Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you like having your picture taken?

Dreambiscuit

Do you like to have your picture taken? Do you like posing for photographs or do you find it awkward, annoying or embarrassing? Are you inclined to bask in the attention or do you prefer to hide behind someone else when the flashbulbs start going off?

As a bonus question, do you like seeing yourself in pictures (stills or video)? Are you photogenic or do you always seem to be the one with a crooked smile on your face that makes you look like a ventriloquist’s dummy? What are your thoughts on this desperately important subject? The world needs to know!

• Brohoof 3

I don't really consider myself photogenic. It can take a while to get an accurate picture of myself that I'm happy with.

Also to kick the whole mirror versus camera thing in the happy sack for those that are worried about what they look like in photos. The mirror is a more honest image of what you look like. The only difference is that the image is flipped and that can easily be remedied with the use of what is known as a true mirror. The mirror is a live image of you in constant motion and is seen with two HUMAN eyes and the dimensions of your face and surroundings aren't warped if the mirror is clean. Unlike with cameras that use a single eye and generate a flat image of yourself in a split moment that is at the mercy of the envrionment and camera settings. Also skill of the photographer.

Cameras need  to be set up properly in regards to things like lighting and distance and need the right lens setup for the right type of shot. I know I have to mess around with adjusting my camera a lot before taking a shot. Mostly for art reference material. Haven't really messed around with camera phones to comment on them though. So any comment I make is in relation to the more traditonal camera.

But yeah. Worried that the blotchy skinned, red eyed monster with the long, distorted face in the picture taken by your drunken friend is you? High chances are that you don't look like that because a ton of environmental factors have distorted the shot.

Anyway. My nerd vomit aside.

I really do struggle with having my picture taken. :P

• Brohoof 1

No, there are few things I hate more than that. :please: Whenever I see someone taking a picture, I try my best not to appear in it – this has even become a joke in my family. Most of the photos that have been taken of me are completely awful – if it's a candid photo, I'm in the middle of talking or doing something else that looks silly, and if it's something I'm posing for, I have an unnatural expression if I try to smile, otherwise I look like a funeral guest or a criminal having their mugshot taken. :ButtercupLaugh: As a result, there are probably about five photos of me as an adult.

• Brohoof 4

If I'm not the subject I don't like to be in the picture. Sometimes we take a picture of an animal at work because of how poor condition it's in or how much progress it's made in recovery, and I'll try to step back.

Also I don't put much effort into my appearance, especially for work because I never know what's going to get thrown my way in terms of stress or mess.

Aside from that, I'll happily be photographed!

• Brohoof 1

I love having my photo taken. Makes me feel like I'm some sort of fashion model wearing whatever brand clothes I'm wearing. 

I also became a pro at photobombing other people's photos. :winking-izzy:

I don't look good in pictures. They tend to accentuate features of myself that aren't so beautiful. I believe I look better in the mirror than I do in a photo. It's really sad.

I will take a photo with someone or so if they really want me to, but they always turn out horrible. lol

Honestly I don’t care much of them but my mom use to do photography and scrapbooking so she took pictures of everything including me and my sister. I didn’t care much really but I do remember my sister crying because mom wanted to take her picture in front of some flowers.:laugh:

I don't mind it, but I always feel a bit awkward when getting my photo taken. I've never really considered myself photogenic though. Heck, all my ID photos look like mug shots. :laugh:

I used to hate having my picture taken, but these days I don't mind so much. I'm still not very big on taking selfies, but that's not so much about feeling self-conscious as it is about feeling overly vain. If someone else takes the picture and I'm in it though, then that's okay :D

• 5 months later...

I don't really like having my picture taken, I always find it kind of uncomfortable and if I can avoid it either by disappearing out of shot or trying to hide in the background of the shot to avoid being as noticeable I will.

As a rule I don’t enjoy seeing myself in pictures or videos. I don’t make a point of being in front of camera unless there’s a good reason for it. It’s surprising just how often I actually have been in front of cameras. I find it’s much more bearable if I never actually see the photographic result. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1