Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you be single forever or do you think there is somepony out there who is wating for you?

AfiqPony

Yes, the source of the problem is genetic with this family. It stunts your development. For example, both my mother and uncle returned to their parents after failure to launch. Still single. Same with me. I hit a ceiling and returned with my family during my adolescence. We have no autonomy.

So, unless I wish to drag someone into a relationship out of pity. That is not gonna happen. Because that person is gonna have to carry with themselves and me, since I still suffer from hormonal depression, bipolar disorder, self-destructive behaviour and addiction. Which is common among people with developmental problems We stumble and fall and abandon ourselves. Also, being trapped inside an abnormal body makes you into someone very reclusive and anti-social. Take endogamic families for example. Since this problem stems from inbreeding, most likely.

Imagine looking at someone and having them turned their face away as if they were seeing something painful when they see you. Yikes...

Anyways, you don't feel like a normal person anymore. It is alienating. Also, I have only seen one woman with my condition so far. She looked very anorexic and almost entirely dissociated. It was like finding the rare zombie unicorn. "Ah, someone who can really understand". I thought. And then wandered how a relationship with someone who shares the same affliction must have been like. The answer is not good. Because I have my own mother as an example. No responsibility whatsoever.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

i was lucky enough to meet my special one when i was 14, but in complete honesty - relationships are hard work, the lust dissolves when real stress starts to take effect and you and this person will go through the worst of times and the best of times.

People believe that having a relationship fits the last piece of their puzzle but that is so indefinitely wrong, having a relationship is like its own additional puzzle. It doesn't complete you, it adds on a little extra and gives you experience that truly changes you. 

Everyone is different, every person has their own unique personality. I don't believe in fate, as in 'there is someone for everyone' - relationships don't just happen nor do Two people entirely mesh with each other. Its what you choose to commit to, what you love about a persons unique and different personality that makes you want to spend your entire waking life with them. 

Working on the love for yourself teaches you about the unconditional love you will have for your partner, i am still learning to love myself, and every day it teaches me how to love my partner more and more and most importantly why i love him. 

Just remember that nobody is perfect, and no person will be what is deemed perfect for you, clashing is almost always a certain with everyone, as is disagreements. But that is also the reason you love that person is because they are there own person, inspiring you to be truthful to yourself.

This is coming from someone with almost a 5 year long relationship, so i do have the experience and knowledge to be able to say this :D

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Yes, the source of the problem is genetic with this family. It stunts your development. For example, both my mother and uncle returned to their parents after failure to launch. Still single. Same with me. I hit a ceiling and returned with my family during my adolescence. We have no autonomy.

So, unless I wish to drag someone into a relationship out of pity. That is not gonna happen. Because that person is gonna have to carry with themselves and me, since I still suffer from hormonal depression, bipolar disorder, self-destructive behaviour and addiction. Which is common among people with developmental problems We stumble and fall and abandon ourselves. Also, being trapped inside an abnormal body makes you into someone very reclusive and anti-social. Take endogamic families for example. Since this problem stems from inbreeding, most likely.

Imagine looking at someone and having them turned their face away as if they were seeing something painful when they see you. Yikes...

Anyways, you don't feel like a normal person anymore. It is alienating. Also, I have only seen one woman with my condition so far. She looked very anorexic and almost entirely dissociated. It was like finding the rare zombie unicorn. "Ah, someone who can really understand". I thought. And then wandered how a relationship with someone who shares the same affliction must have been like. The answer is not good. Because I have my own mother as an example. No responsibility whatsoever.

Tsktsktsk... That was your chance, and you had to think that she would turn out to be your mother? Who knows? Maybe she just needed you to change BUT its too late for that... Again you didn't try.... And again with how you explained on your condition..... What the hell do you have to lose? You practically lost everything right? What else to lose my friend? All i can see what you can do now is...... Look up. You cant go any more bottomer in this situation right?

1 minute ago, Kujamih said:

Tsktsktsk... That was your chance, and you had to think that she would turn out to be your mother? Who knows? Maybe she just needed you to change BUT its too late for that... Again you didn't try.... And again with how you explained on your condition..... What the hell do you have to lose? You practically lost everything right? What else to lose my friend? All i can see what you can do now is...... Look up. You cant go any more bottomer in this situation right?

I SUGGEST to stop thinking too much or stop thinking period, it might work. Again, its one of my suggestions, its up to you.

On 2023-01-03 at 8:22 AM, Kujamih said:

Baby steps... Practice easy socializing skills.... First say hi or hello to a total stranger. Then if they strike a conversation try to continue... If you can't well you tried and thats always a start. And its okay since its a stranger you got nothing to lose. And who knows.... That might be the person you are looking for or something.

What am I supposed to start a conversation about though? I can never think of anything because as far as I know I have nothing in common with such strangers. Common interests are really important to me so it feels hopeless.

4 hours ago, Winter Storm said:

What am I supposed to start a conversation about though? I can never think of anything because as far as I know I have nothing in common with such strangers. Common interests are really important to me so it feels hopeless.

