Silent

Nvidia vs. AMD

Nvidia vs AMD  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Nvidia
    • AMD

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/30/19 at 08:27 AM

Which would you prefer and why?

I don't know AMD like Nvidia. Sooooooooooo...Nvidia. 

34c5ff74e5df37f55806e2859147ae3fdf06e1a4

Badges

(edited)

What's wrong with my 6 year old Intel HD Graphics 4400 ?

pic.php.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2
  • Shocked 1

Badges

Whichever one has the better price for the build I’m currently working on, assuming I have specific specs in mind. AMD is usually cheaper, but my laptop has an Nvidia. Either way, I don’t really care. I honestly find brand loyalty a little silly.

Badges

Um, my last post was a joke. I'm not a gamer, and the Intel HD Graphics 4400 in my desktop does fine for my writing and movie watching.

LOL!

Badges

Wow, if you asked me 5 years ago, I'd say Nvidia all the way.

Now though... While Nvidia gets better performance, I can't say I agree with their latest business practices...

11 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Spoiler

pic.php.jpg

I am pretty sure mines aren't better in any way. I think I tried 2 or 3 different ones I got lying around, with different issues like PC not booting main HDD anymore or wrong interfaces for screens.

Badges

I don't necessarily have a preference. I just go with whatever is more cost efficient and leave it that. I have more experience with AMD than Nvidia, so I'll give it my vote.

Badges

Generally, I find AMD to be better for the price.

i went with nvidia for my pc build of the rtx 2060 once i get all my other parts togather we will see ^^

On 2/23/2019 at 6:58 AM, Key Sharkz said:

Wow, if you asked me 5 years ago, I'd say Nvidia all the way.

Now though... While Nvidia gets better performance, I can't say I agree with their latest business practices...

“Latest business practices”?  Wait, what have they been doing?

Just now, Thuja said:

“Latest business practices”?  Wait, what have they been doing?

A lot, such as they were forced to give refunds to users for lying about the specs of one of their cards, they have jacked the prices up despite negligible performance increases, trying to cheat benchmarks, And shipping cards with insanely high failure rates.

Whichever one gives me the least amount of trouble! I went with an AMD card in the PC I have right now and the game I bought the darn PC for couldn't even read the thing. Makes me think I should have gone with a comparable Nvidia. But I have no real preference between the two. It's like a car to me, I don't care about any details of a car aside from it working properly.

Badges

31 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

A lot, such as they were forced to give refunds to users for lying about the specs of one of their cards, they have jacked the prices up despite negligible performance increases, trying to cheat benchmarks, And shipping cards with insanely high failure rates.

Really??  Well that’s no good, might have to switch to amd for my next build!

4 hours ago, Envy said:

Whichever one gives me the least amount of trouble! I went with an AMD card in the PC I have right now and the game I bought the darn PC for couldn't even read the thing. Makes me think I should have gone with a comparable Nvidia. But I have no real preference between the two. It's like a car to me, I don't care about any details of a car aside from it working properly.

TBH that sounds more it is the fault of the game possibly and not the manufacturer. Albeit on-rethinking...it is hard to say which of the two failed here, as the problem could lie anywhere.

Badges

4 hours ago, Bas said:

TBH that sounds more it is the fault of the game possibly and not the manufacturer. Albeit on-rethinking...it is hard to say which of the two failed here, as the problem could lie anywhere.

Yeah, it was the game. AMD cards could have been read by the game, too, they just would have had to have been older. But the reason I think Nvidia would have been a better choice is because I know Nvidia has an FPS limiter built into the program that you can turn on. AMD had nothing of the sort, and I had to download a separate program to do it.

As I said, that's the only way I can really form an opinion over video card brands. To me, they just are. I don't know enough about them to make a really educated opinion, and to be honest, I don't care enough to know enough. lol

Badges

For GPUs, probably Nvidia.

For CPUs, I would still have to say AMD for many reasons.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

pic.php.jpg

I think I just went back in time by seeing that image. Whoa. :lostit:

Badges

1 hour ago, TwilySparky said:

I think I just went back in time by seeing that image. Whoa. :lostit:

My desktop is about six years old . It does everything I want, so it's all good!

Badges

I'd like to try AMD. I got the 1050 Ti I have now on the end of the Bitcoin mining craze, and since AMD cards were the more expensive of the bunch, I went with the lower tier.

(edited)

I don't believe I've used either one...:sealed:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

15 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I don't believe I've used either one...:sealed:

I mean, the only two graphics card companies out there are AMD, Nvidia, and Intel (which only do integrated graphics at this moment).

So if you have some kind of gaming computer, there is a good chance you've used one of them. :squee:

Anyways, I have no preference. I'm using a GTX 1060 in my computer right now and it has served me quite well.

Badges

2 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I mean, the only two graphics card companies out there are AMD, Nvidia, and Intel (which only do integrated graphics at this moment).

So if you have some kind of gaming computer, there is a good chance you've used one of them. :squee:

Oh, heh, right. :twismile: My knowledge of computers is...low, as you can tell. 

Badges

Just now, Lucky Bolt said:

Oh, heh, right. :twismile: My knowledge of computers is...low, as you can tell. 

That is quite right. That is what I'm here for. :mlp_smug:

Just kidding though. :)

Badges

I have used both at some point or another, but only one Nvidia to be fair, and I prefer AMD

Nvidia has better high end cards, but I think AMD is good for cheaper builds. I'm thinking of getting an RX 570 or maybe a 580 when I get the money to build a pc.

Badges