How do you like your steak?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. How do you like your steak?

• Rare
    • Medium rare
    • Medium
    • Medium well
    • Well done

Medium, not too chewy, but not too tough either. Plus a lot of the juices are still in a medium steak. Medium rare is also really good :D

• Brohoof 1

Heretics indeed.

I understand having it well done when you're young but seriously? The problem with a well done steak is it completely takes away the unique quality whatever cut you were having has. Some are tough, some are tender, some tear easilly into strips, some are juicier, and some melt in your mouth. It's all the same cooked slab when it's well done. If you do it for the char, then you just need a an extra hot grill with open flames.

Not that I go for it, but there's also the blue rare option for those who really want it raw and just have the outside singed.

I like my steak medium rare. Keeps the meat juicy and I can make the most of it.

• Brohoof 2

I actually don't like steak no matter how it's cooked, but on the occasion I don't have a choice, I get well done. I hate eating raw meat. It's revolting :eww: just thinking about that makes me feel queasy, and well done steak feels like rubber and tastes like nothing, so I generally just avoid it altogether and go for ribs whenever I'm at a steak house since those are actually good.

6 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Heretics indeed.

I understand having it well done when you're young but seriously? The problem with a well done steak is it completely takes away the unique quality whatever cut you were having has. Some are tough, some are tender, some tear easilly into strips, some are juicier, and some melt in your mouth. It's all the same cooked slab when it's well done. If you do it for the char, then you just need a an extra hot grill with open flames.

Not that I go for it, but there's also the blue rare option for those who really want it raw and just have the outside singed.

I like my steak medium rare. Keeps the meat juicy and I can make the most of it.

To me it's just raw. Raw meat makes me gag.

58 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

To me it's just raw. Raw meat makes me gag.

It's not though. If it were you'd be tasting blood. That red you see is myoglobin which is just a part of the muscle tissue, and it's a sign that your cut is fresh and healthy. Thick slices of roast beef looks far worse for wear since it's cooked as a whole, retaining more muscle structure, and not exposed to direct heat, so less of a color shift. Even the well done stuff looks raw sometimes.

If you're going to order steak well done, It'd be better to not waste the cut and opt for something cooked differently, or go for ground beef or tips. The only exception is skirt steak because it's so thin to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

Time to ask ten people to politely yet firmly leave!

(If you get that reference I love you!)

Also I prefer mine rare to medium rare. Well done you might as well be eating shoe leather.

• Brohoof 5

On 2/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, SharpWit said:

Heretics indeed.

This completely! My dad liked his steak well done and I don't get how he likes eating shoe leather! 

• Brohoof 2