Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Transgender Support and Discussion Topic

Dsanders

I'd like to shave my entire body but I'm scared of cuts

After seeing some guy bleed a pool after slicing behind his kneecap I became more careful

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I believe that every single person who wishes to express themself is beautiful. <3 Everyone here is beautiful!  :pinkie: Comparing yourself to people who aren't you and your beautiful self isn't the way to go, in my opinion. If you want to shave, shave for yourself, not for the sake of others.  :) Those are just my words, at least. It can be difficult, even still... but the best thing to do when transitioning is to learn to love yourself. I bet it also has an effect on how often you accidentally make cuts, because emotions directly affect how much attention you put to do one thing or another. If you hate yourself, then likely when you shave you are putting more pressure against the skin. If you are calm and at peace, though, then everything works out perfectly.  :wub: Also, there isn't too much need to worry if you plan to transition with hormones in the future.

I don't know if what I say may help for whoever, but what I say is the bright side of the situation. Part of transitioning, in my opinion, should be that you try to envision who you wish to be as much as you possibly can. It doesn't help to keep yourself in the dumps thinking about where you are at the moment, because it can make the transition very exhausting. Think about what you are improving on and who you are inside, no matter what the physical world may say. ^^ If you find yourself inside, then nothing can stop you from bringing it out to show the world!  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

First, I am really happy with my biological sex. But, as a LGBT-member and a person who knows transgender or transexual persons (a friend of me is transgender and a other person I met was formerly a man and is now a woman and really happy about it), I definitely support transgender rights. Every person shall the right to life in the body he wants in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

There should be no problems with people going to the bathroom they feel comfortable going to. Why is there a segregation of bathrooms anyway? What is this the period of black inequality? It's sexist to segregate men and women like that. Having to build two bathrooms is expensive and if there is two bathrooms we should be able to use any of them since the stalls can be occupied. The women bathroom has more stalls ttht is sexist.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep trying to come out to my parents, but I stop just before they know. A few different approaches (text, letter, various locations), and nothing seems to push me to do it. I guess I'm posting this because once I ask for help with a problem, it usually resolves itself.

So ... I suppose does anypony have related advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I keep trying to come out to my parents, but I stop just before they know. A few different approaches (text, letter, various locations), and nothing seems to push me to do it. I guess I'm posting this because once I ask for help with a problem, it usually resolves itself.

So ... I suppose does anypony have related advice?

Have you come out yet?  If not...

I came out to my mum over facebook while she was away on a trip.  I was too nervous to talk to her about it to her face, I'm sure if I had come out to her face, there would have been yelling.  The reason I came out to her was because I wanted to secure a ride to Toronto so I can meet the people that are needed to okay my transition(still haven't heard from them).  While there is a medical transport system here, they don't go out as far a Toronto.  

That's just my experience on it though, it would really have to depend on how your parents view such things.  Do you know for a fact that you would be in a safe situation if you were to tell your parents?  Would you have friends or more open relatives that live close by that would take you in if things were to go sour?  Try to test the waters a bit, see what their opinions are of LGBT related things are, it might be difficult to drag into a conversation with them but maybe make a story up about a friend that wants to come out to their parents and you want to give them(the fictional friend) a way to talk with their parents about coming out.  If your situation might not be as good as you were hoping it would be, try to keep your important documents in one place where you can easily get them should you be kicked out(also, have a bag of clothes ready in your room or by the door though I hope your situation isn't that bad).  

If you're in a situation that might not be best to come out, consider coming out when you're older or when you're more financially independent.  I might be making mountains out of mole-hills but I do want you to be prepared for anything.  Coming out as trans is a different experience for everyone, what I still go through might be something that you never go through.  I do hope that you have an easy time with coming out, sometimes you need to kick yourself in the pants to just get this type of thing out of the way so you can focus more on other things.  You'll know when it's time to come out to them, I know you might want to get things moving(especially if you want to start dressing more feminine or start HRT asap) these things can take time and your parents may need some time to mull things over once you've come out to them.  All I can really say beyond that is good luck with your parents.  We're here, should you need us.  

• Brohoof 4

I'm not transgender but I'm here just to say that I support you guys! Always be brave enough to be yourself! :)

• Brohoof 4

• 5 months later...

