Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "Driving cuts the time of the trip there and back in half pretty much" she says as she nods "If you think about it, on the train it'd stop at every stop, unless it was express, but it would still take more time. Only stops we would make are traffic lights outside of the highways and any we want to make" she says as she drove up to the bakery and nods "I remember dear, but thank you for reminding me" she says as she parks the car outside of Sugarcube Corner and getting out of the car.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lady Moonspell

As he listened to Scarlet's explanation, Dynamo had thought for a moment, before nodding in agreement. "That's true when you put it that way. The only thing you would have to worry about is traffic lights and traffic from the highway. Granted, if there is a need to take a detour, due to construction, then the trip could take some more time too. I remember looking on a GPS and it would usually show that a train takes longer when it comes to traveling. Although, I thought it was exaggerated because it only took me at least an hour to get to Baltimare once." He says as Scarlet drove up towards the bakery and parks. "You're welcome and it's no problem. One can never predict the crafty minds of both Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich." He chuckled as he stepped opened the passenger door and stepped out of the car, before closing the door behind him. "Shall we, m'lady?" He asks, walking over to the female rabbit and offers his arm for her to take.

@Dynamo Pad

She smiles and nods as she takes his arm and then gently knocks on the bakery's door. "Coming!" Pinkie calls out, carrying Cupcake over to the door and opening it "ah Dynamo, Scarlet, stopping over just as promised" she smiles, allowing them in."thank you Pinkie" Scarlet says "Unfortunately we can't stay for long, just picking up some things for the trip, to play with Cupcake for a minute or two, oh and to tell you to expect our mothers soon" she says "we wanted them to hear the news from you, and lets see...we'll have our usual, thanks"

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo smiles as she took his arm, while the two made their way to the front door of the baker. As Scarlet knocked on the door, the two had heard Pinkie's voice as she opened the front door. "Hey, Pinkie and Cupcake. It's nice to see you." He says, chuckling as the two walked into the baker. "Thanks you Pinkie. Plus, Scar and I will always keep a promise. It's just like what you said about a Pinkie Promise. Once you make that kind of promise, then you must keep your word of that promise. Forever." He narrowed his eyes at the last part of his explanation, before chuckling once more. As the group was talking, Cheese had made his way into the room. At the same time, he had been folding a piece of paper into a small square, before placing the small paper into his mane. "Hey, you guys! It's so nice of you two to stop by. We hope you both weren't waiting very long. Pinkie and I were planning out parties for the next several months." 

Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise, before smiling in amazement. "It's okay, Cheese. Scar and I just got here and that's impressive. It sounds to me like you two will be pretty busy on making birthday parties." He says, nodding as the female rabbit had given the gist of their arrival. "We should be back from Manehatten by tonight or tomorrow. So, the usual order of snacks should be efficient." He says, before continuing. "Seeing as we are also here to visit our favorite niece. Who wants a hug from their auntie Scarlet and uncle Dynamo?"

@Dynamo Pad

Cupcake who had heard Dynamo and Scarlet's voices, raised her head sleepily and reached up for them "D-Dynamo" she says sleepily and smiles sweetly at him. Scarlet smiles, resting her head on his shoulder "I'd say that is a yes from our little niece" she says with a smile, watching as Pinkie and Cheese went about getting their snacks for their trip. Scarlet gently stroked Cucpake's headfur, ears and mane.

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo smiled as he heard Cupcake calling out to him, while the young filly had looked up to Dynamo and Scarlet. "So, my name means yes? Well, I guess that's okay. Given that my name is her first word, after all." He chuckled, before reaching out to Cupcake and holding the filly in his arms. The gaming unicorn smiled softly as he felt Scarlet resting her head upon his shoulder, while hugging Cupcake close to both him and the female rabbit. "It's so great to see our favorite little niece again. Did you enjoy the TV marathon last night?" He asks, noticing fast blurs around the shop. He soon realized that Cheese and Pinkie were working together to make the treats for the couple's trip to Manehattan. 

