Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Actual reaction:

*I read post, face remains blank for a moment as I process but my eyes widen when I realize it*

*Turn around, see Celestia making the Molestia face and beginning to walk towards me*

"Nononononononononoonononono!"

*Hold her back physically for a few moments*

*Celestia pauses... Realizes she could phase through my hands anyways... Begins to continue to walk towards me again.*

*I flip out, fall off my chair screaming with my eyes shut*

*Celestia leans in close, whispers "gotcha," licks my ear, and doubles over laughing*

*After grumbling some curses, I get up and write my post, hoping parents didn't hear*

Though no harm done though. It's a running joke between us, and even though it bugs me to no end, it's one of those things that friends do to each other, you know?

And that's not the worst Molestia joke she's done... There was this one time she used her magic to change her mane color to lavender and acted like Molestia from the Ask-Molestia tumblr after I told her I once had a nightmare about that character. Yeah, that was... rather horrifying... :unsure: I need to stop telling her these things...

AND DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT DREAM MINDROP! I'M WARNING YOU! :angry: :angry: :angry:

*Entire audience laughs hysterically*

Wait. Dream?

*Condescending Wonka*

What is this dream you speak of?

If you don't want to talk about it in public, you could send me a PM if you want.

By "very large", do you mean 10+? Because I find that very hard to believe - there's no way you can go around with 10 sentient beings accompanying you, mentally or not, and never mentioning it to anyone. :P

I suppose it could be some sort of split personality syndrome if you're being serious. Or maybe your mind is just pretty damn incredible.

"Five second tulpa", I'm telling you. It exists. My Rainbow Dash still exists, yet I'll admit I see it less frequently.

Am I the only one on this site with a human tulpa? *laughs*

I was going to make a pony one but mine just sort of...happened...XD

One woul expect members of a brony forum would produce pony tulpas. Tell us more about your human tulpa, fellow brony.

Well, I've been reading through a bunch of the guides and putting some major thought into it, and in the end I believe I am mentally prepared to make a tulpa. But before I even start tulpaforcing, I got some questions.

To start, I'm planning on making one that looks exactly like Fluttershy but has a modified personality. Basically, she'll be less shy and more open when talking, be exceptionally loyal and obedient, give frequent hugs, and have a wide sense of humor. She will be approximately 3' tall and still have her small voice. I know since I'm basing her off of a character she may deviate her personality to her own liking, so I'm planning on trying to program her with Fluttershy's original personality and hope she deviates to how I described the modified personality. If she does, then success. If she doesn't deviate at all, then more power to her as she'll be twice as adorable.

So is that a good idea? I'm also wondering if will I be able to go to school (8 hours) everyday and come back without having her "die"? If she for some reason she comes out with a gross or evil personality, could I "kill" her and make another tulpa safely? The most important question being is it possible to make her in 2D form just like the show, or does she have to be in 3D form?

(edited)

I think it is possible to have them in 2D form, but I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

And don't worry about your tulpa turning out evil, the only possible way for that to happen is if you have a really evil personality yourself. And even then, it's pretty unlikely.

As for school getting in the way, just narrate to her as you go about your day. Narrating means just simply talking to her about anything, tell her about your day, or what you're doing right now, how you're doing it, ect. Just talk to her about anything and everything. Try doing this as much as you can remember. I hear it's better if you talk out loud to them, but if you're around other people, talking to her in your head is fine too. But talk out loud when you can. But remember, you need to believe that you're actually talking to someone, not to yourself nor the air in front of you. You need to think she's actually there listening.

Good luck my friend. ;)

Edited by Crepuscule

Well, I've been reading through a bunch of the guides and putting some major thought into it, and in the end I believe I am mentally prepared to make a tulpa. But before I even start tulpaforcing, I got some questions.

