Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@-Buttercup-

The other two in her group were fairly intimidated by the architecture, almost more on edge in the absence of traps than they would have been if a trap had been sprung. They shrugged when Spiral suggested digging out some of the armor, Sure commenting "We should get back to the ship anyway, let them know the palace is safe to enter, as big as it is, they'll likely need quite the team to get to the bottom of it."

Spiral would be able to cut through to the armor easy enough, but she would be left with the problem that there was a frozen pony corpse still inside the armor.

@Blitz Boom

Blitz would have a good idea where to find Silver, given Blitz likely knew where the maintenance ponies typically congregated, and after asking around a bit they'd find Silver crawling among the pipes using a spider harness of her own design, checking the pipes for damage. She would pause and move over to the trio once they called out to her, a bit of worry apparent on her face, "You're back, is she alright?"

@Kujamih

Something of an obstacle course had been set up in the hanger bay, designed to test ones reflexes and agility, as they didn't know what might be down there, the ability to avoid and react to danger was paramount for the first group. Light would be expected to demonstrate his abilities in the traditional manner, simply teleporting to the end or circumventing the course would not impress the General.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom

General Quarters nodded in acknowledgement to Last Stand, "I was told you'd be out of commission for at least a day. We don't know what we're up against here, are you fighting fit? Here, race this applicant through the obstacle course." He motioned for Light to proceed, and for Last Stand to pursue.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Upon looking to the armor she would smirk somewhat. "I have a way to take the armor here. We'll send in a team down here when we get back to the ship - but I have something I want to take for personal reasons. We've come down here, possibly risking our lives, so I'd figure I'd like a little something, besides - when the team gets down here they are likely to salvage it anyways." she spoke, and approached the corpse of a mare, who seemed to be in similar size to her (if there is one). Her horn glows black, and a shadowy form covers the corpse. It cuts through in such precise fashion, even though it took a while, to separate the armor from the corpse without making a mess - so it would be able to be taken off, and worn. Spiral collects the armor in her magic, and is ready to head back. The shadow magic seems to have gotten any debris or residue from the armor, so it was safe to wear.  

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle

The sudden change of events did not go unnoticed to Light, thus he became sick once more.... 

"Urghh.... I feel like barfing..." He mumbled.

At that very same time Last Stand eyed him and was not impressed.

Light was also not impressed at her stead fast brutal attitude to other ponies.

Then General Quarters commenced a race with her. 

So Light would come close towards her and greet her for sports ponyship.

" May the best pony win I guess.... All though your severely handicapped with your injury. If you force yourself your gonna open another wound though." He said towards Last Stand while offering a hoof to shake hands.

( If Last Stand would swat Lights hand he will put his injuries to Last Stand as some kind of payback for the way she treated other ponies.)

( If she wouldn't and normally just shake his hoof he would take all of her injuries and place it on himself, which would cause him to cough a lot of blood depending on how injured she is.)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

On 2022-05-31 at 3:36 AM, Illiad Easle said:

General Quarters nodded in acknowledgement to Last Stand, "I was told you'd be out of commission for at least a day. We don't know what we're up against here, are you fighting fit? Here, race this applicant through the obstacle course." He motioned for Light to proceed, and for Last Stand to pursue.

"If a gut wound were enough to keep me down, I'd be dead before my teens. I'll be fine."

Sure she wouldn't be at her peak, and she'd be irritable due to the pain, but she'd live. Probably. As for her task at hoof... A menial task, not meant to test if she'd win, but just if she'd make it through properly, or would keel over, she'd imagine. This one seemed energetic, so unless he were completely useless, he should not have overt issues getting through it.

"Fine, I'll chase him."

In her opinion, Light looked less like a serious fighter, and more like an untrained troublemaker. At best, he might be able to swing a bat, but she highly doubted finnesse was part of his repertoire. Not that it mattered. She had a task to complete, and would do so.

On 2022-05-31 at 6:25 AM, Kujamih said:

" May the best pony win I guess.... All though your severely handicapped with your injury. If you force yourself your gonna open another wound though." He said towards Last Stand while offering a hoof to shake hands.

"It's a gut wound, not a missing leg. Start running, and let's get this over with. Time shouldn't be wasted up here, when the problem is down there."

She neglected to shake his hoof. Came a lot from her own life experience though, which did not include shaking hooves. Frankly, before she had come here to the Æther, she had shaken a hoof once only. And that had been due to the insistence of a Night Guard, whom - while she found their kind soft - still served the night majesty, and thus, would gain some respect from her. She did not enjoy the experience, and wouldn't partake in it again. If she were to give a respectful motion, it'd be a salute, or as in this case, a small nod. Nothing major, but she supposed she could acknowledge that he were at least somewhat concerned, and respectful enough to offer a hoof. Though any concern of her health were unwarranted. She had fought before, with nothing more holding her gut in, than a left over shield, and a rope. She'd be fine.

That being said, she'd prefer not to repeat that. The weeks of feverish pain and delusions, were not something she were overly fond of having been through. To put it mildly.

As for her injury, it wasn't life threatening. She had gotten a fairly deep cut down the side of her torso, that had resulted in a fair bit of blood loss. But it were stitched up, and kept safe by her armor. She'd be fine. Sadly wasn't the stuff she had from home, but the wear and tear of it, had made it barely passable, when she had arrived here. She kept it around, just in case, but she had acknowledged the need for a better ensemble, and she were slowly starting to warm up to this one.

"I'm ready."

She'd run through the obstacle course, but she didn't much care to try and run pass him, as it seemed like since she were to run in second, her role were to follow, and evaluate. So unless he failed miserably, she would remain behind, and watch how he did, whilst going through it well herself. It should not present an issue.

===================================================================

@Illiad Easle

The spider harness caused Blitz to give off a giddy giggle, impressed at what she were seeing. Briar on the other hoof, were confused. He senses a pony, he sensed the shape too, and the two things were not compatible, nor something he had sensed before. What kind of odd pony were this? Best he could tell, her parts did not all feel as if they elonged, so some kind of mixture, of machine and pony? He had heard talk of those before. Maybe best if he did not bring it up just yet. Could be a sensitive issue.

