Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are ponies way overpowered compared to humans?

Azure Acrylic

It's kinda debatable since they get thrown into chaos and almost get conquered in almost every season so I don't think they're too OP especially since they have a lot of plot armour I think for the most part they would be overpowered in my opinion.     

On 11/1/2019 at 3:56 PM, Rainbows2424 said:

So, I was watching one of the episodes in MLP, and I though: Are ponies way overpowered compared to humans? I mean, sure, we have access to nukes, missiles, jets, tanks, warships, and explosives, and intelligence.

Ponies have one big weakness compared to humans. They don't have hands. That's where they will fail.

Also the way MLP poines work and think, they cannot really battle humans and win. It's a flaw with MLP in general compared to Anime.

That's why i was hoping Fighting is Magic was going to success back in the day, to allow for slightly more interesting MLP content. I know Twilight's battle against Tirek in the Season 4 Finale was up there, but it never really got anywhere after that.

And unicorn magic is dangerous! But for some reason, it doesn't seem like no one is scared of it in the show, even when being abused. So I don't think it is that dangerous for humans to battle.

Humans are still superior to ponies.

Oh yeah, ponies are totally OP.  But don't worry--I hear they're getting a nerf in the next hotfix.  :P

It's hard to say whether science and tech would beat magic.  We could launch a nuke at 'em, but they could teleport it away instantly.  I'd put my money on the ponies to win if there was an all out war of humans vs MLP ponies.  If we threw everything we had at them, I think it would look something like this, with Magneto being basically any strong alicorn/unicorn:

Spoiler

And then of course if you threw Discord into the mix then it would be instant game over for us.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

Also the way MLP poines work and think, they cannot really battle humans and win. It's a flaw with MLP in general compared to Anime.

Hmm? I'd like to know more about this.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Latecomer said:

Hmm? I'd like to know more about this.

Like Hazbin Hotel, or any dark Anime/Manga, the power and the characters in those stories are allowed to die, or kill others. And the people that watch or read those stories are older kids to teens, to grown-ups.
MLP can only vaguely hint a death. The show is always aimed to young children, but keeps pushing the boundaries.... But it isn't enough.

The ponies are therefore limited by the MLP writers, who are limited by the MLP branding. And that's why they can never be a threat to humans.

Just now, Splashee said:

Like Hazbin Hotel, or any dark Anime/Manga, the power and the characters in those stories are allowed to die, or kill others. And the people that watch or read those stories are older kids to teens, to grown-ups.
MLP can only vaguely hint a death. The show is always aimed to young children, but keeps pushing the boundaries.... But it isn't enough.

The ponies are therefore limited by the MLP writers, who are limited by the MLP branding. And that's why they can never be a threat to humans.

The show may be limited, but that cuts both ways. The ponies may not be able to kill, but they also cannot be killed. Remove the limiters to allow for one, and the other does not magically remain the same.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Latecomer said:

The show may be limited, but that cuts both ways. The ponies may not be able to kill, but they also cannot be killed. Remove the limiters to allow for one, and the other does not magically remain the same.

Good one!

Humans are very good at manipulation. If you think how good Starlight Glimmer was when she was "evil", she managed to enslave a town. The Lord Tirek, Queen Chrysalis and Cozy Glow managed to fool almost every pony in Equestria during a very short time. While we as watchers of the show, humans, keep thinking of even more evil ways to do the same thing. Humans can come up with so much more evil things, to win against ponies.

You don't need to kill, to be evil, or to win. There are so many dark things you can do. And Friendship won't save the ponies. And the princesses have no power.

Again, this would not be the case if this show was an Anime. Then we humans would be so screwed. MLP and the MLP brand has too many limits. Humans don't have any limits.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Good one!

Humans are very good at manipulation. If you think how good Starlight Glimmer was when she was "evil", she managed to enslave a town. The Lord Tirek, Queen Chrysalis and Cozy Glow managed to fool almost every pony in Equestria during a very short time. While we as watchers of the show, humans, keep thinking of even more evil ways to do the same thing. Humans can come up with so much more evil things, to win against ponies.

