Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does one do when depressed?

SeriousMax

I'm depressed all the time.

I find it helps to just withdraw completely, seek escapism and just shut my mind off so I don't have to think of all the crap that makes me depressed. Pony hard. Pony real frikin hard.

Finding yourself a good time consuming single player game is a solid bet most of the time. I'll start up something like Just Cause 2 and ignore the boom boom usual stuff, instead play as a bus or truck driver doing runs around the islands.

Try looking at loneliness as an state of mind. If you grow in understanding, perhaps you may to come to realize why there are people who despite being surrounded by others, still experience loneliness. And others that simply aren't affected by loneliness despite being alone.

Make a friend of yourself.

• Brohoof 2

Do something that can distract your mind from the things that are bothering you,  live in the present time don't think or care about future or past only think and do what is going on at that moment.

Remove the irrelevant thoughts from your mind and do not give them importance if you are thinking about something that you cannot do anything about at that moment it's usually better to not think about that at all.

You can also go to sleep and ease your mind that way. 

• Brohoof 2

Go with your friend to the mall or to a cup of coffee somewhere or a movie together. Spending time with friends always helps me when I'm depressed. Friendship is the key.:-D

If you don't have any, try to branch out. Having one best friend is enough on its own, you don't need like 10 friends. Just one friend whom you hang out with and talk to is awesome on its own.

• Brohoof 1

I was a pretty depressed person throughout High school...

The Pills didn't really work for me...and having friends didn't really help me much either...

I think it was when I started being more active and excercise that my mood started to pick up, and overtime I felt a lot better, I slept earlier, studied more...overall I felt like a different person.... 

I read somewhere a couple years later that excercise does something to your Brain...so I guess maybe that kind of explains it

Edited by White Blood Cell

I just play Video Games and watch YouTube videos, if I'm feeling down. As for getting friends, I can't really say anymore than attempting to expand your horizons and talk to people. If you get to know them, these acquaintances may transform into friends. It can be nerve wracking, but it will only work if you give it your all.

When I'm not listening to sad music to make everything worst, I try to occupy myself instead with a big, motivational project (and entertainment of course). If I can't find new people to talk to, I can try to get more love for myself for a beginning. The rest will surely come after, right? :o

Edited by Floppy Snow

Easy, do something about it. Go to people you love to talk to about it, work at something and get yourself into patterns of productivity, see a doctor. Just do anything besides sitting around doing nothing about it. I'm serious. I learned the hard way myself why that never works. :maud:

24 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Easy, do something about it. Go to people you love to talk to about it, work at something and get yourself into patterns of productivity, see a doctor. Just do anything besides sitting around doing nothing about it. I'm serious. I learned the hard way myself why that never works. :maud:

If only it was that easy.

I have been dealing with depression for over a decade now, as well as problems with self-hatred and an inferiority complex. What *sometimes* helps me is making a new signature, but within a little while after that signature is done I will look at it and not think it is worth anything. I will still upload it but the confidence boost is extremely short. Beyond that if I am really down I listen to music or watch some videos, and if all else fails, sleep. It has become more and more difficult in time.

I get depressed often, but I still somehow manage to stay motivated to work through it. I'm doing well at work, my home is clean, but the depression is still there. It's always like a heavy cloak over your shoulders that you can't take off. Whenever I get depressed I try to use that negative energy somehow. It used to be the fuel for all of my creative writing practices, but I haven't felt like writing since some years so now I use it to be proactive in work-related things. (I was unhappy this weekend with nothing to do and decided to clean up the schools table in my job's sql database. I have no words to describe how messy user-automated entries can get...)