Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

"Oh yes, she was like that" she smiles and nods "I have a feeling that the pets were like comforters for our kids, whenever they weren't with each other" she chuckles, driving off once more when the light turned green "It's one of the reasons why I let Dynamo keep both Chocolate and Milkshake, to help him ease into the situation. Sure we were both saddened about having to send Scarlet away, but I believe it affected Dynamo the most"

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Demencia

“Do you think the pets knew something that we didn’t? I guess it helped to know that the pets were their friends.” She chuckled as they began driving away once more. “I remember having to discuss about that with you. I remember having to switch having Milkshake and Chocolate over, but we mostly kept Milkshake. I guess it’s understandable that my son had lost his friend. He had trouble sleeping after she moved away. I remember the pets helped him fall asleep from time to time, but it still wasn’t easy. It didn’t help that this took place after that whole camp disappearance.” 

@Dynamo Pad

"Well it is often said that pets like cats have a sense of when someone is sick or upset" she says "and especially after the camp disappearance, I can understand how both Milkshake and Chocolate would want to be with the kids, especially Dynamo" she would say as they would arrive back at Gentle's house "To be honest, I am very thankful for those two. I'm not sure..I heard that there were a few other survivors found, but..they didn't bounce back like Dynamo did" she says "I credit that to not only yours and Quick's excellent raising of him, but also the love and affection he was getting from Milkshake and Chocolate"

@Demencia

"You're not wrong in that assumption. Chocolate always knew what was wrong, whenever I was starting to feel sad. He would always lay down next to me as if he was acting like a blanket." She smiled softly, before frowning and nodding about the camp incident. "I heard that some of the parents didn't even know what to do. Some of the kids even went to therapy. At least, that's what the word around town was like. The therapists had tried to tell the kids that it was all a dream and those who disappeared had moved away. It's a sad thing to try and cover up, but at that kind of age. What can you possibly do?" She shrugged her shoulders as they soon arrived at Gentle's house. "I'm grateful that they are here for our kids, but I still feel awful. I wish we could have sent them over to Scarlet's aunts, so she could have someone to help her through those difficult times." She smiled softly as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "Still...thank you, Dev. It warms my heart to hear you say that. I can say the same about you and the pets. Since she's been back in town, it seems like she's bouncing back pretty quickly. It shows that even after all of this time, your parenting has helped her to become strong physically, mentally and emotionally." She says, opening the passenger door, stepping out of the car and closing the door behind her.

• 4 weeks later...

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles as she hugs her marefriend "You're right on that, our Scarlet was always good at bouncing back after a tragedy" she says "though from what Snowshoe told me, it did take her a while after the camp incident" she says, shaking her head "It took about three years of therapy to get her to get back to her usual happy, fun loving self" she says then kisses Gentle on the cheek "I'm so happy that we can be together like this now" she smiles "and I am sure Dynamo will understand I would never try to replace Quick, no one could ever hope to replace that silly ol' goofball" she chuckles "But I am also sure he would understand that the love between us is pure"

@Etched Daydream

As she felt Devin pull her into a hug, Gentle could only smile as she returned the embrace. "I remember when she either lost her favorite stuffed animal or something important, Dynamo and the pets would always help cheer her up. I think she even had a special stuffed animal that my son gave to her. I know it wasn't the same as what she lost, but it was so nice to know that he trusted her to take care of his plush." She frowned as she could understand what Devin had mentioned. "I'm glad to hear that she was able to be her happy, fun loving self again. It was the same kind of story for Dynamo. It took about two and a half to three years to help him get over it. I think the moment he met Scarlet again, it was as if everything had begun to return to normal." She blushed slightly, yet smiled softly as she felt Devin place a kiss upon her cheek. "Indeed. Quick is someone that could never be forgotten or replaced for that matter. He always had a way to make others laugh, smile and not worry about anything." She chuckled along as she walked hand in paw with Devin towards the house. Upon listening to Devin's latest remark, Gentle tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Do you mean Quick, Dynamo, or both, dear? Regardless, I agree on what you said. Seeing how we just became a couple, then we'll have time to take things a day at a time. As long as we have the support of our kids, then there's nothing that can stop us."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin giggles and shakes her head "Both really, I'm sure that Quick is looking down at us from heaven and probably beaming happily..in between being a goofball and making the other angels laugh themselves silly" she says and smiles as they walk into the house "You go find what you need, love, I'll occupy myself with the pets" she says as she is bowled over by the two animals and laughs as she cuddles them.