You don't need to kill, to be evil, or to win. There are so many dark things you can do. And Friendship won't save the ponies. And the princesses have no power.

Again, this would not be the case if this show was an Anime. Then we humans would be so screwed. MLP and the MLP brand has too many limits. Humans don't have any limits.

What you call the limits of the ponies are only the limits of the show - humans who appeared on it would do no better. Anime or not (and their limits vary wildly), I have no doubt that the evils you speak of are not unimaginable to them ,or at least no more than they are to First World humans.

And don't be fooled into thinking the Princesses powerless just because the narrative doesn't allow them to solve problems often. 

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

humans who appeared on it would do no better.

Well, if we take Equestria Girls humans, and focus on "the evil" ones. They usually get some kind of magical power to make them super powerful and dangerous, but within limits to the show.
Magical artifacts, super human abilities. All these things include teleportation or shooting laser beams. Humans limited by the show are still as great of a threat as the ponies, and as overpowered (which was the main question).

But the user that made the question also talked about weapons not seen in the show, like nukes and stuff. I am just trying to compare the boundless humans that we are, against the limits of the show and the ponies in it.

I am not being fooled into thinking anything. I think the princesses were badly utilized in the show just as much as you. They really should have a spin-off series.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Well, if we take Equestria Girls humans, and focus on "the evil" ones. They usually get some kind of magical power to make them super powerful and dangerous, but within limits to the show.
Magical artifacts, super human abilities. All these things include teleportation or shooting laser beams. Humans limited by the show are still as great of a threat as the ponies, and as overpowered (which was the main question).

But the user that made the question also talked about weapons not seen in the show, like nukes and stuff. I am just trying to compare the boundless humans that we are, against the limits of the show and the ponies in it.

I am not being fooled into thinking anything. I think the princesses were badly utilized in the show just as much as you. They really should have a spin-off series.

So the humans can only be a threat with artificial enhancement? Doesn't sound like they'd be a match for most ponies under normal circumstances. 

And that's just ot - in a fair comparison, everyone has to play by the same rules. If nukes are on the table, then ponies are allowed to go all out too. And then magic starts looking very scary.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Latecomer said:

So the humans can only be a threat with artificial enhancement? Doesn't sound like they'd be a match for most ponies under normal circumstances. 

And that's just ot - in a fair comparison, everyone has to play by the same rules. If nukes are on the table, then ponies are allowed to go all out too. And then magic starts looking very scary.

Well, if humans sent out the nukes to the ponies, the ponies could use their version of the nuke, which could be Fallout Equestria’s megaspell. Then the humans would be screwed.

5 minutes ago, Rainbows2424 said:

Well, if humans sent out the nukes to the ponies, the ponies could use their version of the nuke, which could be Fallout Equestria’s megaspell. Then the humans would be screwed.

Well, canon ponies probably don't have those. But they do have alicorns... and how willing are humans to use nukes in general?

4 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Well, canon ponies probably don't have those. But they do have alicorns... and how willing are humans to use nukes in general?

Well, Celestia could send the sun smashing into Earth, which would probably kill everything on it and any ponies on Earth at the time. Which would be a bad idea. Besides, I don’t know how they are willing to use nukes when confronted with small horses which look kinda cute.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

human's war and vehicle technology and experience in combat could have a great significant advantage and potentially win over ponies. because most of the ponies are cowards that flee from the situation and arent very used to violence that much while humans are more braver and used to it. Also the goverments conscript their own people to make them learn about war and military stuff and the conscripted people will eventually get used to it

for example when a human male in türkiye reaches age 20 they will be conscripted and call them to their place and train them for 6 months and release them out. While equestria doesnt have a conscription system. They have the brave guards guarding the princesses and the brave wonderbolts pegasi but they dont know about technology that much

now for our military vehicles. They would react with a mix of awe, disbelief and intimidation. the reactions would be far more worse for the battleships and aircraft carriers of the human navy. The aircraft carriers are literally moving military bases on water that carries fighter jets similar to the thunderhead from fallout equestria but more stronger and bigger

