Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need some help on making a difficult MLP quiz. AKA Here's a MLP Quiz.

Draldeld

(edited)

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this so feel free to move this, mods.

Anyways, so recently I have gotten 2 girls to become fans of the show. They made this "quiz" to see if people were bronies, and I decided to take it. With several questions, I knew what the exact answer was but I decided to leave curt, short answers. I ended up getting a C-. which I was fine with considering my lazyness. The problem is, they decided to be jerks about it, writing some explicit notes on the test and calling themselves real bronies while I was a fake one. They also boasted and rubbed their rudeness in after they graded it.

SO

I have decided to make a quiz that will show them up. I know that I am supposed to love and tolerate but these girls are losers. So I need some hard questions from the show.....this is what I have so far. These aren't THAT hard, but I know them and they have not even began to be a part of the fandom. They don't even know about these forums or EqD.

1. Who is Lyra and how is she different from other ponies? ________________________________________

2. What is Lyra's last name? __________________

3. What color hair did rarity once have?_____________________

4. What is Trixie's last name? ____________________

5. Who is Octavia?________________________________

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl?______________________

7. What does BBBFF stand for?_______________ ___________ _________ __________ ___________

8. What is the secret meaning behind the BBBFF song?_________________________________________________________________________

9. Where do rainbows come from?_________________________________________________

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark?_______________

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition?__________

12. What popular dance move can spike do?_______________ _____________

13. Who is Winona? ____________________

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? __________________

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book?___________________________________________________________________

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. ____________________________________________________________________________

17. Where is it speculated that changelings come from? ______________________________________________________________________________

18. Explain Discord's speculated past and why he acts the way he does. _______________________________________________________________________________________

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? ________________________________________

20. When ponies applaud, they __________. When Twilight applauds, she _________.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? __________

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? __________

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar?____________ and _____________

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. _____________ and ________________

25. What is a Manticore? _______________________________________________

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? ___________________________

27. What are the cake twins' names?__________________ and ______________________

28. Who is Ahuitzotil?________________________________________

29. Who is Tank?_____________________________________________

30. What is Pinkie Pie's full name?_____________________ ______________ ___________

I'm looking for more hard questions to add so If you all have any questions to add I would be extremely grateful.

ANSWERS:

1. She sits like a human.

2. Heartstrings

3. Green

4.Lulamoon

5. The pony that played the cello at the Grand Galloping Gala

6. Owlousious (or whatever it's spelled lol)

7. Big Brother Best Friend Forever

8. The Chord Progression is called a Deceptive Cadence.

9. The Rainbow Factory

10. Bubbles

12. Running Man

13. Applejack's Dog

14. Magenta

15. "Everything you've ever wanted to know about sex (But were afraid to ask)"

16. "The Punch has been spiked" "Appletini"

17. The Desert

18. I will probably count this question out but It is SOMETIMES speculated that Celestia rejected Discord and he wanted others to feel his pain.

19. The Stare.

20. Stomp, Clap

21. French, or "fancy"

22. Pink

23. 13, 23,

24. Spifire, Soarin'

25. A Lion with wings and a scorpion's tail

26. Constellations

27. Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake

28. The Antagonist in Daring Do

29. Rainbow Dash's Turtle

30. Pinkamena Diane Pie

Edited by Draldeld

I feel sad because I don't even know a couple of those...

Haha, I know most of them but some of them I found online...I have the answers to all of them though so I can tell you the answers of you want.

These.

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song?

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition?

12. What popular dance move can spike do?

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book?

17. Where do changelings come from?

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color?

These.

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition?

12. What popular dance move can spike do?

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book?

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color?

8. "There was actually a double meaning in the song. The song is in the key of Db Major (just like winter wrap up!) . That means that the root chord is a Db major chord. Usually, a Ab major chord will lead into a Db major. This is the V-I chord progression and it is also known as the Authentic Cadence (stick with me here). Now, it seems to resolve to a sadder chord at the end of the phrase. Instead of ending on Db major around 1:16, it lands on Bb minor: the relative minor of Db major. Now, when a chord progression seems to be heading to the root chord but lands on the relative minor instead, that is called a...