@Etched Daydream

Gentle smiled and tried to hold back a laugh, but failed miserably. "You're probably right. I wonder what it's like up above in the heavens. I've heard from those that have seen it that it's truly peaceful. I once had a psychic told me that he felt at peace and happy. I can only imagine he'd be telling anyone a good laugh to brighten their day." As they walked into the house, the periwinkle unicorn frowned with a fake pout. "Okay, but then I'd miss you, Dev. Plus, we'll need to decided on what we want to order for dinner. Are there any plans for the evening like another movie?" She wondered as she made her way out of the living room and into the kitchen. She decided to get some celebratory beverages out of the fridge and grabbed a couple of glasses. After pouring the beverage into the two glasses, she closed the fridge and started making her way back into the living room. Upon entering the room, Gentle giggled as she could see Devin, who was being cuddled by both Chocolate and Milkshake. "Now isn't that a pretty picture? Sounds like someone missed their Devin. By the way, I got you something to drink. Seeing how we have some things to celebrate, after all." She says, levitating the glasses over towards the coffee table. "Do you need a hand in standing up? I don't blame you as you got attacked by a stampede of pets." She smiled, reaching out a hand towards Devin for her to take. 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin laughs "I was thinking maybe another of our favorite childhood favorites" she says, sitting up "I'll take that hand up, thanks" she says, waiting for Gentle to put the glasses down, she then takes her hand and then pulls her down into the cuddle pile "Gotcha!" she giggles "they wanna snuggle you too, honey" she'd say and then cuddle her some more as the two pets joined in the cuddles "As for dinner.. how about..we get some Neighponese?" she asks

@Etched Daydream

As Devin mentioned another movie, Gentle could only raise her eyebrows with interest. "That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Now what movie did you have in mind?" Upon grabbing Devin's paw, Gentle yelped as she was quickly pulled Ito the cuddle pile. "You did that on purpose!" She gave a fake gasp, giggling as she was cuddled by Devin and the pets. "Well, I can't say no to a cuddle pile. Although, are you sure you didn't use this idea as an excuse to ask for cuddles, huh?" She gave Devin an all knowing look, before laughing once again. "I'm just kidding, Devin. If you wanted cuddles, then all you need to do is ask. Hmm...Neighponese, huh? I don't see why now. I think they are open for another hour, so we'll have time to order and have something to eat for dinner. Do you know their number, by any chance? I can give them a call right away, so there won't be a need to rush." She says, returning the cuddles to Devin, Chocolate and Milkshake. 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin giggles "Oh I know love, as for the number, should be in my phone" she says, handing her phone to her "Passkey is your birthday" she smiles "Just order my usual, thanks" she then licks her muzzle "As for the movie.. How about..Aristocats?"

@Etched Daydream

"Thanks for letting me borrow your phone. I didn't mind using my phone, but I guess it's more convenient that you have the number." She says, taking the phone that was offered by the female rabbit. Before she put the passcode in, she looked at Devin with a look of surprise, before she giggled softly. "Sounds like someone found a passcode that they would remember very easily, huh." She nodded as she remembered the usual that Devin would like as the periwinkle unicorn dialed the number for the Neighponese restaurant. After a moment and placing their order, Gentle smiled as she hung up the phone. "There we go. Everything is done and they said they should be here in about thirty to forty minutes. That gives us plenty of time to watch a movie and enjoy each other's company." She says, blushing suddenly as Devin had licked her muzzle. "It seems like someone is really happy to be my special someone." She jokingly replied, giggling as she kissed Devin's cheek and nuzzled her once more. "Oh, I haven't seen that movie since the kids were little. My son simply adored the Aristocats. I think that's a perfect movie for us to watch."

