Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Did you ever want payback against someone for dis/liking etc. something (Movie, show, book, game, etc.)?

PCutter

55 minutes ago, PCutter said:

An episode that I absolutely defend to death because of the writers being threatened with murder because the ponies committed the criminal act of incessant harassing.

Well... just because people harassed the creators doesn’t make the episode in question good.

I still need to see the episode in full, but everything I’ve seen of it makes it look really un-fun to watch.

20 hours ago, PCutter said:

Oh really how about hating the episode because of who's really guilty? There's even a reddit thread about it.  

Are you talking about this one? If it is, I'm not seeing anyone hating on it. The OP merely suggested a theory.

Also, Pizza Delivery isn't just one of the most beloved Spongebob episodes, but fans and critics alike consider it one of the best of the entire series.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:16 AM, PCutter said:

Another time was when I lost "friends" because I told them I like some universally hated episodes from Spongebob, PPG (original) and even pony. They labeled me as the "other" that doesn't deserve friends because I liked those episodes, saying I'm not right in the head for it. They wrote an entire page's worth justifying why it's horrible and how much they look down on others who like them, saying that anyone who refuses the truth is a lower lifeform.

They weren't true friends then, and they sound like really toxic people to be around.

(edited)
On 10/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Are you talking about this one? If it is, I'm not seeing anyone hating on it. The OP merely suggested a theory.

Also, Pizza Delivery isn't just one of the most beloved Spongebob episodes, but fans and critics alike consider it one of the best of the entire series.

Because it looks more like someone trying to paint one or more of them as the villain here. And even that comment implies that Squidward should be arrested

On 10/15/2020 at 3:17 AM, InfernalEnergy said:

They weren't true friends then, and they sound like really toxic people to be around.

But then what if them being right for speaking the truth is more important than being nice and kind? Does being nice or kind matter at all Or was there no such thing as those things to begin with?

Edited by PCutter

On 10/14/2020 at 8:25 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Well... just because people harassed the creators doesn’t make the episode in question good.

Then I won't tell you to feel sorry for them having received murder threats.

2 hours ago, PCutter said:

But then what if them being right for speaking the truth is more important than being nice and kind?

They weren't really speaking the truth, they were just speaking their opinions.

2 hours ago, PCutter said:

Does being nice or kind matter at all Or was there no such thing as those things to begin with?

Being nice and kind does matter.

6 hours ago, PCutter said:

Then I won't tell you to feel sorry for them having received murder threats.

You misunderstood me. Death threats are wrong in any situation.

But a creator’s struggles don’t make a piece of media good.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:17 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

A friendship lost over opinions on episodes of a children's cartoon was clearly never a real friendship to begin with. 

Chuggaaconroy once summed it up best:

"I'm sorry that I watch a cartoon and find it funny. Clearly I'm ruining the world."

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Xe__or said:

I mean revenge is nice an' all, but payback over some piece of media you disagree on? How low do you have to be to actually do that :ButtercupLaugh:

Actually, all you need is to be pushed to the very edge, and become absolutely mad at everything and the world.

Too bad trolling isn't enough these days. I tried it on a doomed Youtube video last week, and I got more friends out of it than ever before... That's not a world I want to live in! (just because my trolling had the right fact, but bad attitude)

(edited)
On 10/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, Anti-Villain said:

Chuggaaconroy once summed it up best:

"I'm sorry that I watch a cartoon and find it funny. Clearly I'm ruining the world."

The people I mentioned said the exact same second sentence to me, but with "you're", and saying I'm a slight against all "respectable' fans. 

Edited by PCutter

No why should I. That would mean they can force me to like stuff too. I dislike people who force me into watching the things they like. Feels like a legitimate waste of my time no offense ;P and it's just unkind generally 

If people don't want to be friends with me because I haven't seen all the latest netflix shows or jus watched one and disliked it (especially because I thought they seemed uninteresting or boring) or whatever then so be it.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

Actually, all you need is to be pushed to the very edge, and become absolutely mad at everything and the world.

That's also called being a little bitch :ButtercupLaugh:

8 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

Too bad trolling isn't enough these days. I tried it on a doomed Youtube video last week, and I got more friends out of it than ever before... That's not a world I want to live in! (just because my trolling had the right fact, but bad attitude)

Trolling is an art with many followers; once you dive in, you rarely get out