Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

more meme faces for emojis

Shiningstar3.5

I think you can get around that simply by inserting a picture in your post, so if you can find a pooodding emoji, just attach it where you want it.

• Brohoof 1

Since this is one of the top 10 requested faces, I've made one for you. dfEG13d.png

vZYwsp7.png

Now just do what was said above and voila! :D

2 hours ago, Rikifives Answer said:

@Rikifive your answer is no. 

vZYwsp7.png

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

This needs to be an emoji. It's the scariest thing on the net right now.

Hide contents

latest?cb=20150927131248

I have one made years ago and it looks absolutely awful. And that was by our best emoji creator. 

• 3 weeks later...

For the record there was this old paranoid Applejack face:

img-1540234-1-ph34r.png

I guess it was too edgy, but I find it useful and fun quite often.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:50 PM, Mirage said:

Why keep them contained in a circle? It's not 2001 anymore. latest?cb=20150927131248&key=795fefc4ce0987bb4e4c88dabba7f245112a2b97ad72efb149ee2c6b8caa8132

Because it’s 2019 and visual consistency is a modern UX element too. ;)

If we change them we need to change ALL of them. That also means that every emote already posted would instantly break since they can only be deleted and added and not swapped creating another modern UX faux pas. 

Then we come to a new quandary. I certainly don’t have the time or energy to undertake anything at the moment. So, it would be up to another Admin on staff. From here until July I’m not taking on any new projects. 

Jeric’s rule of leadership #543 - I don’t ask others to do anything I won’t. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know this engine, and you can certainly update the images mapped to a text string for emotes. You just can't do it from the AdminCP directly, but by updating the image file. (Many emoji's are currently broken and could be fixed by adding the images back to the server, the string isn't used after the post is rendered into html).

As far as consistency, that is a huuuuge concern and I understand it, however, I think if the emotes were anchored to the show's graphic style, it could work. Maybe put the ones that can't work within in a circle into their own category. I mean, live chat uses many different kinds of emotes and animated gifs. Granted, some are too outrageous for forum speak, but like I said, the show's graphic style might be enough for a satisfactory visual experience.

Edited by Mirage

On 4/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, Jeric said:

I have one made years ago and it looks absolutely awful. And that was by our best emoji creator. 

It's probably late to ask, but who was your emoji creator?

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, .Wolfe. said:

It's probably late to ask, but who was your emoji creator?

A guy who was named Obsidian Sky who wound up banned.