@Dynamo Pad

She smiles "Well, what kind of best friend would I have been if I forgot your birthday?" she giggles "Plus, if I did ever forget, I could just ask you to get me into my phone" she smiles and gets the blu ray out "Oh I remember, he and Scarlet would watch this religiously" she giggles some more and puts it into the machine, before picking up her drink and sitting next to Gentle, with Chocolate and Milkshake happily snuggled with them. "And that's perfect, though, I don't know about you, I do kind of want to ring our kids to see how they are going"

@Etched Daydream

"A terrible best friend." Gentle laughed, shaking her head as she patted Devin's shoulder. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! You and I have known each other for a few years. There's no way that you'd ever forget about something as important as that. I mean, yeah. We tend to forget something if we think we have anything. Granted, this is when we have to go to the store or somewhere important. At least, that's what happens to Dynamo and I whenever he had to go to work, or if we went to the store. Also, I'm not sure how I would be able to help you get into your phone. I'd say that you'd be pretty much in trouble. I hate having to put a lock number on my phone." She giggles as Devin got out the Bluray player. "It was both that and that movie, Angels in the Outfield, that the two watched to no end. Well, at least I know Dynamo watched that other movie. Even though he's not that much into sports. I remember recording that movie for them on the Disney channel with the VHS tapes. I think I saw a time that Dynamo had petted Scarlet on the head, while Scarlet just nuzzled him like a kitten. It was so cute and I was kicking myself that I didn't get a picture. That was when I think he randomly called her his kitten and then she would randomly meow and nuzzle him. It was so cute!" Gentle managed to get up out of the cuddle pile, before making her way towards the couch. After taking a seat, Gentle smiled softly as Devin and the pets sat on the couch and cuddled closely together. "I think that's a great idea. It's been late and they said they'd call us when they made it. You have Snowshoe's number, right? I'd call them first to see if they know anything, or if the kids are there." She says, beginning to worry about the safety of Dynamo and Scarlet. 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin laughs "It's been more than just a few years sweetie" she would say, leaning on her gently "We knew each other since we were kids, it's one of the ways I knew our kids would always end up together" she says, gently petting Milkshake who had found her way onto Devin's lap. She smiles "and you're right, it was Aristocats and Angels in the Outfield, also yes I do have Snow's number, I'll call her now" she says, getting out her phone to dial her sister up.

@Etched Daydream

Gentle blinked a few times, before she smiled. "I almost forgot about that. You lived across the street, but sort of down the block. You had to go to a different school for a year or two, but then you came back and we reconnected. I'm so sorry that I forgot, Dev. I always thought you had to move away and then you came back as a new neighbor. No wonder we got along so well with each other. We always felt like we were sisters to each other. I guess that isn't the case now, but I'm just glad we've still stayed as close as we have." As Devin leaned next to Gentle, the periwinkle unicorn smiled softly as she wrapped an arm around Devin's shoulder. "It was always a sixth sense sort of thing when it involved relationships. You always said if one of our kids was a boy and one was a girl, then the two would be inseparable." She giggled as Milshake and Chocolate both took their respective seats near Gentle and Devin. While Chocolate sat next to Gentle, he still placed his head upon her lap. "I had a feeling as I think there was a dinosaurs TV series on the VHS tape. I think it was supposed to be a comedy as it was a family of dinosaurs, but I don't have the faintest idea. Okay and please do. I hope we can get some good news. Once we stop worrying, then we can enjoy the movie together." She says, nuzzling Devin's cheek as she waited patiently for her to dial Snowshoe. 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles as she listened to the dial tone until Snowshoe answered the phone "Snowshoe speaking" she says, when Devin giggles "Oh, I know it's you darling, I am your sister and I dialed your number after all" Devin giggles "Anyway, Gentle and I are wondering if our kids got there safe and how they are?" she asks.

Snowshoe giggles "Devin you silly bun" she giggles some more "and yes, Dynamo and Scarlet got here alright, they're in Scarlet's old room right now, would you like me to put them on?" she asks.

Devin smiles "Oh no, it's okay, we were just wondering if they got there, thanks Snowy, please say goodnight to them for us" 

Snowshoe smiles "Of course dear, goodnight dear sister" she says before hanging up

@Etched Daydream

As Devin dialed the phone and heard the dial tone, Gentle stayed quiet to make sure they could hear the phone being picked up. She smiled as she could hear Snowshoe on the other line of the phone. She didn't have much to say, but it was nice to hear an old voice once again. She breathed a sigh of relief as she heard that the kids got to the house okay and that they were safe. After Devin hung up the phone, Gentle smiled as she placed a hand over her heart. "I'm glad that the kids are safe, but I wish that they would have called us as soon as they get there." She frowned slightly, placing a hand over her heart. "I know that they are old enough to take care of themselves, but I just worry that I'll lose them again. I guess that's the job of a parent as I can't ever help, but worry that they grow up to be happy, as well as safe and sound adults." She says, using her free hand to take Devin's paw into her hand. "I'm glad I'm not alone in worrying as we'll always be together through this." She says with a soft, yet reassuring smile.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin nods and leans on her "I will always worry about our kids, dear" she says with a wiggle of her little tufty tail and a smile "and I suppose they may not have much time to call us yet, considering they were going there for Scarlet to hand in her retirement papers and to clear out her office" she says and then hears the doorbell "Hmm, our food must be here early" she says with a smile before she gets up to open the door and receive their order of food.