"Uhuh, she's fine. Her friends doggo got hurt though. And she didn't seem very happy, when we said you had sent me.

Oh right, and I brought company! They're special."

"Briar Trapjaw, at your service. Forgive my companion, that she does not speak. The sudden commotions have made her fragile state of mind, rather rattled. Her name is Brittle Buzz. I am to understand you are Silver Studs, correct? As Blitz have mentioned, your daughter is okay, and have chosen to remain in the agricultural division, around the animals, and veterinarians. She is being watched carefully.

She did however, also seem rather... Dismayed, that messengers had been sent for her, rather than you personally. It appeared she had been expecting you today?"

"Silver were busy! Important stuff."

"It is not my place to judge, what may or may not be the truth in this matter. I merely state the facts in this situation. Were more important things to do, then certainly, those must be maintained. It just seemed unusual, to see animosity, in one so young. I worry about that.

Mayhap I have overstepped my boundaries, with such words. My apologies, Miss Studs."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

It was the wrong move for Last Stand to follow light at the back, because he was no ordinary pony.

as Light goes through the obstacle.... He literally goes through it. Every trip every hurdle, every trap, every block, he would easily just phase through it.

To an untrained eye. Light was able to go through the obstacle course with breeze and quite fast, zooming and darting at the obstacle course.

But for the keen eyed, it was baffling and scary, since nothing is hitting him. 

This would put Last Stand to a more disadvantageous position since she has to follow Light at the back and could only react if Light reacts to the obstacle course... Which light dosn't react properly, since in a way, there is no obstacle course.

At the end of the course, Light would pose in a galant way.

" Was I able to impress?"

If Last Stand could finish the obstacle course even though with Light at the front and misleading her, He would go up to her and look at her in the eye.

" You are one very impressive pony, but surely this time I've showed you that you're not the only one who's impressive? Maybe this time I deserve a hoof shake?" He said while offering another hoof to be shaken.

( If Last Stand would fall for his charms and finally shake his hooves, light would then take her injuries and transport it to him, concentrating it into one spot. Which would cause him to drip some blood on his nose and mouth.)

• Brohoof 1

@-Solstice-

Having removed the armor it was a bit easier to gauge the state of the guard when they were frozen. While they were in the stiff upright position expected of most guards, their expression was one of fear, teeth gritted, just starting to flinch. This guard at least had seen what was coming, but hadn't any time to react. The ice coming in fast made sense for the other figures frozen in the deeper ice out in the city streets, but that seemed much faster than wendigos were capable of. At least, so far as current records indicated. Maybe there were just a lot of them?

They returned to the craft at just about the same time as the other team from their mission to disable the defensive structures. The third team had set up their own perimeter around the landing area to form a sort of base camp for future expeditions to embark from. The unicorn in the other group reported much of the same information that Spiral's group had witnessed, namely that the city was frozen over with creatures trapped beneath, most likely dead, as well as an intricate system of magic running the defenses. At the conclusion of the other unicorn's report, the stallion in charge of the third team turned to Spiral's group, "Well? Were you able to get inside the structure? Any progress on releasing the Project? Or, anything else to report?"

@Blitz Boom

(Briar and Brittle have met Silver already, they were with Blitz and Light in the cafeteria when they all went together to Silver's office to ride out the cycle.)

Silver looked relieved to hear that Plein was safe, though cringed inwardly when she was reminded of her failed obligation. "I..." She sighed, "Thank you for checking on her. I'm glad to hear that she's alright." She lowered herself down onto the walkways that the others were on, allowing Briar to better sense her as she walked on her own hooves again rather than using the harness, which is why Briar likely didn't recognize her from before. "It's hard, you know? or maybe you don't, to raise a foal by yourself here. Especially when her father is... was... as important as he... was." she took another deep breath, "At first I smothered her, and caused her to push herself away. Now she's trying to close the gap, and I'm just messing it up. I should have been at her presentation today."

She shook her head, "I shouldn't burden you with my personal matters, there's still a lot of repairs that need to be done, thank you again for your help." She turned towards Blitz, "I'll be busy for a bit with all this, so it may be a few days before I'll need your help again, but I'm sure you've got plenty to keep yourself busy in the mean time, right?"

If they didn't have anything else to say to her she'd lift herself back up and head off deeper into the pipeworks to continue repairs.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih

On 2022-06-04 at 2:55 PM, Kujamih said:

It was the wrong move for Last Stand to follow light at the back, because he was no ordinary pony.

(What, was she supposed to follow from the front? She was instructed to pursue after all.)

General Quarters was far from an untrained eye, and very suspicious of Light's ability to traverse the course, as Light, at least visually, was an Earth pony, therefore not capable of the magical feats displayed.

He would approach Light at the end of the course, getting between Light and Last Stand, "That was, interesting, to say the least. Care to explain how you got through the sticky floor without touching it? Or how you got through the painted rings without any of it rubbing off on you?"

Sure enough, if they looked over at Last Stand, who had completed the course properly, there'd still be a bit of sticky residue on her hooves, and powdery red marks on her fetlocks.

These parts of the course were both to add variety to the terrain, as well as making sure that someone was not cheating their way through the course.

The General turned to Last Stand, "I am at least satisfied with your performance, go rest up, we'll have someone come for you once we hear back from the current ground team, and get you down there on the next flight."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Spiral would tell the stallion that they had managed to get inside the place. She gave rather explicit details of everything they encountered. Nothing alive within it - no traps as far as they could tell. With the guard's armor in her possession, she would say that there were a lot of frozen guards there frozen in place. Running from something quite powerful. It was the windigos. They were no legend, for this was based in evidence and fact at what they were seeing here, coupled with the fact that the structure was underneath solid ice. What else could cause that, if not beings of monumental elemental power? Unfortunately, they found no clues for what was stopping the project, or anything they could use to undo the the current situation. Spiral would suggest using something to cancel out the magic itself of the area, and whatever magic were here. Like anti-magic bomb, long enough for the project to get away.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

(yes true but she still can intercept if she wished and chose not too.)

" ah, as you can see my cutie mark is originally a white halo... Which is not visible due to my white fur... Hence me putting a cross on my flank. My cutie mark ability lets me control my lightness... I can be very light to a point I have zero friction... Hence me able to evade quite well, not only that I can control a bit of light..... And light is kinda weird to explain.... But with the right control, you can step on it. I do hope that explains it all." 

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

While she had passed the course as usual, proving she were still fit for fight, she took bit notice in how Light did his thing here. A peculiar magic it seemed, which were unusual, for what looked like an earth pony. Changeling maybe? Kitsune perhaps? Either of 'em, had the sort of illusion skill, that could cause this.

On 2022-06-04 at 10:55 PM, Kujamih said:

" Was I able to impress?"

If Last Stand could finish the obstacle course even though with Light at the front and misleading her, He would go up to her and look at her in the eye.

" You are one very impressive pony, but surely this time I've showed you that you're not the only one who's impressive? Maybe this time I deserve a hoof shake?" He said while offering another hoof to be shaken.

"I don't shake for anyone. But you made an impression."

The look in her steely eye, did not show if she meant that in a good, or a bad way. The truth being a little of both, as she found trickery to be a fools errand in the long run. But at the same time, he had still gotten through things, and done so relatively subtly, without showing arrogance. At least, his head wasn't in the cloud, so he were workable.

"Get dressed, and bring a blade. If you want to impress, I'll see your skills in true combat first. A creatures true self, always comes out on the battlefield."

This were about as close to a compliment as he were going to get from her. A tentative approval, of her wanting him to go down too, and to get ready for battle. Seeing how she wanted to see him fight, that too were a compliment, of sorts. Had she not, it meant she considered him too weak to even pretend to care about. Another damage of hers, from the place she had been born and raised. With how many died, to defend their temple, over the years, getting truly attached to someone, were frowned upon. Even those who had foals together, would always have in mind, that the next time they saw their closest, would be on the pyre, as their bodies were burned, according to tradition. Or worse, dragged into the horrors forest, and eventually return as one of the malformed creatures themselves.

As for impressing, Light might have a chance, but he'd need to show his meddle the old fashioned way. Last did not get swayed by honeyed word and flowers. You wanted her approval? Earn it in blood.

On 2022-06-06 at 9:45 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The General turned to Last Stand, "I am at least satisfied with your performance, go rest up, we'll have someone come for you once we hear back from the current ground team, and get you down there on the next flight."

Last would salute the general, in response to his orders. She were a military pony after all, and these were war times. So a general such as this, would get the response his rank deserved. Though she still weren't calling him sir. That sort of respect would have to be earned. Though at times, she would respond with his rank.

"Understood, General. I will be in my quarters. I'd suggest bringing this one too. See if we can't get his hooves dirty, the old fashioned way."

10 hours ago, Kujamih said:

" ah, as you can see my cutie mark is originally a white halo... Which is not visible due to my white fur... Hence me putting a cross on my flank. My cutie mark ability lets me control my lightness... I can be very light to a point I have zero friction... Hence me able to evade quite well, not only that I can control a bit of light..... And light is kinda weird to explain.... But with the right control, you can step on it. I do hope that explains it all." 

Last looked towards him as she said that, raising her eyebrow, slightly, above her closed, likely blinded eye.

"Can you be heavier too, and crush something? Could be useful."

===================================================================

@Illiad Easle

Silver looked relieved to hear that Plein was safe, though cringed inwardly when she was reminded of her failed obligation. "I..." She sighed, "Thank you for checking on her. I'm glad to hear that she's alright." She lowered herself down onto the walkways that the others were on, allowing Briar to better sense her as she walked on her own hooves again rather than using the harness, which is why Briar likely didn't recognize her from before. "It's hard, you know? or maybe you don't, to raise a foal by yourself here. Especially when her father is... was... as important as he... was." she took another deep breath, "At first I smothered her, and caused her to push herself away. Now she's trying to close the gap, and I'm just messing it up. I should have been at her presentation today."

Briar almost blinked, as he felt Silver getting closer, and the harness were disconnected. It helped him a good deal more, figuring out who this pony were. Combined with the closer access to her smell, he could in fact, say that he had in fact met her before. He had just forgotten it. A social mistake of his, but hopefully one she would not judge him overly harshly on. Though it seemed she were far more busy, judging herself, as it were.

"I am afraid, I do not know. I have no offspring of my own, and due to me being one of the mutations, rather than a typical evergrown, I never knew my parents. Per tradition, I were thrown into the pit, with the other snaproots, until I were grown enough to become a useful slave.

But to return to the topic at hoof, I sincerely apologize, for my comment, and what it seems to cause of pain for you, Miss Studs. It were not my intention to do so. I am sure you are doing the best you can, but are merely struggling finding the correct balance. Earth Mother be willing, you will soon find it, and have a blessed connection with your daughter, from there on.

And you have my deepest condolences, about your husband. I cannot imagine your pain, yet I offer my sympathies."

Blitz would figure these topics were a bit too rough for her liking, so she's focus on the harness instead, and inspected it visually. Gave her a few ideas, for some other projects, and the others some time, without her trying to spin things in a happy fashion. Which were a little hard, when the three subjects were slavery, death, and the struggles of parenting.

She shook her head, "I shouldn't burden you with my personal matters, there's still a lot of repairs that need to be done, thank you again for your help." She turned towards Blitz, "I'll be busy for a bit with all this, so it may be a few days before I'll need your help again, but I'm sure you've got plenty to keep yourself busy in the mean time, right?"

If they didn't have anything else to say to her she'd lift herself back up and head off deeper into the pipeworks to continue repairs.

"Actually, might I be of help? I am not a technical creature, yet I feel compelled to assist, in what ways I can. Worry not, that I cannot see. I sense things well, and have tools at my disposal, that might be useful."

He'd slide the vines out from his back, as well as activate his magic. Something which caused the flower on his head to glow, and flow, as if the wind blew over it. A green aura would grab a nearby thing off the ground, and float it, in much the same way regular pony magic might, albeit it were weaker. He could not lift as heavy burdens as ponies could.

"Brittle still needs time, to collect her thoughts. The simplicity of me working, might well help her to understand, that things are calm and safe once more.

