Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do You Scoop With A Spoon?

SharpWit

How do you scoop things such as peanut butter?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use a spoon?

• Yes
    • No

Screenshot_2020-07-05-15-05-40-1.thumb.png.e75569c5bf967a20519d7988de51c9ed.png

I am sometimes amazed by the subtle differences between people. I was raised to scoop and spread all things with a butter knife. It usually does alright and spreads things magnificently. However, some opt for a spoon to grab more material it seems. What's your preference?

• Brohoof 1

Knife is good at spreading the sandwich goo over the sandwich, but a spoon is better for extracting goo out of a yar. I use whatever feels right at the time

• Brohoof 1

If you can spread butter/peanut butter with a butter knife, you can scoop it with a butter knife (albeit, it would probably be easier to scoop peanut butter out with a spoon). Peanut butter is just one thing that I was never taught to scoop out with a spoon.

• Brohoof 1

Depends which product. Peanut butter works better with the knife, because it won't leave a clump behind. OTOH, because jam's slicker and slippery, the knife's narrow width makes it harder to control, so I scoop and spread that with a spoon.

I've been scooping and spreading with a spoon all my life, it's easy spreading it with the backside of the spoon. Though getting that stuff onto the bread might be difficult, but I guess that's where the knife comes in?

If I'm making a PB&J, I also only use a single knife. First I apply jelly, then wipe off the blade with the clean slice of bread, followed by the peanut butter.

A butter knife for spreading, a spoon for eating. Stuff gets stuck in the spoon and you can't spread it evenly. And if it can't be pretty there's little point to it at all.  

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...