@Dynamo Pad

Pinkie soon hopped over to them and skidded to a halt, holding their specialty treat boxes and drinks "Here you two go,  two specialty treat boxes and milkshakes" she says, smiling as Scarlet smiles and takes them "Thanks Pinkie, wish we could stay longer, but we do wish to avoid the morning rush of traffic" she says with a smile. "and as much as we'd love to play with Cupcake even more, we really need to go" she says, handing over the money for the treats and drinks, looking over to Dynamo.

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo's eyes widened as he felt a quick gust of wind within the bakery. He looked over to the side to see Pinkie, who hopped over to them, before skidding to a stop. "Thank you so much for the treat boxes and milkshakes, Pinkie. Scar and I really do appreciate it." He smiles, holding the boxes and milkshakes in a levitation spell. Cheese had flew out of the back entrance, jumped with a float, before landing next to Pinkie. "No need to explain, you two. Traffic is the number one cause for road rage. Although, traffic never seems to stop Pinkie, Cupcake, or myself. I have absolutely no idea, but we don't want to keep you both waiting. Go and enjoy your mini vacation." He says, Dynamo nodding as Scarlet handed over the money for the treats and milkshakes. He turned to Cupcake and gave the filly and apologetic look. "I know we just got here, but your auntie and I need to get going. No need to worry because we'll be back before you know it. After that, we can all play and spend time together. Would you like that, sweetie?" He asks, kissing the top of Cupcake's head, before nuzzling her. "Say bye-bye to your auntie Scarlet." He says, hugging Cupcake one more time, before handing the filly over to the female rabbit.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles as she briefly gives Cupcake a hug and tickles her belly and then kisses her nose "We'l be back by tomorrow sweetie, and then we can play together all day" she says before handing the little filly back to her mother, which just so happened to be Pinkie Pie. She tickles Cupcake's tummy one more time and smiles "Well, thanks for the treats guys" she says, getting out her wallet to pay, when Pinkie grins "Oh no need to pay, consider it a thanks for last night" she says. Scarlet smiles and nods "Thanks guys" she says "See you tomorrow" she says and as she begins to turn to leave the store "Oh yes our mothers will be here sometime today to hear the news" she says, wiggling her little tail and smiling before leaving the bakery and treat store.

-Back at Dynamo's house-

Devin was wearing one of her large tshirts and smiling at Gentle as she sips on her first coffee for the morning, "What's your schedule for today dear?" she asks, still sipping on her coffee "I was thinking, seeing as they're going to be away for a day, we make the most of it" she says to her "It's been a while we just did something together, just the two of us"

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo smiled, chuckling slightly as he saw Scarlet was playing along with Cupcake. "When your auntie and I make a promise, then that promise will always be kept. We'll make sure to be back at the bakery first thing in the morning. Afterwards, we'll all play together for the whole day. It's what your mommy and daddy taught us. Never break a Pinkie Promise." Cheese nodded in agreement, before narrowing his eyes somewhat dramatically. "One must never break a Pinkie Cheesy Promise. Forever." He says, before having a goofy grin on his muzzle. "I'm just kidding, but we did teach you two the Pinkie Promise. So, I know you two will be back soon." Dynamo chuckled, giving Cheese a thumbs up to confirm the promise. "We'll make sure to message you guys when Scar and I are on our way home. Also, thank you for the free treats, you guys. We'll see you all tomorrow." He says, following the female rabbit out of the bakery. He stopped suddenly at the additional info of their mother's visiting and nods. "Just be subtle about it. Sort of keep them in suspense, until the time is right to let them know." He smirks with a wink, before walking out of the bakery and treat store with Scarlet by his side.

-Back at Dynamo's house-

As the morning got underway, Gentle had made a pot of coffee, while waiting to Devin to make her way down to the living room. As she placed the two mugs on the coffee table, she smiled as she saw her best friend making her way down the steps. As the two sat next to each other, Gentle took a sip of her coffee and sighed. She tilted her head, raising an eyebrow at Devin's question. "Hmm...I don't think I have any plans for today. I was going to have a dance lesson to teach, but some of the students had to cancel. They said something about the families were going on holiday vacations. So, they'll be away for a day or so. So, my schedule is pretty much available, at the moment." She looked to her friend, while listening intently to Devin's idea for the day. "A day out together with my best friend? I like that idea and you're right. It's been a while since either of us spent the entire day together. You've been busy with work at times and I've had my dance classes."