I can find other things, if needed, but if it would give you even a few minutes more, to spend with your daughter, rather than work, I will gladly assist here, for as long as needed."

"I could help too! If not that, I'll go make fireworks instead. I bet the hurt ponies need something cheery, to feel better after all of this ruckus."

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Can you be heavier too, and crush something? Could be useful."

@Blitz Boom

" Ohhh, I seem to have made the steel maiden took an interest in me." He slyly said.

" Yes I can.... But from experience.... I won't be doing that anytime sooner... But I can make anything that touches me become heavy or Light... So if you wanna mess around with me, I can make it hard or easy for you." He smirked. 

" Once you've experienced my skills, the battlefield will never be the same without me."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

"Could be useful for removing obstacles, or wounded.

But it takes more than that, to be memorable in battle. I've seen nothing but death and war, since before I could walk, so a few tricks, won't impress me.

Stand covered in the blood of your enemies, and our wounded on your back. Then we'll talk."

Taking life were nothing to her. Important at times, but death were an inevitable thing, and taking it were trivial. Though she could be impressed by efficiency, and fervor. Saving lives though, whilst on the battlefield? That would get her attention. She could respect those who did not just know how to cut down their enemies, but also knew the value in saving your own. That was the sort of soldier, that one wanted along with them on the battlefield.

Still, he had obviously gotten her attention. Otherwise, she would not give him guidance on what to do, to start earning her respect. Nor be willing to watch how he did now, if battle ensued.

They were not magically besties, but he were making an impression. IN parts because she could see the usage of his abilities, in an actual combat zone. That were always a good start.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom

General Quarters didn't look too pleased by the back and forth between Light and Stand, he gave Stand a look that indicated his somewhat incredulous feelings towards Stand inviting Light to join her, but he shrugged. "Alright, that's enough. Both of you get rested up, someone will come around to get you when it's time to send the next group down." He focused a look at Light, "If you end up getting yourself hurt down there because you cheated your way through the course, I'm not sending anyone after you. So for your sake, I hope you're genuinely as good as you claim to be. Dismissed."

With that he turned his attention to the next applicants in line, leaving the pair to get ready for the trip.

@-Solstice-

The stallion would nod at her report, jotting down notes as she gave it, "I'll pass your recommendation and discoveries along. Now, are you good to keep going? Or do you need to be cycled out? I'm sure once they hear what you've found they'll want to send an expedition deeper into the structure, see if there's anything else they can salvage, like that armor you've found."

If she elected to get cycled out, the pegasus in her group as well as the unicorn from the other group would go with her back to the aircraft, while the griffon stayed with the two guards from the other group to keep the landing area secure until they would return.

The ride back up to the Project was far less eventful than the ride down. It was almost eerie how smoothly it went. Once they arrived, the stallion that she had given her report to would relay the report to General Quarters, who would then set everything in motion for the next group to go down.

If Spiral elected to stay put, she'd be able to wait with the others who stayed behind, sitting in a circle around a bowl of fire opals to keep them warm while they kept an eye on the surroundings, waiting for the next group to come down so they could continue exploring.

@-Solstice- @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

About two hours later the aircraft reached the Project, and the reports were relayed to everyone that needed to know, then guards were dispatched to retrieve Last Stand and Light from their respective quarters, bringing them back to the hanger for their briefing before they disembarked. "Here's what we know. The structures below are clearly ancient in nature and design, quite possibly the ruins of the unicorn homeland due to the extent of the magical constructs still active. That said, we have reason to believe that there may be active Wendigos in the area, so keep your wits about you and try not to attract their attention. Furthermore, while we've gained entrance to the main structure, we do not know all the secrets it contains, there may yet be many traps within. Your mission is first to free the Project from whatever's holding it. Everyone aboard is counting on you. Secondary objective is to recover anything of value of importance that you can, and prepare it for safe extraction. This of course cannot come at the expense of your primary objective. Stars guide your path, and Good Luck."

With that, they, along with a pegasus mare and a doe, boarded the aircraft to head down to the frozen surface, rejoining with the team on the ground after a short journey.

( @-Solstice- your involvement here depends on your choice before.)

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-06-07 at 3:04 PM, Blitz Boom said:

And you have my deepest condolences, about your husband. I cannot imagine your pain, yet I offer my sympathies.

She sighed at that, "No it's... he gave us the chance to get away. If he hadn't gone back... we probably wouldn't have gotten away in the first place. Still, I appreciate your concern."

On 2022-06-07 at 3:04 PM, Blitz Boom said:

I can find other things, if needed, but if it would give you even a few minutes more, to spend with your daughter, rather than work, I will gladly assist here, for as long as needed."

"I could help too! If not that, I'll go make fireworks instead. I bet the hurt ponies need something cheery, to feel better after all of this ruckus."

She seemed hesitant to allow others to help, and especially concerned when Blitz offered, no doubt imagining what could possibly go wrong if the little filly got distracted or even slightly off track, "No, no, it's best if you let the professionals take care of it. Were things not so critical I'd be more than happy to teach you how to help, but as it is there simply isn't the time. Still, I appreciate the offer. If you feel the need to work, it would be best if you went to your assigned area, and worked there. From what I've heard just about every area is reporting injuries and damage. So they can proabably use your help there more than I can here." She turned towards Blitz, "That goes for you too Blitz, I think making some fireworks is a great idea! As soon as we're clear of this problem, there will be quite the reason to celebrate."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Spiral would opt to be cycled out merely so she could inform the others on the project what she had uncovered. Spiral was good to continue, but decided that it would be paramount to inform the others as soon as she could possibly do so. Spiral would be largely silent on the way back to the Project, mulling over what she had uncovered in deep thought. Upon returning to the Project, she would inform the appropriate individuals of her discoveries. She would say that she believes that there indeed Windigoes in the area, among any other possible details she came across while down on the surface. She gave an astoundingly accurate and exceedingly clear description of what she had encountered. Spiral would inevitably head back down to the surface, ready to continue with the mission that lay ahead. 

• Brohoof 1

As they head down, light would do some idle chatting with rest of the passengers, just to break the silence inside the aircraft. That is if the aircraft isn't noisy to begin with. 