To start, I'm planning on making one that looks exactly like Fluttershy but has a modified personality. Basically, she'll be less shy and more open when talking, be exceptionally loyal and obedient, give frequent hugs, and have a wide sense of humor. She will be approximately 3' tall and still have her small voice. I know since I'm basing her off of a character she may deviate her personality to her own liking, so I'm planning on trying to program her with Fluttershy's original personality and hope she deviates to how I described the modified personality. If she does, then success. If she doesn't deviate at all, then more power to her as she'll be twice as adorable.

So is that a good idea? I'm also wondering if will I be able to go to school (8 hours) everyday and come back without having her "die"? If she for some reason she comes out with a gross or evil personality, could I "kill" her and make another tulpa safely? The most important question being is it possible to make her in 2D form just like the show, or does she have to be in 3D form?

That's a pretty good plan.

Just to be safe, I would tell the tulpa her origins, what character she is based off of, and why she is different. It will help her choices in deviating from the original character better, and give her a better sense of independence.

There is no reason to keep her at home. You can easily bring her along to school. (You just don't talk audibly with the Tulpa, instead, you narrate with your mind) Have it follow you around, take in what you do as your life. And when it eventually talks, ask for it's input on certain things. Maybe even an answer to a question on a test that bothers you. It helps build that bond between a Tulpa and you that is important for it's construction.

And what I did for my Tulpa was a 2D appearance, but it still took up a three dimensional space. To be more specific, if you looked at my tulpa from a distance, you'd see a cartoon, but if she moved to the side, for example, the perspective would change, and if you felt her, you would feel a three dimensional form. You can try this.

Hope that helped.

• Brohoof 2

Still unsure if this is a good idea, since my tulpa was a God-like being with corrupted personality. Basically a psychopathic maniac trying to force me to do things that would only benefit me. O_o Only with access to my subconsciousness which gave him some pretty creepy powers such as mind reading (sensory leakage, I know, but still)

D

Wait, if I were to make a tulpa, would it follow me around everywhere, including school? Or will it choose to stay inside? Or both?

Depends, my tulpa could change shape, fly, teleport, split... But it was evil. :blush:

Still unsure if this is a good idea, since my tulpa was a God-like being with corrupted personality. Basically a psychopathic maniac trying to force me to do things that would only benefit me. O_o Only with access to my subconsciousness which gave him some pretty creepy powers such as mind reading (sensory leakage, I know, but still)

A tulpa becomes what you want it to be. If it was evil, you made it evil for some reason. (Or you gave it the wrong combination of personality traits that worked against you) Or maybe you were so vague in it's creation, it deviated to a point where it became unsatisfactory.

Wait, if I were to make a tulpa, would it follow me around everywhere, including school? Or will it choose to stay inside? Or both?

A Tulpa will appear at your side whenever you want it, be it school, work, at home, or anywhere else you are. And you can talk to it whenever you like, mentally or verbally. My Tulpa will usually stay in one room for a while because she's too lazy to get up and walk, but she'll come along if I'm leaving the house.

My Tulpa will usually stay in one room for a while because she's too lazy to get up and walk, but she'll come along if I'm leaving the house.

Ah, I see. Is your tulpa a pony (I'm assuming she is)? What does she look like? I'm not planning on making one but I want to find out as much about them as possible.

A tulpa becomes what you want it to be. If it was evil, you made it evil for some reason. (Or you gave it the wrong combination of personality traits that worked against you) Or maybe you were so vague in it's creation, it deviated to a point where it became unsatisfactory.

A Tulpa will appear at your side whenever you want it, be it school, work, at home, or anywhere else you are. And you can talk to it whenever you like, mentally or verbally. My Tulpa will usually stay in one room for a while because she's too lazy to get up and walk, but she'll come along if I'm leaving the house.

Thanks-I guess I just wanted something with great power which would have no week spots (no emotions) and which would want to help me no matter what. But I was creating a demon.

Mine is too! It was originally going to be Rainbow Dash, but right before starting making a human just felt right. Still plan on making my second or third tulpa a pony.

I think the better question is... is there anyone on this site with a male tulpa? :P

Uh, yeah, mine's male XD He was a hallucination from when I used to take pills so he just started to appear more frequently.

