Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gusty the Great: Still alive?

CastletonSnob

Could Gusty the Great, the pony who defeated Grogar all those years ago, still be alive? I mean, Starswirl turned out to still be alive, so it's not impossible. Could she help defeat Grogar in the finale?

I somehow doubt it. She seems like a character that would of existed a millenium ago.

Unless Gusty was in a similar situation to the Pillars I doubt we'll be seeing her anytime soon. She's probably similar to other legends like Commander Hurricane and Clover the Clever in that they played an important part in Equestrian history, but unlike the Pillars they actually lived out their lives.

Though, during the flashback bit with Grogar's bell, I did notice a little detail with Gusty. Remember the mane? It was flowing similar to Luna, Celestia, and Mistmane! Maybe it's possible she has a similar life span to the alicorn sisters? Hard to tell, but it's an interesting detail to have.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't be surprised if she is. She looks very similar to the Pony of Shadows and other princesses, so its entirely possible she could be related to them and live a long life. We don't know the full story so anything is possible.

• 3 months later...

Yes, Gusty the Great and her team still alive in the IDW comic she be a cameo but she is not same as Gusty in the season 9 so in The season 9 she still alive along with her team but maybe Twilight with her team will try to find Gusty. Maybe Gusty is Starlight's descendant if Starswirl is Twilight's descendant because they life in the same era.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. Other than the flowing mane and the fact that she had the balls to face Grogar, she was a regular unicorn for all we know :huh:. It would be great to know how she looked like tho 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I don’t believe so. Grogar’s defeat occurred millennia ago, before Celestial and Luna were born. Tirek heard of his legend when he was just a kid, and he’s the oldest being outside of Discord.

• Brohoof 1