Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't use "enter" key or d-pad

DubWolf

I am unable to use the d-pad and enter key sometimes while typing a message or making a post, occasionally. Like right now I am able to use the d-pad, other times for some reason I am unable to move around with it. When typing a message, for some reason I was able to use the enter key the first time to start a new line, but now I'm unable to do it again.

Thots?

55 minutes ago, Bas said:

I think it happens with special features like spoilers or mentions.

No it's happened regardless :please: . Like right now I cannot even hit enter or move left and right with the d-pad.

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda necroposting here lul, but I was away dfEG13d.png

@WWolf if you still care, this is a bug within the forum software / text editor, it's not something MLPF broke. :P

One of the possible causes is emoticons glitching the editor after typing them. When you're putting emoticons by typing their names like this:

Spoiler

JiVuz61.gif&key=7a1986769ca31b7b069f60b8

There's a rather high chance (I'm not sure if it is caused by something specific yet), that after selecting the emoticon it will insert it AND create a new paragraph (go to next line, that is). Normally it puts the emoticon and lets you type further, right after it (as seen in the gif above), but sometimes it *automatically* goes to the next line for some reason.

When that happens, the editor glitches and arrow keys refuse to work, so does [ enter ]. What's more, the search box with these won't appear anymore.

Spoiler

W3M0RJN.gif&key=a0ba74220cdc380c2cbc929e

Summarizing, as a result:

eQYSUUc.png Emoticon search won't popup anymore. You'll have to type full names of the emoticons or use the button in the toolbar.
eQYSUUc.png You can't move the text cursor using arrow keys. You can still move it while holding [SHIFT] though, but it also highlights the contents.
eQYSUUc.png You can't create new paragraphs with [ENTER]. You can, however, create new lines with [SHIFT] + [ENTER].
eQYSUUc.png This also partially affects mentioning. While the search box does appear, you cannot select the user with the keyboard, as arrow keys refuse to work. You need to type the name and click the member with a mouse. Otherwise mentioning won't work.

Sadly, at the moment there aren't any known ways to fix this other than refreshing the page. That sadly happens and when it does, you need to refresh the page to get it working properly again. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 3:37 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

@WWolf

Are you still experiencing issues?

Check your PM, I sent a new one but the messenger only merges without sending a new notification :wacko: . In summary, unable to replicate the issue.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Update, although I can't quite remember how I happened. However, I do remember it involved typing out an emote ( :P ), it did not become the emote until I eventually selected it from the drop down menu. At that point I realized I could no longer use the d-pad or enter a paragraph. That's all I can remember.

• 3 weeks later...

That’s an event failure. If the site it running slow that might happen, but it’s basically it’s more of a browser issue that occurs from time to time rather than something persistent on our end. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • The topic was locked