Deceptive Cadence

Also worth noting, listen to how Twilight sings the last "forever" in the song. Her little cadenza (I am seriously not making these words up) quotes the opening notes of the theme song"

11. I believe she was 15. I may be wrong though.

12. Running Man

15. "Everything you've ever wanted to know about sex. (But were afraid to ask)

17. A Strange desert in the background.

22. Pink

I think that's all.

• Brohoof 3

What.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel like taking the quiz so here ges, tell me how I do :3

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for? That blue/turquoise background pony with a lyre cutie mark. She's famous for being a couple with bonbon :3

2. What is Lyra's last name? Heartstrings

3. What color hair did rarity once have? 2? not sure...

4. What is Trixie also known as? THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

5. Who is Octavia?A pony who plays cello

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl?Owlowiscious (or however it's spelled)

7. What does BBBFF stand for?Big Brother Best Friend Forever

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song?It's actually Twilight's cry for help in a dystopian society It's a cute song about Twi's bro

9. Where do rainbows come from?​They're made in some factory in Cloudsdale

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? Bubbles!

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? She's not in that competition...

12. What popular dance move can spike do?EPIC SAX SPIKE

13. Who is Winona? Applejack's dog

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Red/Fuschia

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book?Sleepover: a reference guide (probably not, I can't remember)

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. The punch has been spiked

17. Where do changelings come from? The Everfree Forest? I don't really remember

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does. He used to rule Equestria but then he's been imprisoned in stone by Celestia and now he's mad.

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? The Stare

20. When ponies applaud, they stomp the ground. When Twilight applauds, she uses magic?.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? Fancy French

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? Transparent

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar?___?_________ and ______?_______

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. Spitfire and Soarin'

25. What is a Manticore? Lion + some other animals. It lives in the Everfree Forest

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? Constellations

27. What are the cake twins' names? Poundcacke and somethingcake

28. Who is Ahuitzotil?The villain in Daring Do's book

29. Who is Tank? Rainbow Dash's turtle pet

30. What is Pinkie Pie's actual name? Pinkamena Diane Pie

Did I do good? What do I win? :3

• Brohoof 1

What.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel like taking the quiz so here ges, tell me how I do :3

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for? That blue/turquoise background pony with a lyre cutie mark. She's famous for being a couple with bonbon :3 -1/2, she sits like a human.

3. What color hair did rarity once have? 2? not sure... -1, Green (When trixie put a spell on her)

4. What is Trixie also known as? THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE I'll give this to you but it's Lulamoon.

5. Who is Octavia?A pony who plays cello

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl?Owlowiscious (or however it's spelled)

7. What does BBBFF stand for?Big Brother Best Friend Forever

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song?It's actually Twilight's cry for help in a dystopian society It's a cute song about Twi's bro -1, look at my previous post.

9. Where do rainbows come from?​They're made in some factory in Cloudsdale

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? Bubbles!

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? She's not in that competition... -1, #15.

12. What popular dance move can spike do?EPIC SAX SPIKE -1, Running Man

13. Who is Winona? Applejack's dog

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Red/Fuschia

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book?Sleepover: a reference guide (probably not, I can't remember) -1, "Everything you've ever wanted to know about sex. (But were afraid to ask)"

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. The punch has been spiked

17. Where do changelings come from? The Everfree Forest? I don't really remember -1, A strange desert in the background.

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does. He used to rule Equestria but then he's been imprisoned in stone by Celestia and now he's mad.

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? The Stare

20. When ponies applaud, they stomp the ground. When Twilight applauds, she uses magic?. -1/2, claps.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? Fancy French

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? Transparent -1, Pink

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar?___?_________ and ______?_______ -1, 13 and 23 i believe...She said that she was the first in her class to get her mark but in the race there are several ponies that already had theirs.

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. Spitfire and Soarin'

25. What is a Manticore? Lion + some other animals. It lives in the Everfree Forest

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? Constellations

27. What are the cake twins' names? Poundcacke and somethingcake -1/2, Pumpkin Cake.

28. Who is Ahuitzotil?The villain in Daring Do's book

29. Who is Tank? Rainbow Dash's turtle pet

30. What is Pinkie Pie's actual name? Pinkamena Diane Pie

Did I do good? What do I win? :3

You got 68%. That is actually pretty good. :D

• Brohoof 1

Just having a little fun here!

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for? Fingers

2. What is Lyra's last name? Dexterous

3. What color hair did rarity once have? Asparagus

4. What is Trixie also known as? A bitch

5. Who is Octavia? Spiderman's foe

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl? Otus flammeolus

7. What does BBBFF stand for? Big Bad Brother Filly Fondler

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song? Twilight imagines she has a brother after all this time

9. Where do rainbows come from? You see, there's this big machine, and there are lots of cute little fillies

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? White blood cells

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? PI

12. What popular dance move can spike do? Highland fling

13. Who is Winona? owner/operator of the Fortree City Gym

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Her vision prosthetic isn't removable

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book? Dianetics

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. Hey! Berry Punch is struggling with a serious problem! Don't call her a joke!

17. Where do changelings come from? When a mommy Changeling and a daddy Changeling love each other very much...

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does. His job didn't have a health care package, and he couldn't afford his meds

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? Pyrokinesis

20. When ponies applaud, they Explode. When Twilight applauds, she Explodes again.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? Klingon

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? Nebula

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar? Look Before You Sleep and Stare Master

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. Albert Boyd and Chuck Yeager

25. What is a Manticore? Manticore (2005) Commandos in Iraq looking for terrorists find a man-eating monster instead. Starring Robert Beltran, Jeff Fahey and Chase Masterson

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? Zdeno Chara and Milan Lucic

27. What are the cake twins' names? Castor and Pollux

28. Who is Ahuitzotil? Ahuitzotil was the eighth Aztec ruler, the Hueyi Tlatoani of the city of Tenochtitlan

29. Who is Tank? Hey, watch that! Even though it rides high on the flank, Rainbow won't look like a tank!

30. What is Pinkie Pie's actual name? Pinkie Responsibility Pie

• Brohoof 2

Wow, this was actually really fun. I didn't look at any of the other responses, so tell me how I did /)^3^(

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for? A background pony with a green/light green color scheme that has a Lyre as a cutie mark; Sitting on a chair like a human would in the background of an episode, being obsessed with hands/ human behaviors, and being shipped with Bon Bon.

3. What color hair did rarity once have? Rarities hair was turned green by Trixie in the episode "Boast Busters".

4. What is Trixie also known as? The Great and Powerful Trixie and Trixie Lulamoon

5. Who is Octavia? A gray background pony with a dark gray mane that is seen playing the cello along with a band in episodes such as "The Grand Galloping Gala"

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl? Owlicious

7. What does BBBFF stand for? Big Brother Best Friend Forever

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song? Twilight has never mentioned her brother before and now she's acting like he's everything that's important to her. It's also a freakin' amazing song.

9. Where do rainbows come from? The rainbow factory in Cloudsdale

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? Bubbles

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? 42? I have no idea.

12. What popular dance move can spike do? Moon Walking

13. Who is Winona? Applejacks Dog

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Magenta

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book? Everything you wanted to know about sex (but were too afraid to ask)

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. "It looks like the punch... has been spiked!" -Pinkie Pie

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does. He was turned to stone by the Elements of Harmony when they were possessed by Luna And Celestia.

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? "The Stare"

20. When ponies applaud, they stomp their hooves on the ground. When Twilight applauds, she claps her hooves together.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? French/ Fancy

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? Pink (according to the fandom, I haven't seen it that way in the show)

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar? The Return of Harmony 1 and 2

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot

25. What is a Manticore? A large lion creature with the tail of a scorpion

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? The constilations Ursa Major and Ursa Minor

27. What are the cake twins' names? Pound Cake and Carrot Cake

28. Who is Ahuitzotil? One of the enemies in the "Daring Do" series that is based of an egyptian monster

29. Who is Tank? The turtle that Rainbow Dash chooses as her pet in "May the Best Pet Win"

30. What is Pinkie Pie's actual name? Pinkamina Dianne Pie -Cutie Mark Chronicals; Pinkie "Responsibility" Pie -Baby Cakes

(edited)