The periwinkle unicorn thought for a moment, before snapping her fingers. An idea had just formed in her mind. "I've got it! Since we have stop by the bakery to talk to Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. How about the two of us see a movie. I think there are some good movies playing at the local theater. What do you think, Devin?" She asks, taking another sip of her coffee. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles, she had heard about the Pinkie Pie Promise from Coco Pommel when she had helped her once. "It's a Pinkie Pie Promise, little sweetie, we'll spend all day with you soon" she says, kissing her forehead once more then turning to Dynamo "Come on dear, you  can drive for a bit if you'd like, I can direct you once you need any directions" she says, stretching "But I might enjoy our drinks and snacks for a bit, before a nap."

-back at the house-

Devin smiles up at Gentle "That sounds like a great plan, go see what this surprise is and then go see a movie with my best friend." she says, hugging her after putting her mug down "Alright, how about we get showered and dressed and then head off?"

@Lady Moonspell

"It was nice to see you all again. We'll see you all soon, you guys." he says as he waved farewell to Pinkie, Cheese and Cupcake. As the couple had exited the bakery, Dynamo nods as the two made their way back towards their car. "Okay and I don't mind driving a bit, honey. It's only fair that we switch the driving roles every now and again. That way, one of us won't feel really tired after driving all day." He says, chuckling at the mention of taking a nap after eating their snacks and drinks. "If that happens, then maybe you can give me the address. We can use GPS, so you can still take a nap without worry." He says, opening the passenger seat for the female rabbit. At the same time, making sure not to spill the treat boxes and milkshakes.

-back at the house-

A the mention of the plan for the afternoon, Gentle smiled with a nod. "Okay, then. I still wonder what this surprise is that Pinkie and Cheese wanted to tell us? Our kids were pretty eager for us to know." She says, shrugging her shoulders as she wasn't sure. "Regardless, I'm just glad to spend the day with my best friend." She says, returning the hug, before drinking the rest of her coffee. "Okay and that sounds good to me, dear. You can go first and then I'll get ready for the afternoon."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiled and wiggled her little tail, putting the address into the GPS for Dynamo before getting into the passenger's side seat, leaning the seat back so that she could relax and then begun on her box of treats "Thanks honey, I guess I'm still exhausted from everything lately" she says, closing her eyes and falling into sleep

-back at the house-

"Thanks sis" Devin says, finishing her coffee and hugging Gentle before going up the stairs to the bathroom to wash up and get changed.

@Lady Moonspell

After the female rabbit had gotten into the passenger seat, he placed the box of treats on her lap and milkshakes in the cup holders. He closed the passenger door and made his way over to the driver's side of the car. After opening the door, taking his seat and putting on his seat belt. He looked at the GPS on his phone and nods with a smile. "You're welcome, sweetheart. Also, that's completely understandable. After what the two of us went through. Especially what you've told me about your job, before your retirement. I would be surprised if you weren't exhausted from all that has happened. Just enjoy the treats, rest easy and we'll be there before you know it." He kisses her cheek, before starting up the car and exiting the parking lot.

-back at the house-

"You're welcome and it's no trouble at all, sis. I'll be in my room, so just let me know when you're all set." She says, returning the hug and following Devin up the stairs. The periwinkle unicorn made her way to her room and closed the door. She moved over to her closet and opened the door, before thinking of what she would want to wear for the day. She smiled as she decided to go with a simple pink shirt and dark blue pants. After placing the clothes on her bed, she sat and waited for Devin to return. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods as she kisses his cheek in return. "Thanks hon" she'd say before leaning back into the car seat and closing her eyes, heaving a sigh of contentedness and fell into a deep, restful sleep.

-At the house-

Devin smiled as she soon exited the bathroom, ten minutes later and hugged Gentle from behind "Alright you saucy mare, bathroom's all yours" she'd tease as she would go to her room and found a nice outfit to wear.