the humans could attack the pegasi with anti aircraft weapons but they might outmaneuver it unless the weapon is a m61 vulcan and it constantly fires stream of bullets and they go extremely fast but if the pegasi's magic works on human natural clouds too. they could use it as a weapon from away instead of suicide diving into them and the human soldiers would call for air support. this could make the battle more intense

for the unicorns. Well they only have basic magic and arent very powerful at all. even if they are able to cast sheild to protect themselves, some human soldiers wielding high caliber machineguns or weapons with armor piercing shells could easily penetrate through the shield and kill the unicorns. unless some unicorns are highly trained in magic that can have more stronger attacks and make more durable shields but I bet they their shield wont last more seconds of those strong weapons but if the unicorn has a teleportation spell. they really need to be in great caution

for the earth ponies. Well they are connected to the nature and are more durable and physicly more stronger than the other races. but they would be extremely vulnerable to the weapons human soldiers wield

I cannot say more my brain is tired now...

8 minutes ago, Zancel said:

but I bet they their shield wont last more seconds of those strong weapons but if the unicorn has a teleportation spell. they really need to be in great caution

maybe more time and not seconds?

12 minutes ago, Zancel said:

but I bet they their shield wont last more seconds of those strong weapons

ignore the other one I made. I am talking about the durability of the shield of those highly trained unicorns possess not the one talking about the teleportation spell

The only reason that anyone thinks that humans would beat out ponies is because of our technology but take that away than what do you have? A species that is like if a fly was to fight against a blue whale, we would be completely defeated and while we do have thumbs they make up for that for having something humans can never have, magic, magic which can take down even our most advanced technology and in "Lesson Zero" it shows us that pegasi can even act as if they are a nuclear bomb if they fly fast enough, something that we can't do with our body and we had to build a separate bomb for that in which if the Equestrians steal, they could easily use it against us, and we would be totally doomed.

There is one thing both humans and ponies have and it's intelligence, however I'm talking a risk here by saying that ponies are smarter than humans, because at least they aren't slowly killing themselves via climate change, so your average pony could easily out rival your average person even in terms of intelligence.

In conclusion, I think ponies could easily defeat humans in battle and vastly outweigh humans even in intelligence.

On 2023-09-02 at 9:00 PM, Theautisticrebel said:

The only reason that anyone thinks that humans would beat out ponies is because of our technology but take that away than what do you have? A species that is like if a fly was to fight against a blue whale, we would be completely defeated and while we do have thumbs they make up for that for having something humans can never have, magic, magic which can take down even our most advanced technology and in "Lesson Zero" it shows us that pegasi can even act as if they are a nuclear bomb if they fly fast enough, something that we can't do with our body and we had to build a separate bomb for that in which if the Equestrians steal, they could easily use it against us, and we would be totally doomed.

yes they have magic and and we dont have magic but I dont know if it could prove stronger than our advanced technology. for the pegasi, I dont think that all pegasi can do that or those that are capable of doing them even create a size or lethal of that like a nuclear bomb. but still the pegasi that are capable of doing those giant explosions would be targeted like if they pose a significant threat to us. so we would be on high alert and attempt to come in prepared for such situations like this. neutralizing pegasi that are capable of doing those giant explosions until none are left would be the top priority and could significantly lower the damage and efforts caused by them.

places that nuclear bombs are stored are typically classified and kept secret to minimize the risk of attack or theft. and are protected with maximum security and would be impossible for them to get them. because governments with nuclear bombs take security very seriously as such theft like this would already be catastrophic and hell of a threat and danger for us so they are protected with top priority thats why. even if they attempt to use physical attacks or natural disasters against it, it wouldnt work because the storage facility areas themselves are designed to withstand them. some unicorns that somehow teleport inside will met with Armed personnel, often highly trained and heavily armed and they would kill them or capture them. so we pretty much wouldnt be totally doomed and defeated.