Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ideas for how Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow could escape from stone and continue being evil?

DPBOX

I'm making a video game where Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow escape from stone and continue being evil and don't get reformed. I suppose I could go the "reformation gone wrong" route where Queen Twilight Sparkle frees the villains while tasking Luster Dawn with reforming them and fails, but does anyone have any other ideas?

• Brohoof 1

The original idea sounds pretty good. Luster still doesn't know enough about friendship, which causes her to fail the task and the villains scatter (I assume it's an adventure game where you look for the villains one by one and turn them back into stone).

You could also create a new pony who is powerful enough to break the stone spell and set the villains free, possibly leaving the pony a mystery if ur not too good at character creating xD

• Brohoof 1

I am a bit conflicted on this one because I just want CozyGlow to be reformed. I want to specify, just CozyGlow; not the other two. Tirek and Chrysalis can stay villains for all I care. CozyGlow is just a filly, after all. Her treatment seemed extremely unfair, especially since the mane six hardly even tried to reform her. It was just straight to Tartarus.

Some ways to make this all work could be along the lines of Twilight just trying to free CozyGlow, but then accidentally freed the others in the process. Or maybe she attempted to reform all three, but Tirek and Chrysalis get away and continue any evil plans they have. I just think Cozy deserves a second chance. I mean, they reformed Starlight, so why not CozyGlow.

• Brohoof 4

Equestria is no more. Its lands and inhabitants have been twisted by some unnatural calamity into nightmarish forms. Even the dead do not stay dead for long. The champions have failed. Now it's time for true heroes to rise from ash and stone, for this fire must be fought with fire.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like they could just free themselves and just be smarter next time, they failed so many times by going 'public' instead of gathering power up in secret and striking when the time was right. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, Scar said:

I feel like they could just free themselves and just be smarter next time, they failed so many times by going 'public' instead of gathering power up in secret and striking when the time was right. 

Iirc Tirek did tried to do the "gather power in secret" thing.  
In fact, Chrysalis technically did too with how her hive lay low until apparently they can easily capture all the heroes in TWABA.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like something would happen that broke the spell.
Maybe Grogar's spirit intervene or Discord adding his chaos magic to the spell messed it up and instead caused the spell to be able to break at anytime without warning.
Pretty much this ending up being the whole thing bites Discord in the flank due to its ultimately his fault.  He initially tried to use the trio as disposable pawns and its his fault they ended up worse off the deep end(if he kept his claws off of them, the trio wouldn't have been threats or end up being worse.  They clearly weren't going to reform truly if left on their own or being together with other evil beings).
The trio would be causing trouble but I prefer eventually they each might reform due to some scenario or development. 
The Royal Sisters probably be connected to how it goes, like it "redeeming" themselves for that controversial scene of turning the trio to stone like that.(By controversial I mean like how many fans were split and debating/arguing over this. Its a mess there

Not fond of the idea of the trio reforming due to basically they are on the heros' leashes and essentially have a weapon(the rainbow laser of doom/stone spell) aiming down on their heads if they don't "behave". 

• Brohoof 1

I have two ideas.

#1. Twilight frees them at some point in the Season 10 comics in an attempt to reform them and show that there is a better way.

#2. The real Grogar returns and breaks them out in order to recruit them as part of his plot to ultimately rid of Twilight and her friends and rule Equestria.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Chad327 said:

I have two ideas.

#1. Twilight frees them at some point in the Season 10 comics in an attempt to reform them and show that there is a better way.

#2. The real Grogar returns and breaks them out in order to recruit them as part of his plot to ultimately rid of Twilight and her friends and rule Equestria.

#2 sounds GREAT!! I wanted to see the real Grogar so badly after the whole weird Discord thing.

(edited)

Oh man, number 2 does sound amazing, but, unfortunately, Grogar can't be in my game because there are absolutely NO video game-appropriate graphics for him on the Internet and he'd be a complex character to draw and make animations for, and I can't draw very well. There aren't any video game-appropriate graphics on the Internet for Cozy Glow either, but she's much simpler than Grogar and I could probably edit an existing Desktop Ponies pony into her.