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo smiled as he felt the kiss upon his cheek. "You're welcome, my dear." He says, glancing over to see the female rabbit had leaned back in her seat, before closing her eyes. As his girlfriend was resting, Dynamo made sure to follow the directions on the GPS. There had been traffic from time to time, but it wasn't as bad. Seeing as it was still early in the morning. Dynamo had yawned every now and then as he was still a little tired. However, had made sure to stay awake as he drove. Occasionally taking a bite of the treats in his treat box. As three hours had gone by, Dynamo grinned as he could see Manehattan was coming into view. He glanced back over to Scarlet, while gently shaking her shoulder to wake her up. "Hey, Scar. You need to wake up. We're about to arrive in Manehattan."

-At the house-

After ten minutes had passed, Gentle was slightly surprised as she felt someone hugging her from behind. She looked behind her and smiled, before giggling to see Devin had hugged the periwinkle mare. "Thanks for letting me know, Devin. Also, I would say the same to you." She laughed, before taking her choice in outfit and made her way towards the bathroom. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet groaned a little as she stretched and yawned, cutely. She would then open her eyes slowly to see that they were indeed approaching the city of Manehatten. "Still full of smog I see" she says and shakes herself lightly "Alright honey, lets see" she says, waiting for them to enter into the city and looked around "My office is..oh, it's in the city center hub" she says, eating one of her left over treats "Just keep driving and you should find it easily enough"

-At the house-

Devin  had chosen a pair of knee high platform boots, a short skirt and a tshirt with a jacket. It would seem that she shared similar fashion sense with her daughter.

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo smiled as he heard that Scarlet was beginning to wake up. "I'm guessing that Manehattan has always been like that? Is there a reason for all of the smog?" He wondered as he heard the earlier question. While Dynamo was nervous about driving into unknown territory. He decided to take calming deep breaths, while the female rabbit would guide him. "So, the center hub is basically one of the buildings in the center of the city? I guess that's why it's called a center hub." He chuckles with a nod. "Okay and will do. Just let me know you see the building and we'll find a place to park." He says, turning off his GPS, while listening to his girlfriend's instructions.

-At the house-

After ten minutes had passed, Gentle had made her way out of the bathroom. She was dressed in her outfit for the day, while drying and brushing her mane. After making sure she had everything she needed, she made her way back to her room. Gentle smiled as she saw that Devin was still here, but blushed slightly as she thought that Devin looked adorable in her outfit. She smirked playfully as she quietly made her way into the room. She walked up to Devin, before hugging her friend from behind and nuzzling her cheek. "I'm all set and ready to spend the day with my best friend. I also have to admit that you're looking really cute. It seems that you and your daughter have a good sense in fashion."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "It's the center police hub, the detective offices are within" she explains "As for the smog, it's due to all the factories in the city" she says, pulling a face and looking around to look for the hub "I have a feeling all the smog is part of the reason as to why everyone here is usually so grumpy" she says "not much chance of fresh air, save for maybe really early in the mornings when the factories are all shut down."

-The house-

Devin felt her best friend hug her from behind and let out a small eep in surprise and then giggles, holding her hands in her small paws and nuzzling her back, while wiggling  her pointy little tail "I'm all set too Gentle dear" she says "And thank you, Scarlet does indeed get her fashion sense from me" she smiles "I just feel this style helps me feel more youthful"  she then picks up her handbag and her purse.

@Lady Moonspell

"Now I understand. I guess that way, the police are able to go to where trouble or investigations are taking place. Instead of just being in one part of the city." He says, smiling and nodding as he listened to her explanation. "I've seen smog in the air when passing by other towns, but I never knew the reason. I know of a factory that makes glasses or packs items for shipment, but nothing that involves smog." He says, before chuckling slightly. "I guess that takes the whole saying, "there must be something in the water," to a whole new level. I guess the early morning is a rare opportunity, but I guess they won't shut down the factories anytime soon?" He asks as he saw the police hub was coming up within their sights.

