Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Fluttercord become canon?

Magicwand33

I'll be honest, I hate that ship and the thought of any Mane 6 ship getting canonized (though, I dislike Fluttercord and Sparity more than the others). So, I'm hoping they stay friends and only friends for the foreseeable future. 

What do you guys think? 

• Brohoof 3

take it easy, will not be canon. Big Jim already said that no mane six will not fall in love. They support the friendship between these characters by Lauren Faust.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sondash Studios said:

I wholeheartedly doubt they will add romance between the Mane 6 and other ponies because that would just make things a whole lot more complicated and unnecessary. 

Actually the romance only focuses with the other characters. which explains that with big mac and sugar belle, if it were with mane 6 lot people would feel bad and very annoying. 

Edited by Van123

Nah, I don't really think it will. Relationships between the Mane Six are eh...

• Brohoof 1

It would seem very unlikely, given how few episodes we have left, that they would throw in a curveball like that. I think Big Mac will be the only canon relationship on the show (although all of the young six now seem to have paired off so there is that...)

Agree. Any romance will be around Big Mac and Sugar Belle.  Probably will end with them married like Cadence and Shining Armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Something tells me, that Fluttercord and Sparity will be cannoned, just probably have to wait till the 2nd half (mostly towards the end) for it to happen in the series.  Jim Miller isn't going to come straight out and say anything spoiling , so he'll say what has too, to throw fans off the trail.

(edited)
22 hours ago, bwrosas said:

Something tells me, that Fluttercord and Sparity will be cannoned, just probably have to wait till the 2nd half (mostly towards the end) for it to happen in the series.  Jim Miller isn't going to come straight out and say anything spoiling , so he'll say what has too, to throw fans off the trail.

Sparity is the only ship that is canonized, not Fluttercord. In the description it said officially that is friendship. Big jim is a Supervising director on MLP, that nothing that changes. They support the friendship between these characters. 

Edited by Van123

Now that I think of it, they should probably canonize Trixie and Blueblood with some sort of accidental meeting kicking off the relationship. Think of something love/hate.  It'd be funny to see a "meet the parents" type episode of him trying to get the aunts' (Luna and Celestia) blessing of someone non-royal and snarky.

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, Van123 said:

Sparity is the only ship that is canonized, not Fluttercord. In the description it said officially that is friendship. Big jim is a Supervising director on MLP, that nothing that changes. They support the friendship between these characters. 

Uh So Isn't Rarity Part Of The Mane 6

Guys, how about we don't put spoilers in this thread? Thanks.

As for the question, I don't ship, as I prefer to remain neutral. If it were to happen, I wouldn't be upset, but I'd rather that it wouldn't, as it would seem slightly out of place and sudden.

22 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

It did not. We see Discord...

Reveal hidden contents

... teleport her to the castle and give her a bag lunch.

It’s great shipping FUEL, but it’s not a canon romantic relationship.

Spoiler

You make some good points and well I admit I do agree with your points. If anything with jut more so nods to the fanbase and not really confirm relationships. Though I understand why someone thought Fluttercord is canon. 

While I'm not big on shipping. I mean okay I have or two ships I like. Some I more so okay with. True to the sub-title is Friendship is Magic and not Love is Magic (Though it does haveit to start. it share of love stories with minor or reoccurring characters, but not the Mane 6).

33 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Guys, how about we don't put spoilers in this thread? Thanks.

As for the question, I don't ship, as I prefer to remain neutral. If it were to happen, I wouldn't be upset, but I'd rather that it wouldn't, as it would seem slightly out of place and sudden.

Sorry, I guess it just happens because some just decided to bring up something :sunny:.

Edited by Prince Doopliss
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Prince Doopliss said:

Sorry, I guess it just happens because some just decided to bring up something :sunny:.

It's alright. Just out of concern for some users, as the episode hasn't aired in the US yet. 

5 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

When is it?

I watched all the leaked ones so IDK

The finale and epilogue air on Saturday in the US, I think.

• Brohoof 1

My understanding was that the staff had confirmed they had a crush on each other - not that the relationship was likely to happen.

Sparity was a constant for eight seasons, after all - but unrequited.

I already tossed one person out until after the finale. That rule is still applicable. You want to discuss the finale then please do so in the proper forum. 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Say my name said:

I already tossed one person out until after the finale. That rule is still applicable. You want to discuss the finale then please do so in the proper forum. 

Yeah that was admittedly it was getting out of hand. I tried to stay out of for like day and then well I should've just stayed out of it. :blush: