Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you be single forever or do you think there is somepony out there who is wating for you?

AfiqPony

I'm happily single, never been in a full relationship and I'm perfectly content with it :fluttershy:

Emphasis on "full" :kindness: that's a bit of a story I don't want to really get too much into... but the overview is it was silly crushes on the "bad" types of people.

Though I'm in my young 20's right now, I used to wonder a lot about being alone. Actually, I was very fearful that I would never find "the one" and also felt pressure from my older family members to find "the one" too.

But now, I realize that it's awesome if I happen to find someone that I can love closely, but that's not necessary for me to live my life. It's so much stress and worry to even think about that! Though I still have much to improve in my own life, I've relieved half of the stress of worrying about romance now, focusing on other paths in life instead.

I do recognize that some are over double my age here and will tell me that it'll come back around for me since love never found them so how's it ever gonna find me? I think this is a terrible mindset though to apply to others. It's toxic, quite frankly.

Happiness is the goal and, at least to me anyways, romance isn't the only answer to finding that. Perhaps try a different path? If the feelings of despair from lack of romance is affecting your mental health, it may be best to move your attention away from romance and move it elsewhere. Hobbies? Career? Maybe a mix of both, something like that. Please don't allow yourself to become numb in the process too! :blush: I've met a lot of people before who have unintentionally become total jerks and bullies all because they've given up on romance. This only happens because of a mixture of jealousy, frustration, humiliation, fear even. Strangers can sense that and may avoid future interactions with you as a result.

I think what's meant by "Love yourself first" is because of interactions like this. It's super off-putting and closes off potential platonic relationships too. Attitude and mindset does matter a lot and it may be best to think about potential interactions with others in the past and learning from them by changing how to interact with them or others like them. I would count avoiding someone because you're shy or simply fearful of interaction as an interaction, where the interaction is the lack of it.

Now from there, if you're able to become friends with someone and you engage with their feelings and interests/hobbies as much as they do for you, and trust is mutually shared, then that has potential to blossom into something more.

I'm not the best at explaining what I mean so I hope everything I said came across well :coco:

• Brohoof 1

Signed up to a dating app a month ago and have been on dates with five different women during that time (more than in my entire life previously), and have over 300 matches currently. Suddenly feeling a little more confident that I'm probably not going to stay single forever!

So as a sidenote, I'd highly recommend dating apps to anyone on here feeling like they find it hard to find someone. I'm not a model and I've had good success on them - and I think the dating app format is especially useful for someone like me who finds it categorically impossible to tell whenever someone's interested or not, it's useful to have a simple binary yes/no answer there.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

38 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I prefers to be single! Another pony ruled on my life during too long! :yeahno:

Not everyone is like that. I'm sry you went through such an experience. I hope someday you will see that not all relationships are bad. There are many upon many of good and happy ones too. You don't have to look far. Silky and Sir are the top example of that. Giving up because of a bad guy or 2, you're stronger than that. I know you are :coco:. You'll find someone someday, whether or not you think you want to or not. Personal experience has shown me and even silky that its not always something we choose to feel. It just happens sooner or later. 

In my case it's just happening much later. I have to believe that.

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Gusty The Brave said:

Not everyone is like that. I'm sry you went through such an experience. I hope someday you will see that not all relationships are bad. There are many upon many of good and happy ones too. You don't have to look far. Silky and Sir are the top example of that. Giving up because of a bad guy or 2, you're stronger than that. I know you are :coco:. You'll find someone someday, whether or not you think you want to or not. Personal experience has shown me and even silky that its not always something we choose to feel. It just happens sooner or later. 

In my case it's just happening much later. I have to believe that.