@Etched Daydream

"I'm really glad to hear that. I always could find strength from you whenever I felt troubled." She says, smiling as she wiggled her tail. "I guess I never really thought of that. Considering that the traffic to Manehattan is terrible at this time of hour. I'm just glad to know that the two of them were able to escape the worst part of traffic, before it got worse. I just hope they'll call us when they are on their way home tomorrow." She says, her ears perking at the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Talk about perfect timing. I was starting to get a little hungry." As Devin made her way towards the door, Gentle got up and moved over to the entertainment center. She opened the doors to the entertainment center and started searching through the DVD collection. It took a moment, but she managed to find the Aritstocats movie for them to watch. She smiled with a nod as she took the DVD out of the box and began setting the movie up for them to watch.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles, thanks the delivery pony and then brings the food into the living room "Exactly, the times I had managed to get up to Manehatten to visit my sisters and Scarlet, the traffic was pretty horrendous" she would say with a slight shudder, but then smiles a litlte "who better to watch a favorite than with a loved one and our beloved Milkshake and Chocolate..well there's Dynamo and Scarlet, but they're not here to enjoy it with us yet"

@Etched Daydream

As Gentle had finished setting up the DVD player, as well as the movie. The periwinkle unicorn turned to see Devin closing the front door with their dinner finally being delivered. "The movie is all set up and ready to go. Now we can enjoy a peaceful dinner together with a classic, yet wholesome movie. I remember how much you complained about traveling to Manehattan and back. You always had to go super early in the morning just to avoid any and all traffic. Afterwards, I never saw you get home until it was super late at night. Either that, or you spent the evening with your sister and daughter. I don't know how you were able to handle that for so long." She would say as she shook her head. "I've only ever been to Ponyville after moving out of Fillydelphia. With my classes and with everything that had been going on for some years. I never really had the chance to travel outside of town. So, I can't exactly say that I can relate to what you had gone through." She shrugged her shoulders, before nodding happily with a smile. "I couldn't think of a more better evening than that. At least I can spend it with someone special like you and the others, Dev." She winked with a smirk, before giving Dev a pout. "Oh, so that's what it is, huh? Making jokes on the kids when they aren't here to enjoy this lovely dinner? Sounds like someone isn't getting ice cream for dessert this evening." She looked away slightly, before looking back with a smile and sticking her tongue out playfully at the female rabbit. 

@Dynamo Pad

Devin giggles "You know how it is, besides I am sure that Scarlet and Dynamo are likely doing something similar" she says as she sips on her drink, petting their pets and giggles at her friend's playfulness. "Besides, when they do get back, we can have a family night" she says with a big smile and then as Gentle pressed play on the remote, Devin had already begun to eat her food, "Mmm, this is good" she says, leaning on Gentle some more.

@Etched Daydream

Gentle rolled her eyes and giggled. "I guess you're right, but what do you mean. Our kids are watching TV or playing video games together, while cuddles up and enjoying one another's company?" She asks, grabbing the food that she ordered alongside Gentle's order. "I think that would be pretty nice. It'll help make things less difficult whenever we wall go out for a double date. I can imagine there would be board games, ordering and/or making dinner, watching movies. It just sounds so lovely." As Gentle pressed play on the remote, she began eating her own dinner. "Mmm, you can say that again. How much did it come to, Dev? I know we didn't discuss this, but I was hoping I'd be able to pay you back for the dinner. At least go half with you on the order, you know?" She asks, leaning her head against Devin's head.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles and presses play on the movie remote while continuing to eat her food "Mmmm, I think it was roughly about 60 bits" she says, swallowing a bite "mmm" she says once more "This is perfect, you have no idea how long I've waited for this" she giggles