Wow.....we should have more pony quizzes on here, if innovated the right way, they can be really fun! ^_^ I shall answer these! :3

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for? She is a very popular background pony who has a beautiful aquamarine coat and a fine cyan mane. She's famous for being seen in-show with Bon-Bon, and the way she sits human-like. (don't count this, but she is also best pony. :3)

2. What is Lyra's last name? Heartstrings.

3. What color hair did rarity once have? Um....hasn't it always been moderate indigo?

4. What is Trixie also known as? “The Great and Powerful Trixie”

5. Who is Octavia? Another famous background pony, known for being a violinist and commonly paired/shipped with Vinyl Scratch.

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl? Owloicious. It's commonly spelled numerous ways, the official canon spelling has not been released, to my knowledge.

7. What does BBBFF stand for? Big Brother Best Friend Forever

8. What is so interesting about the BBBFF song? I think it has something to do with Winter Wrap Up in the key, or notes. Other than that, it's one of Daniel Ingram's best works in the show with a strong emotional tone.

9. Where do rainbows come from? From a factory in Cloudsdale.

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? A group of size-varying bubbles.

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? Um....fifteen?

12. What popular dance move can spike do? That Running Man dance.

13. Who is Winona? Applejack's pet who commonly helps her with her jobs.

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Technicially, moderate cerise. Many fan works in the past have had her eyes red.

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book? Everything You Have Ever Wanted To Know About Sex (But Were Afraid To Ask)

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show. The huge demand for Apple Cider in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

17. Where do changelings come from? We do not know yet, but by speculation, we think it's a desert far away and visible from Canterlot.

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does. Discord is an evil Draconequus who took an evil reign over Equestria and wreaked havoc over the land until the Elements of Harmony turned him into the stone form, and in the events of the season 2 premiere, he emerged from his prison and got revenge, until he was stopped yet again by the mane 6.

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? She has a gift of special connection with wildlife, especially all kinds of creatures, when it comes to communication.

20. When ponies applaud, they It depends. Sometimes they clop their hooves together like we clap our hands. And other times they stop their hooves on the ground. When Twilight applauds, she um...the same?

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? French. Or according to Applejack, “fancy” lol

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? Pink.

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar? Sonic Rainboom and Mysterious Mare Do-Well

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. Spitfire and Soarin’

25. What is a Manticore? A mythological creature that is a hybrid of a lion and a scorpion.

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? The celestial constellations Ursa Major and Ursa Minor.

27. What are the cake twins' names? Cup Cake and Carrot Cake

28. Who is Ahuitzotil? The possible main antagonist of the Daring Do book series.

29. Who is Tank? Rainbow Dash's pet tortoise.

30. What is Pinkie Pie's actual name? I think you mean “full name”, lol. Pinkamena Diane Pie.

Edited by One Reliable Gamer (NF160)

Well here's another really hard question you could ask 'em:

Who coined the phrase "Neighsayers" (i.e. who first used it in the show)?

Answer: It's actually Trixie; I was only reminded this today myself when I rewatched Boast Busters. Go figure.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Who is Lyra and what is the famous for?

4. What is Trixie also known as?

18. Explain Discord's past and why he acts the way he does.

_____

Sorry, but I just don't like those questions. Firstly, in #1 it should read "what is she". But more importantly, numerous things could be put as an answer, not just sitting like a biped.

4) Once more, multiple answers ("Lulamoon" and "The G&PT", although the recently released toy suggests that the former is her last name, NOT an alternative name).

8) Many things, although I suppose the "deceptive cadence" reference is the most interesting.

17) The changelings were thrown towards the desert in the background by Shining Armor and Cadance's blast, but that doesn't mean that they came from that desert.

18) This is unknown. We have a very basic sense of one thing that once happened to him in history, but nothing more. As for his motives, he's certainly a hedonist, but we don't know why he is.

