Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Good Prequel Films?

Miss

Any prequel films out there that you all think are actually good?

Prequels have sort of become this area for lack creativity or just strange back stories that end up tainting the original good thing that started of a franchise. 

Do you all like any prequel films that you actually feel had a positive impact on a franchise and weren't just devoid of creativity or cash grabs etc.?

My fav prequel films I would call good are: Rogue One, Bumblebee, Animatrix

I would say Star Wars Episode III if it didn't spoil alot of things in the original trilogy, tho it's still one of my fav films, no matter how cheesy jajaja, 

• Brohoof 2

As much as there are some people who don't like college movie films I thought Monster University was a decent prequel.

Spoiler

The fact that Mike and Sully did reach their dream job of working in Monsters Inc. despite being college dropouts just goes to show there's more than one way to reach your dreams. The reveal that they were not always the best of friends did make it much more understandable why Mike was doubting Scully throughout the original Monsters Inc movie. When you realize that they literally had to work their way all up to get where they are, it's understandable why Mike got upset with Sulley; feeling like he's wasting everything they've worked for

Some of my favorite prequel films that I've seen include Monsters University, Rogue One, and despite its flaws, the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. However, I've heard that Bumblebee, Annabelle: Creation, Ouija: Origin of Evil were also great prequels.

Bumblebee was such a colossal improvement over the old Bay films that they decided to do a clean slate and start over from there

Also, Rogue One is the best post OT Star Wars movie

Edited by Megas

4 hours ago, Will Guide said:

As much as there are some people who don't like college movie films I thought Monster University was a decent prequel.

Hide contents

The fact that Mike and Sully did reach their dream job of working in Monsters Inc. despite being college dropouts just goes to show there's more than one way to reach your dreams. The reveal that they were not always the best of friends did make it much more understandable why Mike was doubting Scully throughout the original Monsters Inc movie. When you realize that they literally had to work their way all up to get where they are, it's understandable why Mike got upset with Sulley; feeling like he's wasting everything they've worked for

I agree, I think that movie is pretty good (especially when the mom turns her radio on :yay:)