-The house-

Gentle giggled slightly as she was able to surprise Devin. She smiled as Devin held her hands in her paws and returned the nuzzle. "That's good to hear. Should we take your car when we leave? I wasn't sure if you wanted to walk or drive to town. I know we have to meet up with Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich first." She says, letting go of the hug and going over to the bed to pick up her purse. "You're welcome, Devin. I guess Scarlet takes a lot after you. Seeing how you have that style, flare and charm, as well." She says with a smile.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods "Well they get shut down during the late nights and early mornings  when the employees and employers are all at home" she says "As for what they make, no idea, but the smog is very bad for health" she says "and happiness"

-At the house-

Devin smiles "Car, I'm feeling slightly lazy today, it;s our day to relax together"

@Lady Moonspell

"Hmm...at least they don't have anyone working the late night shift. I've known and worked at some jobs that have employees working from the late evening, until the early mornings. I can never understand how somepony can go through a sleep and work cycle like that." He noted as he shrugged his shoulders. "Even so, it's nice that they let everyone get some fresh air when the factories are shut down. I just hope they can make things a little more bearable for everypony in town. I can imagine Pinkie going into town and making everyone smile from ear to ear." He chuckled as he pulled up near the center police hub. He began looking around from side to side in order to find a good parking space.

-At the house-

"Oh, you and being lazy. If you're saying you are lazy, then you'll be falling asleep in the movie theater." She giggles, before continuing. "Although, to be fair. You are busy with your job. So, it's okay to be lazy every once in a while. We'll have to take your car, since the kids took the house vehicle." She says, playfully rolling her eyes at her friend's antics.

@Dynamo Pad

"Mm oh hey hon, go around the back, there should be a spot there" she says, stretching, "It is also closer to my office" she says and closes her eyes for a brief moment "I agree though, hopefully they can make life in the city more bearable, perhaps that is something we can bring up with Twilight?" she asks "I'm not the ambassador for Manehatten, but I think she'll still receive us well"

-At the house-

Devin chuckles and finishes her coffee "Sad thing is, you're not wrong there Gentle dear" she says with a grin "But let us hope that they have a movie that isn't boring, else I may just fall asleep during the movie" she laughs then nods "It's okay, we can take my car" she says, leading her best friend to her car, waiting outside her house next door.

@Lady Moonspell

At the mention of there being a spot for him to park, Dynamo began driving around, until he saw the parking spot she had mentioned. "There we go and thank you, sweetheart. This parking spot isn't too bad. At least I'm not stuck between other cars to where I won't be able to leave." After making sure he was parked, he turned off the car and stretched. "I'm glad we were able to make it. Sitting in a seat for so long can really hurt your back." He noted, before somewhat nodding to her statement. "That's an interesting idea, but I'm not truly sure. Since Twilight is the Princess of Friendship to Ponyville. I'm not entirely sure if there's anything she can do to solve the issue for Manehatten. Although, I think I heard other ponies had said that she might take over Celestia's and Luna's place. Meaning she might rule all of Equestria. So, maybe the idea you have is possible, after all." He says, making his way out of the driver's seat, before going over to open the passenger door for the female rabbit.

-At the house-

Gentle could only laugh at Devin's remark, before smiling at her friend. "They should have a good selection of movies to choose from. If not, then any movie is better than nothing. Knowing you, I don't think you'd mind if you fell asleep. Given that you'd fall asleep on my shoulder." She returned the grin, before following Devin down the steps towards the living room. "Okay, then I'm guessing you'll be the one to drive? Seeing how it isn't my car, but I thought I should ask." She giggled as the duo made their way out of the house. The periwinkle mare followed the female wolf next door, who was waiting alongside her car.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would nod and then sat up before getting out of the car and stretching "That is true, and if you thought the traffic and road rage was bad in Canterlot, pray you don't have to witness it here" she says, "Come on, the sooner we get my retirement severance and gift from my old boss, the sooner we can pick up the rest of my stuff at my place and then decide what we want to do from there" she says to him, beginning to lead the way up to her boss's office. As she listened to nod "What I was thinking, is that she could more easily and quickly get an audience with Luna and Celestia, so then she can bring it up with them and hopefully sway their favor to getting rid of the factories, or at least moving them out of the residential areas."

-At the house-

Devin blushed and wiggled her tuft of a little tail happily, as she would indeed not mind falling asleep on Gentle's shoulder, and Gentle fully knew why now. She sighed a little "You're right there Gentle, falling asleep on my best friend's shoulder isn't such a bad thing" she would say, getting out her car keys and unlocked it, getting into the driver's side "So where to first? Sugarcube Corner or the movies?"