"Five second tulpa", I'm telling you. It exists. My Rainbow Dash still exists, yet I'll admit I see it less frequently.

One woul expect members of a brony forum would produce pony tulpas. Tell us more about your human tulpa, fellow brony.

His name's Damien (I named him that XD) He's kind of freaky looking and at first he was a total asshole but now we get along really well. :P
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, I see. Is your tulpa a pony (I'm assuming she is)? What does she look like? I'm not planning on making one but I want to find out as much about them as possible.

Mine is based off of Princess Celestia. But appearance is pretty much as far as it goes; her personality deviated far more than I expected, but I still think she's amazing.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I feel more confident about creating the Fluttershy tulpa now. Since there's plenty of hours for visualizing, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to visualize her in 2D form in a 360 view from eye-level, above, below, etc. I'll start tulpaforcing tonight for 2-3 hours and come back if anything happens. As for now, it's time to write down some traits.

Okay, I've read most of the information on tulpa.info, and I think I'm ready to make one myself. I feel somewhat nervous about it, seeing as I easily obsess over things without assigning them the right merit or priority--this means I tend to focus on the little, insignificant things a lot more than I should. Still, I think I could do this easily. When I was younger, I spent hours actually carrying on full, intellectual conversations with my inner self. I probably had a tulpa without a form for many years without knowing it, although he's long since been absorbed back into my subconscious.

Since the guide mentioned making them original so they can be free to develop their own identity, I'm not going to base them off any character. I'm picturing a blank slate right now, a pony mannequin from Rarity's dress shop! :D

My only fear is that the guides mentioned them actually appearing in your normal, physical vision. I work odd shifts and commute a good distance, so a great deal of my time is spent driving. Is there any chance of my tulpa playing with me by jumping out into the road while I'm driving?? I'd love an inner companion, but my little friend would have to behave herself while we were on the freeway--distractions are extremely dangerous while driving...

Is there any chance of my tulpa playing with me by jumping out into the road while I'm driving?? I'd love an inner companion, but my little friend would have to behave herself while we were on the freeway--distractions are extremely dangerous while driving...

You can get them to temporarily (or permanently) disappear at any time. My tulpa has a low tolerance for some things I do (i created her partially to stop me from being a terrible person) and when I honestly don't want to put up with it, I tell her to go outside or something. It keeps her entertained, so long as I call her back at some point. I'm never without my tulpa for more than 3 hours, we sleep, eat, and do almost everything together (nothing dirty, I know what you're all thinking...)

This sounds VERY interesting... I might give it a try.

Schools coming up so I'll have plenty of time for daydreaming! :P

But really, even the idea of being able to actually have a sentiment Rainbow Dash as a friend is just... Amazing...

To anyone here who has a canon pony tulpa:

Was it extremely hard to make? Or did it just take a lot of time and patience?

Edited by Derpy Dash

To anyone here who has a canon pony tulpa:

Was it extremely hard to make? Or did it just take a lot of time and patience?

It's not possible to have a complete canon pony Tulpa. It would cause identity issues which could cause harm to it.

Unless you were just talking about the appearance, in which case it would be fine as long as it has a different personality and allowed to deviate.

Thanks-I guess I just wanted something with great power which would have no week spots (no emotions) and which would want to help me no matter what. But I was creating a demon.

besides it helping you that sounds alot like a dalek...
  • Brohoof 1

So, whenever I don't want to speak or see my Rainbow Dash, I have it "disappear". But it seems more like she didn't exist in the first place, and then when I will her back, she kind of just stares at me and starts speaking again. It's so weird. Is this normal?

besides it helping you that sounds alot like a dalek...

Lol. :D It didn't want to exterminate me, tho. Just pretty much everypony else if he/she was getting in my way. :D

All of six mine are coming along pretty crappily. I barely can keep a steady visual on them, and it's more or less difficult to develop their personalities on the fly. Doesn't help I only have two hours a day with them.

I am not as good at this as I used to be.