He'd talk to the strangers and ask, " so what's your names? It's nice to know one another right? Especially when we're working together down there. The name's White Light, you can call me Light for short." 

Then he'd ask some more questions like,

"so what are you guys here for?"

He was specially curious about Last Stand.

" And how about you ma'am? Seeing your trophies in battle, surely you have a story to tell? But i see that your not the type for idle chatter.... So forgive me if I offended you in anyway."

@-Solstice-

He would notice Spiral in a way that it bugged him, curious if he had met this pony before.

" Say? Have we.... Met before?" He asked Spiral. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Spiral nodded. "My name is Spiral Spell. It is a pleasure to meet you, White Light." she spoke in a formal fashion, raising an eyebrow slightly. She hasn't really interacted with anyone besides mission level work, for a while, really. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

On 2022-06-11 at 7:54 AM, Illiad Easle said:

General Quarters didn't look too pleased by the back and forth between Light and Stand, he gave Stand a look that indicated his somewhat incredulous feelings towards Stand inviting Light to join her, but he shrugged. "Alright, that's enough. Both of you get rested up, someone will come around to get you when it's time to send the next group down." He focused a look at Light, "If you end up getting yourself hurt down there because you cheated your way through the course, I'm not sending anyone after you. So for your sake, I hope you're genuinely as good as you claim to be. Dismissed."

"Seems cold enough to preserve the corpse. Maybe someone would pick him up someday.

I'll be waiting for the call. General."

Last did not care one bit, about the look she were given. He may have the rank, and she'd give him the respect it deserved, to a certain extend. But she did not get intimidated, by a softskin like this. Nor would she change her stance on things. Light wanted to show he had what it took down there? He could come, but like said, he wouldn't get picked up, if he went and got himself killed.

It was his life to do with as he wanted. Though had this been the battlefield she had grown up in, she would've clocked him one, and tossed him into the training yard, to fight the foals. She'd need to see a bare minimum before letting others out there, or they'd be a liability. And there were no room for that, when the manetid could descend upon them at any second, and had no qualms using the weak as distractions or bait.

Hmphm. But they'd see. For now, she had a sword to prepare. Even though realistically, she couldn't sharpen it anymore, and would likely just be oiling and polishing it. She was of the opinion, that unless a sword could cleave a hair in half, it was an inferior blade, and so, she made sure to keep her blade sharp, between fights. A few had learned that the hard way, by trying to handle her blade, and gotten cut by the blade pressing against them. Nothing fatal or permanently damaging... So far, but blood had been spilled.

And it wasn't by her letting them hold it themselves. She wouldn't let anyone do that. It were more idiots thinking they could stop her swing, by grabbing her blade, or would prevent her from using it, if they had it stuck. It were generally speaking, seen as a bad idea. Even for those who had succeeded, in making her sword unusable, as she'd then just use her head. Literally. She headbutted a fair few, overly cocky creatures, thinking they now had her.

Training aside, she'd look towards Light briefly as the last, before going on her way, and waiting for the call.

===============================================================

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @-Solstice-

On 2022-06-11 at 7:54 AM, Illiad Easle said:

About two hours later the aircraft reached the Project, and the reports were relayed to everyone that needed to know, then guards were dispatched to retrieve Last Stand and Light from their respective quarters, bringing them back to the hanger for their briefing before they disembarked. "Here's what we know. The structures below are clearly ancient in nature and design, quite possibly the ruins of the unicorn homeland due to the extent of the magical constructs still active. That said, we have reason to believe that there may be active Wendigos in the area, so keep your wits about you and try not to attract their attention. Furthermore, while we've gained entrance to the main structure, we do not know all the secrets it contains, there may yet be many traps within. Your mission is first to free the Project from whatever's holding it. Everyone aboard is counting on you. Secondary objective is to recover anything of value of importance that you can, and prepare it for safe extraction. This of course cannot come at the expense of your primary objective. Stars guide your path, and Good Luck."

Extracting objects safely... Alright, long as it did not stop her from the primary objective, she'd oblige with that.

Where she were from, they did not have any sort of object, that were sacred to them. Their history were mostly spoken from memories, or in the stories they read to the foals at night, before they were combat ready. Even the statue they had of the first commander, had been happily used to impale one of the manetid high commanders, with a cheer.

That said, they did have one thing, which tended to be considered important to them, historically: And that were the armor, and weaponry, of the generations before them. The longer it had been in the family line, the better, and the armor she had shown up in here, had dated all the way back to the founding of the temple. Originally given to her elder sister, as she were the strongest, and most fit for it. A decision Last had agreed upon, and didn't question. But when she had fallen during the attacks, Last had ensured that her sisters corpse were taken with her, and not just left to rot on the ground. And once there had been time for her to burn her sister, as were tradition, she had adorned the armor. Had lasted well too, but it showed its age, and she needed to wear this instead currently, as it were more practically viable. Even with the warm clothes underneath/over it (depending on the things they got there).

Point being, that she got the idea of preserving some things, and would do so here too. Though she would judge it, if it only had historical value, and not combat value. This were still wartime. They needed to focus on getting something that'd help them win that war, first and foremost.

On 2022-06-11 at 7:11 PM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral would opt to be cycled out merely so she could inform the others on the project what she had uncovered. Spiral was good to continue, but decided that it would be paramount to inform the others as soon as she could possibly do so. Spiral would be largely silent on the way back to the Project, mulling over what she had uncovered in deep thought. Upon returning to the Project, she would inform the appropriate individuals of her discoveries. She would say that she believes that there indeed Windigoes in the area, among any other possible details she came across while down on the surface. She gave an astoundingly accurate and exceedingly clear description of what she had encountered. Spiral would inevitably head back down to the surface, ready to continue with the mission that lay ahead. 

Last would listen to this too, without saying something. She needed what intel were available. Especially on these Wendigos, as she knew little to nothing of them. Rage spirits, or something of the sort, far as she had heard. They did not have them, in the area she knew. There were plenty of other things though, that had hopefully been eradicated, since her and the others, had left the valley behind. Having the horrors spread, or the manetid find other areas to swarm, would prove troublesome. Especially if their queen were still alive.