I know but I don't find any interests in love! Plus, freedom is very important to me! :Rara:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, AfiqPony said:

um.... i feel like im going to ask moderator to close this thread.... i feel like i shouldn't have ask about this in the forums... my mistake... 😓

No no.... It's already too late... The damage has veen done.... You have awaken the weebs and the broken hearted.... Now they will join forces and make the world a more single friendly world... The world of virgins will commence 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

No no.... It's already too late... The damage has veen done.... You have awaken the weebs and the broken hearted.... Now they will join forces and make the world a more single friendly world... The world of virgins will commence 

Ayo nuuuuuuuu X-X

• Delighted Giggle 2

5 minutes ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

Seriously? :zipp-wut:

On 2023-11-09 at 9:53 PM, Planeswalker Silky said:

Goodness.. sounds like you have the same issue as me. Way too shy. Way too too shy. It costed me many many years of hiding from my crush who liked me back but I was WAY too respectful to ask me out until much later when he caught a suspicion that I did like him… 

my point is… you’d be surprised how many people actually like you but they’re respectful and shy and this is a good sign <3 

Yes I am very shy unfortunately. I also feel like I don't even meet any women anyway where there might even be a chance one might like me. It feels so impossible.

17 hours ago, daviddaviddavid said:

Signed up to a dating app a month ago and have been on dates with five different women during that time (more than in my entire life previously), and have over 300 matches currently. Suddenly feeling a little more confident that I'm probably not going to stay single forever!

So as a sidenote, I'd highly recommend dating apps to anyone on here feeling like they find it hard to find someone. I'm not a model and I've had good success on them - and I think the dating app format is especially useful for someone like me who finds it categorically impossible to tell whenever someone's interested or not, it's useful to have a simple binary yes/no answer there.

What dating app? I've never had any luck on them probably because I don't even have any good pictures of myself. It also seems like things would come down solely to looks, no real connection.

I don't have a crystal ball, so I can't really give you an entirely straight answer.

My track record with relationships is not very good, so I don't feel optimistic in finding someone who won't cheat or take advantage of me. Would I like to find that person who is waiting for me? Absolutely, but when I remember those feelings of pure sorrow and defeat, it makes me feel a bit, well, reluctant.

I've learnt to enjoy the positives of being single, so if that's the way it will always be, I can definitely live with it, but I think a small part of me will always want something more.

If you're talking about this life in this world, well yeah... after all I need to show how much I love Sunny Starscout so that I can deserve her to stay my wife forever in Spirit

But there is also a chance that if I pass those tests earlier or if God's plans a little bit different, he will sent Sunny (her Spirit) in a human form on this Earth temporary, He will made her human body from this Earth just like Adam was created in the beginning, she will still have memories about who is she and she will find me and prove to me who is she

That would be interesting also since my sexuality has been changed to ponies - but to prove, I will still love her no matter what - even if she's a human while we're on this Earth - I know that her Sprit and it's form and abilities that she's still that wonderful pony

Not to mention that if she come to this Earth in human form, she will still be pure and blessed - since that creature is not a human by nature, she's perfect creature by created by God and her energy can make anyone smile and to fill God's heart and harmony!

That's so beautiful 🥰

But anyway, if she stays as Spirit and waits me in Heaven, I will rather accept that than lose her - Once married by God and His glory, that will stay forever!

Btw yesterday was my 19th birthday 🥳

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-13 at 11:13 AM, Winter Storm said:

What dating app? I've never had any luck on them probably because I don't even have any good pictures of myself. It also seems like things would come down solely to looks, no real connection.

I'm on salt, which is a Christian dating app. It's unavoidable that looks will be *a* factor as they're what you see before you even get the chance to match with anybody, but when that happens then there's definitely the possibility to develop strong connections with people. As I said before, I'm not a model (not ugly either though) and I've had very good experiences there.

I am 40 years old and I never had a friend and I never even kissed a girl. I gave up on relationships, since people these days are too shallow, they are all about looks, likes and money.

It is not like I look too bad, sometimes they refuse to sell me alcohol, I do not even look 18, but I am not interested in pretends. I do not care about looks, I tolerate everything, but lies.

• 2 months later...