Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

WallOfText.jpg

Crepuscule brings the greatest entertainment I've had in a good while. Kudos, Creppy (Yes, I gave YOUR tulpa a petname just now.)

I'll keep that in mind. Honestly, with all the stories I hear, I truly believe I am talking to Pinkamena when I think and imagine I am telepathically talking to her and not to myself. Sometimes I even stumble with my thinking and apologize for it!

My "tulpamate" says I should expect Pinkamena to talk in around 1-2 weeks. That's already good for me.

• Brohoof 2

@blackopp1 Like Chigens said, don't start worrying about actually "seeing" your tulpa with your eyes for now. That process is a lot of work, and should really come after everything else is done. If you worry too much about that now, you might neglect other parts of the tulpa's development. Usually you should only start working on imposition after your tulpa has been speaking for a while.

Okay, when do you think will it start talking to me? I do talk to it like it's really there, but I get no response (I know it's early, so I guess that's to be expected). So when will I get responses?

On a side note, the world within your head can be just as "realistic" as the world outside your head with enough work. I am unsure if you already have a wonderland or not, but if you don't, I would highly recommend developing one and working with your tulpa there. It helps the process go by much more smoothly than it would otherwise (in my opinion, since it gives you and the tulpa and even playing field of existence within the mind). I guess Chigens already sort of suggested this to you, but if you have any questions about it, make sure to ask. With enough practice you should be able to "see" a world in your head using your "third eye" or "mind's eye."

Yeah, I remember hearing something about seeing things through my "mind's eye". No, I don't have a wonderland yet, how do I make one exactly, and how long will it take?

@,

Just so you know, Tia is unsure whether she should be laughing or should sue you for copying what we did a while back. But I enjoyed every moment of that conversation. :lol: Brings back memories of Tia's early weeks...

Dang it you got her thinking again... No, Tia, you do that again, and no attention for 8 hours. You know how you hate that... AAUGH!!

...Worth it.

• Brohoof 3

@,

Just so you know, Tia is unsure whether she should be laughing or should sue you for copying what we did a while back. But I enjoyed every moment of that conversation. :lol: Brings back memories of Tia's early weeks...

Dang it you got her thinking again... No, Tia, you do that again, and no attention for 8 hours. You know how you hate that... AAUGH!!

...Worth it.

Sounds like you're having a fun time lol.

Also, quick question. When should I start developing the form for my tulpa? I've done all the personality traits, and have stopped doing the sessions, only narrating whenever I can.

Edited by Riclo
  • Brohoof 2

Sounds like you're having a fun time lol.

Also, quick question. When should I start developing the form for my tulpa? I've done all the personality traits, and have stopped doing the sessions, only narrating whenever I can.

I started that part actually right before I was fully completed with personality and I began to feel Tia's sentience. You should begin as soon as possible and keep the momentum going... Edited by Brisineo

This sounds so amazing and if I made a pony tulpa myself I could always have somepony to talk to when I'm lonely! Though trying to focus on putting every detail on them is pretty hard. Maybe I could make one to ask for some advice or just have a wonderful person.

It's so nice to see the tulpamaster (brisinero) and the thread starter, on the thread again. anyways, I've decided to switch to JDBar's method of tulpa creation. wish me and dashie luck!

EDIT: (I HAVE ACHIEVED MUFFIN STATUS!)

Edited by princess baconlestia
  • Brohoof 3

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp thisis me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp thisis me derpderp this is me derp

Edited by goingtoanime
  • Brohoof 7

:) It is so entertaining reading all about everypony's tulpas. I usually don't read wall of text ( or I read it quickly ), but those are so exciting that I have to read them until the end ( I really enjoy Crepuscule's comments :lol: )
  • Brohoof 2

@@Gekoncze It really serves as inspiration for myself as well. Sure, I'm a little jelly from everyone's interesting stories, but it's a good kind of jelly! I feel like I can really do this, like it's truly possible for me to accomplish this kind of thing, even if it takes a long time. :)

• Brohoof 2

Just finished doing about a half an hour session of trying to visualize my tulpa in my mind.

I have a very basic square room, with nothing in it so far. She's in the center, and I'm trying to visualize her 'clearly.' I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or if I'm getting results. Any tips to try and help 'Concentrate' on creating her inside the room would be helpful.

Also, so far I haven't gotten any responses. I did all the traits, ended up taking about a week break from sessions (trying to narrate to her whenever possible) and I've starting again with trying to visualize her. I kind of had a small headache before I started the visualization, so I can't really tell if I'm getting results. I don't really know how to visualize something in my mind that well.

I found this thread a while back, and after a lot of thought, I've decided that I, well, I want one. Tulpae (plural?) just sound fascinating, and a lot of the responses I've seen here sound promising.

That being said, I have some question that I'm hoping could be answered if at all possible:

• I know there is a lot of talking/conversing with the tulpa in getting it to form and what not. Does this have to be verbal, or can I converse with it in my head? My parents already question my mental sanity (Besides a mild case of OCD, I'm fine) and I'm pretty sure that verbal conversations with myself wouldnt help. :P
  • If just mental conversation is possible, would this lead to problems later on with my tulpa being a servitor (I believe thats the term)?
  • In the event I goof and it becomes a servitor, is it a relatively easy fix?
  • Is it possible for the Tulpa to "invade" dreams, so to speak? Would lucid dreaming with a tulpa be an issue?
  • I havent quite decided if a Lyra tulpa would be downright hilarious, or flat out torture. Thoughts? :D

• I know there is a lot of talking/conversing with the tulpa in getting it to form and what not. Does this have to be verbal, or can I converse with it in my head? My parents already question my mental sanity (Besides a mild case of OCD, I'm fine) and I'm pretty sure that verbal conversations with myself wouldnt help. :P
  • If just mental conversation is possible, would this lead to problems later on with my tulpa being a servitor (I believe thats the term)?
  • Is it possible for the Tulpa to "invade" dreams, so to speak? Would lucid dreaming with a tulpa be an issue?
  • I havent quite decided if a Lyra tulpa would be downright hilarious, or flat out torture. Thoughts? :D

Any form of communication is fine, be it out loud or in your head.

