Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food how do you like your hot dogs?

KrazyDashie

Off the grill or a rotisserie. I love solid grill marks on my dog... Chili, cheese and onions to top it off. I don't mind ketchup and mustard as well, but they are not essential.

The worst way is boiled on a stove.. yuck.

Plain beef dogs cooked on the grill.

I've never heard of turkey hot dogs but I would definitely try them. Maybe they'd be better, because I'm generally not a fan of beef.

• 2 weeks later...

depends what you mean by "hotdog" 

if you mean the frankfurter i like Chilidogs 

here in Australia we have something different we have a "Sausage Sizzle" there's a borderline religion based around them any way that's usually a proper beef sausage wrapped in bread and fried union with dead horse or mustard 

There is a brand of hot dog I like called snappy grillers.  These hot dogs lack the dye that makes them red so they appear white.  Grill them and put them on a bun, no need for ketchup (which doesn't belong on hot dogs anyway) or anything like that, and eat the straight up  They are delicious.  

Ketchup(or BBQ if I can), my dad's special mayo(mayo mixed with with a bit of water, lime juice and a bit of sugar. Tastes better than it sounds), onion, tomato, bacon, cheese, and relish

Edited by Reinbow Dash

Once I had a Chicago-style hot dog, which was strangely complicated, and I really liked that. Not something you can get regularly over here in the Pacific Northwest though. What they do have is weird, and I haven't quite come to terms with it: a spicy sausage (called a hot link) with cream cheese. It works, I guess, but there's just something offputting about it.

• Brohoof 1

Once I had a Chicago-style hot dog, which was strangely complicated, and I really liked that. Not something you can get regularly over here in the Pacific Northwest though. What they do have is weird, and I haven't quite come to terms with it: a spicy sausage (called a hot link) with cream cheese. It works, I guess, but there's just something offputting about it.

It's complicated, true, but ohhhh so worth it. A lot of people think that the dill pickle is redundant because of the presence of pickle relish, but the sweetness of the relish counteracts the tartness of the pickle. ;)  

• 1 year later...