mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Because touhou is love touhou is life. Really though I just changed mine from Suwako to my current mostly because of the touhou 15 hype lol

I like my name because it incorporates my name with the nerdiest character in MLP, twilight, and the two rhyme. Fits quite nicely. I identify the most with Twilight even though she isn't my favorite pony.

I used to have another name that I used everywhere for years, but I don't really identify with the things that younger me has said or done under that name anymore. I wanted to come up with a new username, but it was kinda hard. But I had this silly idea. Apples are one of my favourite foods and the golden delicious variety is imo the best one. So I played with the name for a bit, and that's how GoldenYum was born.  :icwudt:

Hahahahahaah. I'm too awesome to explain why my username is what it is!

Seriously though, it was the first thing that came to my mind when I was making a username here on this forum.

I have what is quite possibly the nerdiest username/handle in existence. I wanted a handle that harbored no preconceived notions, could be used somewhat universally (as in, outside of this fandom) and rolled off the tongue. And I wanted to distance myself from usernames I've used in the past (they were awful). So I decided on "Taialin," not because of any of those reasons, but because it is the phonetic interpretation of the enzyme salivary amylase, also known as ptyalin.

Yeah, I told you it was nerdy.

I chose my name because I've been a certified recreational diver for years under NAUI, SDI, and PADI up to Rescue/CPR Diver and I now work as a Commercial Diver in ship husbandry. I've always loved the ocean and my OC'S name is Deep Sea (unfortunately I don't have a picture of him. Just think of a pony wearing a Mark V diving rig. :P)

When I made a profile on this other forum (CTF), I got Mandopony's song Fighter stuck in my head. I called myself LittleMac and it just sorta stuck cx

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about an appropriate name to start my new "second life" as a brony here, then i remembered about the name of the principal character of Z.O.E. - The 2nd Runner i was playing a couple of days back and said myself "Why not?" It was particular as nick, even if it sounds like an australian wild dog, and was ease to remember to everypony, also has a kind of "magic" or "effect". The only problem i realize it maybe was too short so i put an underscore on it (and i regret my choice about it) and added "Dash" to make it sound more familiar with the brony fandom... A shame i've realized too late that most of people on internet already used it for their and and real pony name is formed by two particular words that characterizes itself... Still thinking about this... Qhat would be my nickname if i onle sticked to the "rules"? Anyway...

post-32110-0-23497900-1431461251_thumb.jpg

It started as an inside joke between some of my friends. We were eating dinner and people kept interrupting asking for the salt to the point where we purposely cut anyone off that tried to speak, it was pretty hilarious at the time. Then it just sorta came up as an idea for a name to use on a few sites I frequent when I had nothing else.

Well idk it just happened i needed a NEW handle as the other ones was weird i had like 2 handles before that where  techguypc, mick100qwq but then i was thinking why not include my name in my handle so i did. The first 3 letters of my handle are my first middle and last name Michael  James Charles and the rest is just what i like and stuff i like. The Tech Guy

That's all it not really creative  :yay:

• 5 weeks later...

What's the story behind you username? For us, you'd have to ask Star Song for a completely accurate story but I thiiiiiiiink it's because Star Song originally made it as a club about MLP and then it just turned into a group that did MLP social forums and other forums. Shouldn't the co-leader know this stuff? Anyway, what's the story behind YOUR name?

• Brohoof 2

Well my favorite song by AC/DC, one of my all time favorite bands and what got me into all the music I love today, was Gone Shootin'

Another band I loved and found out about in 2008 was a band called Airbourne. I combined the "Gone" from that song and bam Gone Airbourne has been my username for a long time now.

• Brohoof 1