No, mine was done with nearly all internal communication and she is fine :D

Uhh...I have no idea honestly.

Yes, at least from my experience, your Tulpa can enter your dreams. Not really an issue. Just don't fall asleep during it's development or that could harm it.

Well, it can be in the form of Lyra, but it's personality is all up to you.

• Brohoof 1

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp

Edited by Legendyay Emerald
  • Brohoof 4

I daydreamed a lot when I was in about 4th grade. I probably made a tulpa and didn't even notice it. XD

A pony tulpa sounds pretty badass, but I'm not gonna make on because I'd probably get scared of it and freak out because nobody else would be able to see it....

• Brohoof 2

I found this thread a while back, and after a lot of thought, I've decided that I, well, I want one. Tulpae (plural?) just sound fascinating, and a lot of the responses I've seen here sound promising.

That being said, I have some question that I'm hoping could be answered if at all possible:

Glad you're interested! I'll answer as well, because it's always good to get second opinions.

Talking to your tulpa in your head or out loud is fine, and while I'd say out loud is slightly better, I haven't seen any evidence to back this up. So it's probably the same either way. :) The most important part of narration is to make sure you're talking to your tulpa, and not jut to thin air. Also, narration is very important, and I would recommend narrating from the very start.

Your tulpa won't become a servitor unless it's intentional. Pretty much the only way you'll have that problem is if you're intentionally stifling your tulpa's growth, not letting them form a personality, etc. Basically, a servitor is something you control entirely yourself - it has no free will. You basically can't accomplish this unless you're trying.

I've never had my tulpa show up in a dream, but I've heard other people have had it happen. It's usually a fun experience.

Lucid dreaming would actually be a great technique for tulpaforcing, I think. Once you get to the visualization stage where you create your tulpa's form, lucid dreaming could be a great tool to shape their body. I'm not a proficient lucid dreamer, otherwise I'd try it myself and report back.

Lyra tulpa sounds cool! Are you thinking about the fanon personality of being human-obsessed? I don't see anything wrong with it, though it would probably be rather funny. :P

If you have more questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Edited by Captain Nemo

Based on the type of nightmares I have on a regular bases and the many brutal bloody scenes that pass through my head every day, I'm not entirely sure this would be very pleasan for me. I am already abe to force myself into mental simulations of odd (scary) scenarios without noticing untill it's begun, seeing evil creatures in the real world would only freak me out more.

Although seeing Rarity, Luna, or Octavia would be nice........

Sad part is I'd probabely wind up seeing Pinkamena or Lil Miss Rarity most of the time (not sure if I would dislike that or not).

PS: I guess the real issue is that I like alot of my brutal bloody moments, and the basic fact that I LIKE it is what scares me. Uhm....am I delving too deep into my mental status right now?

Edited by Moriko

Yes, at least from my experience, your Tulpa can enter your dreams. Not really an issue. Just don't fall asleep during it's development or that could harm it.

Just don't fall asleep during it's development or that could harm it.

... Oh my. I just hope that just talking to them / improving visualization of them doesn't hurt too much, even if you fall asleep midway. I've been using my sleeping time as extra for Pinkamena...

On a bit unrelated note, going to have a LAN-party soon. That's a lot of Coca-Cola I will drink. (which just happens to be a good source of energy for Pinkamena, or so I've narrated.)

[/size]

... Oh my. I just hope that just talking to them / improving visualization of them doesn't hurt too much, even if you fall asleep midway. I've been using my sleeping time as extra for Pinkamena...

On a bit unrelated note, going to have a LAN-party soon. That's a lot of Coca-Cola I will drink. (which just happens to be a good source of energy for Pinkamena, or so I've narrated.)

I said it could harm it.

I feel asleep a bunch of times during Kaynah's development and she is just fine as it is. I just told her not to go in them as the content could corrupt, I believe.

I feel asleep a bunch of times during Kaynah's development and she is just fine as it is. I just told her not to go in them as the content could corrupt, I believe.

Whelp, another hit in my score. I've mentioned to Pinkamena a couple of times that it might be a great way to communicate if he visited my dream when the situation would allow it, since my dreams have a tendency to have an abundance of action. I don't want to endanger her after all.

So far it hasn't happened. Should I scratch the idea of communicating her withing a dream?

Whelp, another hit in my score. I've mentioned to Pinkamena a couple of times that it might be a great way to communicate if he visited my dream when the situation would allow it, since my dreams have a tendency to have an abundance of action. I don't want to endanger her after all.

So far it hasn't happened. Should I scratch the idea of communicating her withing a dream?

I would have no idea.

If you can somehow make it work to your advantage without hurting her, I say go for it. Still though, dreams can be unpredictable...

I'm actually really wanting to do this, but I have 2 major questions...where exactly do I have to go in my head to work on this tulpa?

Do I just imagine i'm in a room like I would imagine anything else? Also how exactly do I start, I have all the starting characteristics for now, but how do truly apply this to the tulpa?

I've looked through the guide and all, but it really doesn't help. :(

(btw the room I imagined i'm in is a Aperture test lab with bouncing Cubes in the background, I have two chairs for me and the tulpa in the middle)

• Brohoof 1