On 2022-06-12 at 12:03 AM, Kujamih said:

As they head down, light would do some idle chatting with rest of the passengers, just to break the silence inside the aircraft. That is if the aircraft isn't noisy to begin with. 

He'd talk to the strangers and ask, " so what's your names? It's nice to know one another right? Especially when we're working together down there. The name's White Light, you can call me Light for short." 

Then he'd ask some more questions like,

"so what are you guys here for?"

He was specially curious about Last Stand.

" And how about you ma'am? Seeing your trophies in battle, surely you have a story to tell? But i see that your not the type for idle chatter.... So forgive me if I offended you in anyway."

"I grew up with a sword in reach, fighting for the eternal grace, of her majesty, Princess Luna. Honored be her memory."

Last gritted her teeth a little, as she said the last part. It hurt her still, to think that the princess had fallen. Even though she had dismissed them, and said their duty were done, they were still loyal to her every word, and adored her still. It weren't an easy one to accept, that the one they had followed so devoted, were no longer with them anymore. But sadly, she had no reason to mistrust the reports, and this were ar. War had casualties. The best she could do now, were to remember her, and honor the princesses name, as well as what she stood for. Not the cute and cuddly version that the general Equestrians had thought. No, the real princess. The one who had to carry a heavy burden, and make tough decisions.

If she survived this war, she would find a way to honor that, and rebuild her order, in some fashion. At least, that were the only goal she could yet see for herself, if she somehow survived. Though she felt rather certain, that she'd die in battle before that. Though she wasn't going to go down, without a fight.

"I've fought monsters, traitors, and heretics, since I were five, and had more blood on my hooves, before this war, than most would see in a lifetime.

You want stories? I only share those, after a good battle. We'll see if that happens."

Urgh, she were not used to being this wordy, but she supposed, war veteran or not, she were still a pony. She had an instinctual need for socializing, that were not often done anything with, due to not a lot wanting to speak with her. Seemed some more slipped through now, that someone did. A little annoying frankly, but whatever. She had no secrets, that could be used against her. Didn't matter what slipped out. Including the deal with her eye.

Most thought she were blind on it, but that weren't really it. It were more that she had gotten cut there, some years past, and had to wear the gauze and eyewear for so long, that when she tried to open it, the light felt like knives in her skull. As there weren't time to try and help her adjust to things, she had instead adapted to just keeping it closed. It were still functional, but she tended to only be able to open it up fully, when it were pitch black darkness. Someday she should probably look into this, but... Meh. What rush were there? It were still in her socket. If she ever bothered, she'd have time.

And to return to the here and now: The other one, that Light then started to speak to? Last didn't say anything. Her iron-like gaze fell upon the mare, and judged her soft, then let her and Light speak away, to their hearts contend. She didn't see a reason to speak up.

=======================================================

@Illiad Easle

Blitz would be giddy, and turned around, rushing off without a word. Unless you counted her giggling, which admittedly, made the small hairs, on the back of Briar's neck, stand up. He felt like something bad might come of this... Mayhap he were just paranoid though. Something about the young mare, spelled out trouble. Primarily the smell, he supposed.

"If you insist, I shall bother you no more then, Miss Studs. Though please, if you have need of me, by all means, send word, and I shall answer the call. We will return to the agricultural area for the time being, and see if there is need for us, in the fields. Until then, I wish you all the best, and pray to the Earth Mother, that your family affairs, will improve in the coming times."

Briar would retract his vines to his body once more as he spoke, and then give a deep, cordial bow, towards Silver. Were there nothing else, he'd return to where Brittle and him usually worked. Were the trip there uneventful, she'd return to her senses too, and be walking in with him, albeit clinging so near him, that one could think she were attempting to break through his outer shell, and slump into his body.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

While their trip to the agricultural area was uneventful, when he arrived at the fields he'd find it a terrible mess. A lot of the crops had been uprooted prematurely by the sudden stop, along with the farming equipment and supplies having been thrown about the area. Wildebeast was there, visibly injured, along with about half of the other agricultural workers, working feverishly to replant as many of the dislodged crops as they could, and doing what they could to salvage the rest.

Wildebeast looked relieved to see Briar and Brittle, "There you are! I was worried the stop had hurt you bad. C'mon, we need your talents more now than ever. I'm sure you know what needs to be done." 

With that he would get right back to work, wholly ignoring his own injuries, as he limped along working as hard and fast as he could.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @-Solstice-

In regards to Light's initial questions, the doe's name was Ficus, and she was a historian. The goal was for her to use her guiding magic (Like the clairvoyance spell in Skyrim) to get them to their objective. The pegasus mare's name was Starburst, previously a weather pony specializing in snowstorms who was now a guard. She was meant to stay in the base camp and keep the ice and snow at a stable amount in the landing zone so they could maintain transport to and from the Project.

Once on the ground the stallion in charge quickly put the others to work before directing Last Stand, White Light, Ficus, and Spiral, to head in to the palace and try and find what they could.

Ficus the doe was already shivering before they even landed, despite the heavy coat she had been issued. Nonetheless she'd follow the group into the palace. Once inside she would close her eyes and take a deep breath, "Give me a moment to try and find the path. Something here is using a lot of magic, which is making it difficult. I imagine the closer we get to it the harder it will be."

She was silent for a minute, moving her head all about and walking in small circles, before nodding, "This place is a real labyrinth, but I think I know where we need to go."

(All directions will be cardinal, rather than relative. They entered the structure from the East.)

Ficus would lead them South down the long, featureless hallway until it turned at the end to the West, to another featureless hallway, at the end of which it turned South and narrowed by about half. Then it turned West again. While the ice was gone it was still cold and still within the structure, until the silence was broken, "Hark! Behold! These approaching visitors,"

While the voice was jovial, there was something off about it, like it was distorted in some way. An image, like a projection, of a short unicorn in jester's attire, appeared on the wall next to them. The garb hid the jester's appearance such that they couldn't tell their coloration or mark, though the voice indicated it was a stallion. They wore a smiling mask that covered their mouth and eyes. "How I pity you unwitting prisoners. I see from behind these bars just how deprived of freedom you four are. Oh woe is me."