I'm using the Desktop Ponies graphics for my game. While a TON of characters have been drawn, most of them are from earlier in the series and most modern characters such as the 6 students, Daybreaker, Cozy Glow, Grogar, the powered up forms of the villains from Season 9: Episodes 24 and 25, and the characters and forms from Season 9: Episode 26: The Last Problem haven't been drawn yet. This is a big problem for people who are trying to make games set after Season 9: Episode 26: The Last Problem such as me.

Edited by DPBOX
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, DPBOX said:

Oh man, number 2 does sound amazing, but, unfortunately, Grogar can't be in my game because there are absolutely NO video game-appropriate graphics for him on the Internet and he'd be a complex character to draw and make animations for, and I can't draw very well. There aren't any video game-appropriate graphics on the Internet for Cozy Glow either, but she's much simpler than Grogar and I could probably edit an existing Desktop Ponies pony into her.

I'm using the Desktop Ponies graphics for my game. While a TON of characters have been drawn, most of them are from earlier in the series and most modern characters such as the 6 students, Daybreaker, Cozy Glow, Grogar, the powered up forms of the villains from Season 9: Episodes 24 and 25, and the characters and forms from Season 9: Episode 26: The Last Problem haven't been drawn yet. This is a big problem for people who are trying to make games set after Season 9: Episode 26: The Last Problem such as me.

Would the Royal Sisters be included too?

I'm going to keep that a secret for now, but Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow, the Main 6, Celestia, Luna, and maybe a few other characters will be playable.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. We can discuss my games when I make a thread for them.

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, DPBOX said:

I'm going to keep that a secret for now, but Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow, the Main 6, Celestia, Luna, and maybe a few other characters will be playable.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. We can discuss my games when I make a thread for them.

Is Spike playable too?

Where would the thread be?

On 10/12/2020 at 4:44 AM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

One day, the CMCs argued in front of the statue.

If they argue directly in front of it, they maybe the anger they felt energized them and they had enough magic to break through the stone imprisonment.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 2020-10-12 at 6:24 AM, DPBOX said:

I'm making a video game where Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow escape from stone and continue being evil and don't get reformed. I suppose I could go the "reformation gone wrong" route where Queen Twilight Sparkle frees the villains while tasking Luster Dawn with reforming them and fails, but does anyone have any other ideas?

So i had an idea for the mean 3 to be main characters for an rpg maker like game. But i have no motivation so here's my idea.

As they are in stone, the spirit of the real Grogar makes them a deal(for motivation unknown). He can tranport their minds to either their A: past, at Season 4 finale. Tirek wondering about, a little younger cozy maybe in a orphanage, Chrysalis with her army. B: In the present of season 9, where the at the fake Grogar's base after frenemies were they got the Bell, no need to get the book to know how it works now. C: In the future of the season 9 finale, where they'll figured out what to do in a less familiar time, maybe manipulate a naive luster dawn who wants to reform the villains. 

Each time is branching path. The mean 3 three will use their teamwork and knowledge to take the throne and win. A is easy, B is medium and C is hard difficulty. There would be a twist each time they win a path, and the player can play another path without the mean 3 remembering the others.

After the 3 path completed they remember everything as they are free from stone and fight an all-powerfull Grogar because he used them.

Now the ending would be them realising they are friends but still wants to be villains together. They walk away in the sunset of the far future (maybe G5), and laugh at their eventual plan for revenge...

I know this is years after this post was made, but i had to take it out of my mind.

(edited)

None.

The story of Cozy Glow, Tirek and Chrysalis is over. Friendship is Magic is over. Twilight's story is over. The Last Problem happened. Everything is done. Let it go. Ask for new characters, new worlds, new themes.

Edited by Ring Team
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Ring Team said:

None.

The story of Cozy Glow, Tirek and Chrysalis is over. Friendship is Magic is over. Twilight's story is over. The Last Problem happened. Everything is done. Let it go. Ask for new characters, new worlds, new themes.

Im not sure you understood the question. The OP is asking for ideas so they could make a game. They shouldn't be discouraged because the show is over right ?

@Ring Team

Are you speaking on behalf of @DPBOX's project here?

2 hours ago, MikaelZenon said:

Im not sure you understood the question. The OP is asking for ideas so they could make a game. They shouldn't be discouraged because the show is over right ?

It is okay to give suggestions according to what the original poster of this thread said.

• Brohoof 1