Huh. Was not expecting to find a thread like this. Well, I'm a transwoman. I like to think I'm a girly girl, but I also have a few stereotypically "masculine" interests. Specifically, video games and such. I guess I'm more of a gamer girl? Meh, whatevs. Other than that, though, I try to be as girly as my stepdad will let me get away with (he isn't directly abusive or anything, but he seems convinced that this is just some phase I'll grow out of, despite years of evidence to the contrary). Once I finish college and I'm out on my own, I plan to move in with my boyfriend (who is VERY supportive about everything) and start transitioning as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime, I mostly only go out in public when I need to go to class, because it's hella depressing to have to constantly remind people to use female pronouns (sometimes repeatedly in the same conversation).

I don't usually talk about being trans when I'm online, since I don't want people to think differently of me just because I happen to have been born with... well, you know. I'd rather people just think of me as "one of the girls", so to speak.

• Brohoof 4

I feel strongly that I am female. A day hasn't past in the last 4 years, when I accepted that I was transgender, without thinking about it. I have been practicing changing my voice for about two years now. I think I have made some progression. I believe I have matched the way a woman moves and talks. I even think that I have feminine features already without starting any hormones. Although I have been doing all of this in secret for the past 4 years. I haven't told any of my friends or my family members and I think it may be time. Although I have anxiety even when generally talking about with my mom let alone about myself being transgender. She's very closed minded and tends to think her opinions overrule everything. My father doesn't know what most things are and he expects me to be as manly as possible. Even telling me toughen up by joining the army multiple times. So in his eyes I am suppose to be his strong, manly son. I feel like if I came out to him it would crush him and cause him depression about me. I am fully aware what coming out can cause, but I feel like it might be time to. I am just trying to say coming out might be difficult for me in real life. I know everyone says people who are younger don't know what they want, but age doesn't matter about how you feel and it isn't like they know what you want. Only you can know what you want for yourself. 

This is my coming out on the forums. I felt like it would help me build some confidence to talk to my mom. Besides I was also looking for some users who are MTF to talk to. I just wanted to chat and get some help about transition and if there is anything I can do better than what I am already doing.

• Brohoof 6

I will never think less of people if they are transgender, it doesn't change who you are. IF you really feel more at home as the other gender then go for it I will stand right besides you if you need it :).

• Brohoof 2

I feel strongly that I am female. A day hasn't past in the last 4 years, when I accepted that I was transgender, without thinking about it. I have been practicing changing my voice for about two years now. I think I have made some progression. I believe I have matched the way a woman moves and talks. I even think that I have feminine features already without starting any hormones. Although I have been doing all of this in secret for the past 4 years. I haven't told any of my friends or my family members and I think it may be time. Although I have anxiety even when generally talking about with my mom let alone about myself being transgender. She's very closed minded and tends to think her opinions overrule everything. My father doesn't know what most things are and he expects me to be as manly as possible. Even telling me toughen up by joining the army multiple times. So in his eyes I am suppose to be his strong, manly son. I feel like if I came out to him it would crush him and cause him depression about me. I am fully aware what coming out can cause, but I feel like it might be time to. I am just trying to say coming out might be difficult for me in real life. I know everyone says people who are younger don't know what they want, but age doesn't matter about how you feel and it isn't like they know what you want. Only you can know what you want for yourself. 

This is my coming out on the forums. I felt like it would help me build some confidence to talk to my mom. Besides I was also looking for some users who are MTF to talk to. I just wanted to chat and get some help about transition and if there is anything I can do better than what I am already doing.

i feel this

i remember crossdressing in my sister's clothing when i was real little, because i felt more comfortable with myself when i dressed and acted like a girl

i had no clue what it meant to be transgender until i was 14, and when i found out i was amazed at the idea that i COULD be a girl and scared because i knew my parents would throw me out if i told them

still to this day i haven't told them and i've heard them say pretty hurtful things toward transgender people over the years, so i think it's better that it stays that way

i just hope i can escape them soon enough so i can start hrt asap

• Brohoof 3

I have felt this way for almost 8 years, but it hasn't been until the recent years when I sat down and started to think well about how I truly felt, and things started to take a turn.

See, for many years, I already didn't felt as a male, but I was never able to put my finger on what was wrong when it came to that, and it just felt.. empty. I knew I wasn't behaving completely like someone of my gender, I knew that things felt empty, but I didn't knew what happened exactly.

Maybe it was me?

Maybe it was something beyond my control? 