Ficus was startled by the appearance, wondering what the others would make of it.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Spiral would have remained mostly silent and observant throughout the whole affair leading up to the mysterious appearance of the jester like stallion. Such a thing was not unprecedented in her eyes. Obviously, someone intelligent was behind this whole situation. The ponies around her were interesting, and she wanted to have more of a fitting conversation with them but did not find the time to do so currently. Spiral couldn't help but smirk at the jester's smile. "Likely not a stallion, but a Windigo. They want us to be divided. That's what this whole thing is about!" Spiral shouted in sudden realization.

"All of the factions aboard the vessel, the competing claims for power! All lead us here, because we are divided! The key to this is simple, we cease our quarrels. United we stand, Divided we fall! To defeat Windigoes, we need love and friendship, that's just all we need. I know it sounds cheesy, but that's how we do it!" Spiral roared in jubilation into the hulls, a righteous smile across her face. "It just so happens that Chaos and Division go hand in hand, don't they?" she asked, simply.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I've fought monsters, traitors, and heretics, since I were five, and had more blood on my hooves, before this war, than most would see in a lifetime.

You want stories? I only share those, after a good battle. We'll see if that happens."

@Blitz Boom

Light would smile while listening to her story and give her a parting word.

" Let your scars be your strength and not your weakness... The pain will not last forever."

He would live it at that as he sees that Last Stand isn't really up to talking to him that much and might turn her off.

@Blitz Brigade@Illiad Easle @-Solstice-

@Blitz Boom

Once on the ground, they immediately went to work and saw that Ficus was having a hard time at the cold, so was Light since it disrupts his lights surrounding his facade.

Upon hearing that the cold was magic based, he would release a black shard on his forehead, making him resemble a unicorn with a horn of a changeling (chrysalis's horn to be precise.)

The horn would absorb none changeling magic around a close proximity of Light.

" Anyone who wants to rest from the bitting cold come near me! I can protect you with my magic." He announced.

Of course he already saw Ficus getting cold, so he went near her first.

" You okay? Is it still cold for you?"

He would look if the rest require his assistance and help aid them in their burden. 

" Steel Maiden, warmth is present by my side if you wished to be sheathed within my magic of warmth." Light tried to charm Last Stand.

" You okay there Starburst? Fly a little closer to me so I can share the warmth with you."

He'd also call Spiral's attention to join in.

" It's more fun in a close and warm group to traverse the frigid cold."

Soon after a weird jester would interrupt them.

Light would try to detect where this transmission is being given, to know where this Jester Truly is. 

Light would join in with Spiral's speech against the jester.

" Yeah! Love and friendship!..... Yeah now that you mentioned it. It is kinda cheezy... But never the less effective!" He'd then smile and give a brohoof to Spiral. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Urgh, he could just feel it, as he approached. This whole place was a mess, from top to bottom. Plants just sprayed all around, worker frantically trying to get it all planted, and hope it still worked... What an ordeal this would be. Silver had been correct, in saying that he were needed in his own department. This whole place needed their presence. And judging by what he felt, regarding the plants... Him specifically.

"You shall have our full support. Yet you must think of your own injury too, Wildebeast. I can feel you are injured. If it gets worse, sit down, or I shall make you. The plants will make it. Your leg might not however, if you strain it too much, and as a friend, please understand I am concerned."

With that said, he'd raise his neck, as well as his voice, to try and get some attention.

"I beseech everyone that can hear me: Those plants who are hurt the worst, gather them near one another, rather than discard them. I may be able to save them."

He had been drained yesterday, yet... *sigh* He needed to try. It would make him too weak to fight, or do a lot for at least a few hours though, and he'd need to feast upon a larger quantity of meat, than he were used to, yet it should be possible. As long as none of the others began to try and take things into their own hooves. That dark part of history, were not one he wished to repeat, by short sighted, desperate beings.

Until then however, he would have work to do with the general crop.

He'd instruct Brittle to follow him, and use her magic to pull in all the crops she could see. He'd use his magic the same way, and once they were within reach, use his vines to replant them. Except for those, who seemed heavily damage, whom he'd have gathered for themselves. Hopefully there were not so much that could not survive without him, that it would require him to pick and choose... He'd abhor the situation.

Though maybe they were lucky, and some of what had been recently harvested from him, would come from the lab? Though truly, seeing how other decks were likely as damaged, they were probably having it stretch thin as it were. He'd have to rely on himself, currently. And all the other workers too here, of course. He meant solely in the case of his essence, being useful.

But before that, he needed to focus on the menial work, and work as diligently, and thoroughly as he could, whilst maintaining speed. Heh. Almost reminded him of home, during the hurricane. Just with less chains, and others yelling to him and others, to reinforce more, lest the entire town would collapse.

========================================================

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @-Solstice-

On 2022-06-15 at 5:45 AM, Kujamih said:

" Let your scars be your strength and not your weakness... The pain will not last forever."

"If you don't think pain lasts forever, you've never had to see your family die."

She had. First her father, torn to shreds by a manetid, right in front of her, when she were nine. Her mother, tentacles slammed around her, and dragged screaming and kicking into the forest of horrors, when she were ten... One she had never seen again, and actively prayed had been killed, as the alternative were far worse. And then a few months back, there were her elder sister, who had helped train and protect her, as they grew up, and roared together out on the battlefield... Head cleanly severed, by one of Discord's monsters.

The only comfort Last had, were that they were (hopefully) all at peace, and that at least her sisters death, had been quick, and painless. It were too sudden for her to have felt it. Least she hoped so.

All three of these, hurt her, even though she didn't show it. Yet she felt pride too, and would remember their lives more, than their deaths. All had they fought for what were right, and had fallen in combat, protecting others. She were proud of them, even if she missed them, and at times, felt an aching pain behind the pride, at their loss.

One day, if she lived long enough to find a stallion, and have foals of her own, she hoped they would remember her the same. As well as hear her tales of the past, and understand their legacy.

