Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney and Pixar's Soul is coming to Disney+ this Christmas

Chadbacca

Following how Onward went to Disney+ not long after it hit theaters due to said theaters being initially closed because of the pandemic, Pixar's latest film, Soul, is gonna skip its theatrical release of November 20 altogether and will instead hit Disney+ on December 25 at no additional cost.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pixars-soul-to-skip-theaters-head-to-disney-this-winter/1100-6483102/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Edited by Chad327
  • Brohoof 1

Funny how this is free and Mulan wasn’t. Guess Disney figured since a lot of people would watch Mulan, they might as well profit off of it more.

As for Soul itself, personally it doesn’t sound very interesting. I think part of it for me is they spent too much of the trailer in the real world and not enough in the “soul world”. They didn’t really show it off at all so it’s hard to know what to expect.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have much hope on Disney trying to explain the concept of souls and how that's going to step on many people's beliefs and philosophies creating a new generation that will just take it as however Disney decides to portray seasoned with real life controversies and assumptions. Can't wait

Willy Wonka HD Meme Generator - Imgflip

7 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

I don't have much hope on Disney trying to explain the concept of souls and how that's going to step on many people's beliefs and philosophies creating a new generation that will just take it as however Disney decides to portray seasoned with real life controversies and assumptions. Can't wait

Willy Wonka HD Meme Generator - Imgflip

This is a Pixar film more than a Disney animated film. You know that right? And for over 20 years, they've been doing all kinds of movies whose premise is like what if toys/bugs/cars/monsters have feelings. like what is it for the personification I think that normally are inanimate or not sentient or in the case of monsters just a figment of your imagination.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

This is a Pixar film more than a Disney animated film. You know that right? And for over 20 years, they've been doing all kinds of movies whose premise is like what if toys/bugs/cars/monsters have feelings. like what is it for the personification I think that normally are inanimate or not sentient or in the case of monsters just a figment of your imagination.

I know, but the more movies from pixar come out and the closer it is to Disney some curious patterns star to look oddly familiar. There's some tropes that are very Disney since they are known to be now the "feels" company, and ppl tend to forget the bad ones and why they were bad. The first thing that the trailers are emphasizing a lot is their more feelsy successful movies and one of them were not make "by the director's of", and another was just 15 mins good at the start and another 15 mins at the end and that's the part people remember but the rest wasn't really that good :confused:. I sense manipulation. More and more they are starting to innovate less and they are starting to have the same face syndrome with their characters which is undeniable with Soul and Inside Out. Not to mention the Brave controversy, which i know art and artist shouldn't be mixed but in this case in particular the movie by itself is not good as a movie, and the Coco subtext of normalized oppression. But we will see.

Edited by Ittoni

I mean here (the UK) the government wants ppl to go to theatres (cinemas) at least the less vulnerable, operating at lower capacity. Virtually nobodyy is going cuz there are hardly any movies jus cats and dogs 3 and some older or obscure titles. 

The soul thing seems creepy though I guess I did really enjoy the movie coco. Yeah in a way standard disney and Pixar are becoming more and more blurred. I still enjoy a lot of the movies tho even the good dinosaur one which was a little more bland. Cars is probably the most annoying franchise tho literally just trying to sell toy cars I swear xP or well maybe thats just me

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

I'm actually okay with this.  Sure I would have liked to see in theaters, but given everything that has been going on in the world, going to the movies right now isn't particularly safe.  So having it debut on Disney+ will allow for me to finally see the movie, but not have to risk my life doing so.

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/12/cinemas-shocked-and-dismayed-by-disney-decision-to-launch-soul-on-streaming-pixar

Yeah I thought an article like this would appear

"Cinemas across Europe have expressed their outrage at the decision by Hollywood studio Disney+ to bypass a big-screen release for the new Pixar animation Soul and debut the film on their streaming platform Disney+."

Yea I mean for me personally I don't mind but the cinemas in this part of the world are still open and are upset to lose another movie that could have been released.