Thing is that it wasn't until my 18th birthday when I found out what made me feel like that. In the textual words of a dear friend,"If you don't feel well on this side, why don't you look at the other?". It's silly how in all of the time I doubted so much, I never thought on something like that, and being out of options, I tried to act as a female. I asked people to refer to me as a female, I behaved like a female, hell, I even "borrowed" a couple of clothes from someone and used them for a few days.

After a while, I stopped just to compare things and see how I felt, and, needless to say, it was something I wasn't expecting. I loved being like that, I loved acting like that, I loved seeing how everyone was referring to me as a 'she' rather than a 'he', I loved trying those clothes, basically, I loved everything I did during that period, and for the first time in many years, I felt in harmony, something that has rarely happened to me to begin with. I felt... happy with myself.

Around a year has passed since I tried that, and now I am somewhat free to chase that road. My parents maybe won't understand well what do I mean with this, but it is bound to happen, but this is the way I've chosen. For years I disliked being male, but now, for the first time, I feel sure of what I am doing, I feel hopeful for the future, I feel... safe. Maybe some may oppose my decision, probably my family won't react well, but I am sure of this. This is who I truly am, and this what I will follow, and I will sure give a good war. 

• Brohoof 8

I have felt this way for almost 8 years, but it hasn't been until the recent years when I sat down and started to think well about how I truly felt, and things started to take a turn.

See, for many years, I already didn't felt as a male, but I was never able to put my finger on what was wrong when it came to that, and it just felt.. empty. I knew I wasn't behaving completely like someone of my gender, I knew that things felt empty, but I didn't knew what happened exactly.

Maybe it was me?

Maybe it was something beyond my control? 

Thing is that it wasn't until my 18th birthday when I found out what made me feel like that. In the textual words of a dear friend,"If you don't feel well on this side, why don't you look at the other?". It's silly how in all of the time I doubted so much, I never thought on something like that, and being out of options, I tried to act as a female. I asked people to refer to me as a female, I behaved like a female, hell, I even "borrowed" a couple of clothes from someone and used them for a few days.

After a while, I stopped just to compare things and see how I felt, and, needless to say, it was something I wasn't expecting. I loved being like that, I loved acting like that, I loved seeing how everyone was referring to me as a 'she' rather than a 'he', I loved trying those clothes, basically, I loved everything I did during that period, and for the first time in many years, I felt in harmony, something that has rarely happened to me to begin with. I felt... happy with myself.

Around a year has passed since I tried that, and now I am somewhat free to chase that road. My parents maybe won't understand well what do I mean with this, but it is bound to happen, but this is the way I've chosen. For years I disliked being male, but now, for the first time, I feel sure of what I am doing, I feel hopeful for the future, I feel... safe. Maybe some may oppose my decision, probably my family won't react well, but I am sure of this. This is who I truly am, and this what I will follow, and I will sure give a good war. 

I know how you feel. I don't really have the option to wear female clothes, which makes it hard to get people to refer to me as "she". It stings every time somebody uses a wrong pronoun. I could go on, but really, I'd be preaching to the choir on that one. More to the point, the time I spend on the internet, talking to people who can't hear my voice or see my face, is the only time I can truly be happy. Someday, once I've moved away from my parents and started transitioning, I hope that won't be the case anymore, but in the meantime, the internet is my only real home.

I love you guys ;_;

• Brohoof 1

Something that helps is to remember that a day comes when things get better. <3 Just in general for everyone, here, who may feel stuck. Finding oneself is a beautiful thing, but sometimes the process can be difficult. Personally, I am stuck in limbo. >< I am lucky enough to have the family support, but not lucky enough to be in a non-conservative state. Likely chances are, it may be a bumpy road...

However, if we can push through these obstacles, then in the end, we will be stronger than ever before. By "strength," I mean not of the physical kind, but that in which we can continue and never give up; along with it, we are able to follow our dreams and life-calling. Our responsibility is to continue pushing through, no matter the struggle. After all, what makes a story is the conflict that the main character faces. If you think of it that way, then you will have more mindfulness in your decisions and with what you do. Additionally, everything will get better, step by conscious step. ^~^

This thread popped up a month after I left the site for work reasons. COINCIDENCE?

Name's Jackie, 27, transwoman, two kids, married (for how much longer, I don't know), pre-EVERYTHING, don't know if I'll ever have the chance to transition, so on..

Anyway, hi.

• 2 months later...

Use whatever bathrooms you like, I honestly will not kick a fuss.