Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Denise Nickerson taken off life support

Luigi

Earlier today Denise Nickerson was taken off of life support. The news was confirmed by her family as she was suffering a stroke.

Nickerson was an actress in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at the Age of 13, where she played the role of Violet Beauregarde, a young girl from Miles City, Montana who has a rather odd habit of chewing gum all day long without starting a new piece. Finding the third of five golden tickets found in the wrapping paper of five Wonka chocolate bars, Violet visits the factory but disobeys Mr. Wonka when she tries the gum he is making, which is a work in progress. Let’s see what she will get

Oof. Even today I can’t believe how painful this looks. The Special Effects crew did say that it was a fitted ball that Nickerson was placed in, so thank gawd for that. Nickerson was taken off Life Support at 62 years of age and has been battling a stroke.

• Brohoof 2

I saw this earlier, and as selfish as it sounds, it always freaks me out when people in their early 60s die (or look like their going to), as my parents are around this age. Nickerson looks alarmingly like my aunt did at this age, and it just reminds me that my parents are mortal, which not only makes me really sad, but scares me.

I'm confused. Did she pass away? It only says she was taken off life support and not that she passed away.

34 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I'm confused. Did she pass away? It only says she was taken off life support and not that she passed away.

It’s looking like she is eventually gonna die. Her condition never got better, and some sites already marked her as dead

I've been trying to figure out who Denise Nickerson is until I saw the image in the opening post. Had it not been for that, I would never have figured out that she was Violet unless I had chosen to look her up on Wikipedia out of curiosity.