at Star Wars! Now I'm not saying Star Wars is bad, I actually enjoyed TLJ; however, it doesn't have the same feeling as it used to when Lucas was in charge. How about Club Penguin? It was a beloved online game before Disney took over, and constantly added more and more membership stuff until only the really fun stuff you can only pay monthly for. Then it shut down, and then came Club Penguin Island which had much less freedom and was less fun than the original game.

Now after seeing Hasbro hasn't been doing well lately because of them laying off employees, it makes me afraid that Hasbro might have to sell, and if they do, please, oh please... NOT DISNEY! Disney's already a powerful company buying out a ton of media, recently FOX! There are a ton of other companies that Hasbro could buy off to that's NOT Disney! They're not gonna take good care of our beloved horse friends - I assure you! 

• Brohoof 2

Just because Hasbro is going through a slight hiccup doesn't mean they are going to suddenly go out of business. I suggest taking a calm, civil approach and just wait and see what happens in the future. Besides, it's not just Hasbro affected here. Other toy companies have similar issues with Mattel in particular taking it a bit worse than Hasbro.

• Brohoof 5

Why the hell would they sell to Disney? You are just fear-mongering right now. Sure, 10% might be big blow to their company, but I don't think it's going to get to the point where they have to sell themselves off.

• Brohoof 4

@FlareGun45

I don't like it when other people assume the worst. There's already plenty other things to get worried over, like getting through school, looking for a job, and how to pay your finances. This "Hasbro selling to Disney" complaint sounds a bit too minor compared to the examples I listed. Not to mention These very Forums had at least 5 topics with similar complaints started over about the past 4 years.

It's like what my Dad said after Trump got elected, "it's not the end of the world, and the pedulum of life swings back and between good events and bad events. Once it swings into a bad time period, eventually it shall swing back to good again."

Do you see my dad's point? Don't fear too much for the future and adapt to what's going on now. Live in the present and good times will return.

And @TwilySparky is right. It's not really a crisis right now.

Edited by Happy Yoshi
Pointing out this Disney buying Hasbro topic is nothing new

I can understand why people get worried about the shadow of Disney creeping across the landscape of our favorite media. There's good reason for it; Disney has made a mess of too many properties because, despite its enormity, it's afraid to take creative chances on their investments, rendering so much of their work generic. However, in the case of Hasbro, I don't sense Disney is licking its chops just yet. Mattel has been on the ropes for years and Disney hasn't made a move. Just because a business experiences a drop in revenues doesn't mean they're down for the count and subject to being absorbed by The Mouse. Businesses go through fluctuations and not all are of interest to Disney. I wouldn't be concerned until there's a good reason to be. And right now I don't really see a good reason.

• Brohoof 1

hmmm why not cartoon network ? it could make it more pg ish and make some episodes a bit dark but not to dark like for example , samurai jack it was suppost to be a good kids / teen show but moved to adult swim and got more permission to make the show more dark but fun to watch, plus we would maybe finally get a full war episode XD

• Brohoof 1

Disney didn't create a lot of things like those classic fairy tales that they are borrowed and then turned into formula that worked. Then there is Marvel universe where it pretty much very successful, where other comic book franchises are tanking right now.

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 1 year later...