How would you know if you never ask? Would you have friends in this forums if you don't put a single word or even reply or strike a conversation? Look what we're having? We are making a conversation, right? We like ponies right? See? You're already starting without even noticing it. Im a complete stranger and yet we are having this conversation.... You pouring out whats deep inside of you... Etc... Etc.....etc...

I've... ruined alot. Only left with regrets and choices I wish I could do over. Such is life I guess...  here I am back at the crossroads a place I thought id never have to visit again. I wish I could go back so badly :sunny: Now all there is just a blank slate once again. 

Now I'm just really tired...  very exhausted.

Edited by SolaceFall

• 3 weeks later...

Nah relationships are terrible waste of time at least for me they are. Especially after the past year. I know I sound bitter but its the truth. It'll destroy your mind and emotions little by little until you break. 

A little bit more than a year ago I stood a chance. I was a healthy person starting to work for an actual serious company. No more entrepreneurship nor freelancing. I had an actual longterm contract. There was a future. Stability and a constant income makes wonders for sex appeal, you know?

And then I died.

I'm but the empty shell of that man. Just a carcass looking for a way to extend it's pointless existence. I... hold hopes and dreams no longer. I was a late bloomer of sorts, yes, but I was finally doing something. It seemed like my time had finally come. And the way I am stuck with "life" as of now is beyond pathetic.

If I wanted to, I could get myself a gf and get married soon enough though, but is someone I really don't like. What would be the point on that? I'm a dead weight regardless. It would be selfish from my part. So I have come to accept I am not making it through with anyone.

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

A little bit more than a year ago I stood a chance. I was a healthy person starting to work for an actual serious company. No more entrepreneurship nor freelancing. I had an actual longterm contract. There was a future. Stability and a constant income makes wonders for sex appeal, you know?

And then I died.

I'm but the empty shell of that man. Just a carcass looking for a way to extend it's pointless existence. I... hold hopes and dreams no longer. I was a late bloomer of sorts, yes, but I was finally doing something. It seemed like my time had finally come. And the way I am stuck with "life" as of now is beyond pathetic.

If I wanted to, I could get myself a gf and get married soon enough though, but is someone I really don't like. What would be the point on that? I'm a dead weight regardless. It would be selfish from my part. So I have come to accept I am not making it through with anyone.

I'm the same,can't find anyone with the same views and mindset so I guess i'll go through life single lol

4 hours ago, imperia said:

I'm the same,can't find anyone with the same views and mindset so I guess i'll go through life single lol

In my case, is not a views and mindset thing.

This person has been on my tail since highschool. She's moderately successful and we share several views. Is just I don't feel attracted to her. I just can't click with her despite how many things we have in common including life goals.

On the other hand, views and mindset aren't a definitive thing for finding a mate. One can date someone that seems to be a complete oposite and things can work to a certain degree. Of course, there are things that can simply make you not want to be with someone if your mindset clashes big time. In my case it would be the gender ideology stuff given it clashes completely with my objetive fact-driven mindset. I definitively can't bypass that since it contradicts what I can observe and verify experimentally. I guess there's at least one belief or behavior that can really repel one from someone else.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

This person has been on my tail since highschool. She's moderately successful and we share several views. Is just I don't feel attracted to her. I just can't click with her despite how many things we have in common including life goals.

On the other hand, views and mindset aren't a definitive thing for finding a mate. One can date someone that seems to be a complete oposite and things can work to a certain degree. Of course, there are things that can simply make you not want to be with someone if your mindset clashes big time. In my case it would be the gender ideology stuff given it clashes completely with my objetive fact-driven mindset. I definitively can't bypass that since it contradicts what I can observe and verify experimentally. I guess there's at least one belief or behavior that can really repel one from someone else.

Oh,I see

So it's like she's more into you than you into her

damn..

4 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Unfortunately, that's the case. I would have solved my life by now if I wasn't so picky, I guess.

Story of my life,i'm also picky with men though :)

On 2023-02-07 at 12:04 AM, Jesse Terrence said:

I thought you were in it for the visa? Now you want love!? XD

• The title was changed to Will you be single forever or do you think there is somepony out there who is wating for you?
  • 2 weeks later...

I've dated several different people here and there over the years, but honestly speaking I don't know and I don't really think about it much lately. I'm in my mid twenties and I'm focusing more on my own life and asking myself how am I developing as a person.  I think everyone should approach at being satisfied and fulfilled with themselves first, then if you meet someone down the line, they just add more to that. I've seen too many people not satisfied with themselves pursuing others for the sake of not being lonely. For some reason they think that once they find that person, that they will solve all their problems and trust me from experience- that is simply not true. In my opinion, I think everyone should legitimately work on themselves as a person first. Then along the way you may or may not meet someone special who aligns to your values. If you do meet someone special, maybe the both of you can work together on improving yourselves too.

If you don't ever find them, then that's okay. You will be fine, it's not the end of the world. I think it's better if you approach life from a different perspective rather than being upset with yourself that you currently aren't in a relationship. I think anyone can get into a relationship and some people like to romanticize being in one, but to get into a meaningful relationship and make it work is another thing.

There could be someone out there for me, but if there is, then I highly doubt we will ever meet each other. I don't want to be single at all, I hate it, but it's so hard for me to even make a friend in real life.