Edited by Starswirl the goateed
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

What license does Rainbow Dash have? "[A] Daredevil License" - Ponyville Confidential

What are the rhythmic adjectives used to describe the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000? "Unbelievable", "Unimpeachable", "Indispensable", "I-can't-believable" - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy

Big Macintosh, a red stallion who is Applejack's older brother, has some of the fewest spoken lines out of any recurring character. Which episode has him speaking the most? Hearts & Hooves Day

Which episodes does Twilight Sparkle NOT appear in? Sisterhooves Social, Family Appreciation Day, Putting Your Hoof Down

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok I'll do the quiz and answer all questions:

Posted Image

4. What is Trixie also known as? ..Bitch?

Edited by Jokuc

I dont know any of these, does that mean i am not a real brony?

No, you're still a real brony. These are meant to fufill a personal vendetta against these girls.

Wow, this was actually really fun. I didn't look at any of the other responses, so tell me how I did /)^3^(\

You got #11 wrong, it's #15. That's the only one you got wrong so you got like 96% or something. Which is amazing.

Wow.....we should have more pony quizzes on here, if innovated the right way, they can be really fun! ^_^ I shall answer these! :3

3. Green

8. The Deceptive Cadence.

19. The stare, but I'll give that one to you.

Nice job guys. :) And thanks for the feedback, I'll change some of these questions to make them more clear.

You got #11 wrong, it's #15. That's the only one you got wrong so you got like 96% or something. Which is amazing.

Awesome! Thanks for making this, it was really fun to complete.

• Brohoof 2

I dont know any of these, does that mean i am not a real brony?

No. If you have a self-proclaimed interest in My Little Pony, then the fact is incontrovertible.

What it does mean, is that your retention of detail or nuanced information of the show, the show's subtext, or paratext generated by the fandom is below the requirement of this Quiz's difficulty level.

(edited)

25. What is a Manticore? _______________________________________________

What story is the Manticore and Fluttershy scene referencing in Friendship is Magic Part 2?

George Bernard Shaw's play "Androcles and the Lion" - employing a Christian parable of compassion- or sub-history thereof, see also Androcles in fiction, Aarne-Thompson ct. 156.

Edited by Blue

strangley most of the questions revolving around the mane 6 and villians i didmt get. or i could be really tired. the quiz is good but some of these questions may require alot of time spent in the community to get.

1. Who is Lyra and how is she different from other ponies? Idk, don't pay attention to background. Ponies much

2. What is Lyra's last name? I do

3. What color hair did rarity once have? Green

4. What is Trixie's last name? Great and powerful

5. Who is Octavia? A stylist from the hunger games

6. What is the name of Twilight's Owl?owliciousus

7. What does BBBFF stand for?big brother best friend forever___________ ______

8. What is the secret meaning behind the BBBFF song? There's a secret meaning?

9. Where do rainbows come from?uhh,ponies that don't pass there flying tests

10. What is Derpy Hooves' Cutie Mark? bubbles

11. What # is Derpy in the best young flier competition? 8

12. What popular dance move can Spike dance? Rick roll

13. Who is Winona? applejacks pet dog

14. What color eyes does Vinyl have? Purple?

15. Everything you have ever wanted to know about sleepovers but were afraid to ask is a reference to what popular book? Everything you wanted to know about cupcakes and..

16. Give one alcohol joke that is presented in the show? Now the punch is spiked!

17. Where is it speculated that changelings come from?

Some love ridden deser place beyond equestria.

18. Explain Discord's speculated past and why he acts the way he does?

He used to rule equestria until celestia and Luna encased him in stone with the elements of harmony, he ruled equestria with chaos so he did that again.

19. Fluttershy has a special power. What is it? Being able to communicate with animals

20. When ponies applaud, they stOmp there hooves. When Twilight applauds, she claps her hooves_.

21. What language can Apple Bloom speak when she gets the Cutie Pox? French

22. What is Celestia's Natural hair color? I'm...light pinkish

23. What episodes show that Rainbow Dash is a liar? The iron pony one and _____________

24. Give 2 of the Wonderbolt's names. __soarin_ and spitfire

25. What is a Manticore? Lion witha scorpions tail

26. What are the Ursa bears based off of? The little and big dipper

27. What are the cake twins' names?pound cake and pumpkin something

28. Who is Ahuitzotil? I don't know who is he?

29. Who is Tank? Rainbow dash's pet turtle

30. What is Pinkie Pie's full name?Pinkamina dianne Pie