Though it were somewhat of a tall order, considering she would only ever be with a stallion, whom she truly, wholeheartedly respected. It may well be for other reasons than combat though. She had found herself finding small, yet surprising degrees of respect for others, who had never lifted a blade, on The Æther. Doctors who worked through pain to save others. Tacticians, saving lives when there were those things, they had to fight. The tireless farmers, that busted their flanks from sun up, to sun down, with nary a thought for themselves... She would not say they had earned the most respect she had ever given another, but she were starting to find herself, being seemingly more openminded, about what kind of thing, one could get respect for, from her. To a certain degree.

On 2022-06-14 at 9:33 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Ficus would lead them South down the long, featureless hallway until it turned at the end to the West, to another featureless hallway, at the end of which it turned South and narrowed by about half. Then it turned West again. While the ice was gone it was still cold and still within the structure, until the silence was broken, "Hark! Behold! These approaching visitors,"

While the voice was jovial, there was something off about it, like it was distorted in some way. An image, like a projection, of a short unicorn in jester's attire, appeared on the wall next to them. The garb hid the jester's appearance such that they couldn't tell their coloration or mark, though the voice indicated it was a stallion. They wore a smiling mask that covered their mouth and eyes. "How I pity you unwitting prisoners. I see from behind these bars just how deprived of freedom you four are. Oh woe is me."

Ficus was startled by the appearance, wondering what the others would make of it.

Going outside, Last too felt the freezing temperatures, despite her armor, and the winter clothing she had been given.

Ice and snow, were something she still weren't all that thrilled about. Had never been either, where she had grown up. At worst, there would be a stiff, late autumn sort of wind and cold, but never snow. Not long as she had lived at least. Why that were, she had no idea though. Never been something that seemed important to find out.

As for this situation... It were bloody cold, but she'd gnash her teeth, and push on. The sooner they'd get into taction, the sooner she'd get some warmth the old fashioned way.

And the first thing that did happen... Were not helping. An image of a jester, mocking them in some fashion... Were this a joke? She were not laughing, if it were.

"Speak clearly, or get lost. We got no time for fools."

Were he here in person, she would likely have cracked his mask with her hoof, stomping into his face. Yet this were but a projection. A mockery. Peh, what a waste of their time, to interact with what were at best, a distraction. And yes, she were looking around, with that idea in mind, thinking others might be closing in on them, while they focused on this tool.

" Steel Maiden, warmth is present by my side if you wished to be sheathed within my magic of warmth." Light tried to charm Last Stand.

" You okay there Starburst? Fly a little closer to me so I can share the warmth with you."

He'd also call Spiral's attention to join in.

" It's more fun in a close and warm group to traverse the frigid cold."

"Hmph. Can't swing a sword, huddled up like that. I'll pass."

She considered saying something harsher, but as if she really cared. Frankly, she were more interested in the shard, she saw protruding from his head That were not normal pony behavior... So what were this one? One of those tricksters... Kitsune, yes. Were he one of those, and he were playing games with them? She seemed to recall someone saying, there were at least one of those, somewhere on The Øther. Could be this one. Or could be a rumor. Like she cared enough to check.

Might be she had to take it into consideration now though, if that turned out to be the identity of this one. A pony he certainly weren't. But what else? This were her only bet thus far, beyond changeling. Neither sounded promising.

On 2022-06-14 at 10:51 PM, Spiral Spell said:

"Likely not a stallion, but a Windigo. They want us to be divided. That's what this whole thing is about!" Spiral shouted in sudden realization.

"All of the factions aboard the vessel, the competing claims for power! All lead us here, because we are divided! The key to this is simple, we cease our quarrels. United we stand, Divided we fall! To defeat Windigoes, we need love and friendship, that's just all we need. I know it sounds cheesy, but that's how we do it!" Spiral roared in jubilation into the hulls, a righteous smile across her face. "It just so happens that Chaos and Division go hand in hand, don't they?" she asked, simply.

"This is a wendigo? I imagined they were taller.

And I don't hug, and sing songs, like I hear you city dwellers do. I fight with will and iron. Never failed to kill something yet."

If this enemy were a wendigo, and they could literally only be fought with love, and friendship... Well, she were gonna be next to useless here now, weren't she?

Wasn't helping that she glared at the mare who said they should be using such things, as if she believed the mare to be crazy.

" Yeah! Love and friendship!..... Yeah now that you mentioned it. It is kinda cheezy... But never the less effective!" He'd then smile and give a brohoof to Spiral. 

"You know you're both crazy, right?"

Might be they needed to detain these two... Could be they were getting affected by some sort of odd magic.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

If you don't think pain lasts forever, you've never had to see your family die."

" Pshhh please.... YOU'VE never had to see your world die. Before you lecture about death with me, step on my level Filly." Light gave an ominous yet creepy smile towards Last Stand. A creepy glimpse of Light's aura can be seen by last Stand as it resembles the chaotic nature of the battlefield. Clearly he is no ordinary pony. 

30 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Hmph. Can't swing a sword, huddled up like that. I'll pass."

" If you can't swing the sword huddled together... Dosn't that just mean you're not good with a sword?"

For Light, his insults are more of a jest, so he could know more about the pony around him, he wouldn't mind if the pony he insulted would be offended, since he knows what he did. He actually prefer that. Because he could easily know the raw personality of someone through rage, anger, grief, and sorrow. Because this emotions are hard to lie about. 

@-Solstice-@Blitz Boom

36 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

You know you're both crazy, right

" You catch up quite Slowly, Last Stand. Everyone here is crazy. Who in there right mind would go down from here?" Light smirked.

He continued to ask Last Stand. 

" Tell me steel maiden? Would you raise your sword with someone who isn't crazy enough to fight by your side and run away from danger? Or a friend who is crazy enough to join you in a battle?"

He then looked at Spiral.

" That's why I don't mind raising my sword to whom you called crazy. I got your back Spiral! The last thing we need in this team is a division, don't jeopardize the mission Last Stand. You're a soldier right, Last Stand? If you're required to dance you dance, if you're required to kill you kill. And now you're required to fight a wendigo... Do your part Last Stand."

This time Light's attitude became serious and is focused on the mission. Quite hard to stomach in since he was quite carefree before. 

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Spiral casually smiled. "Oh, Light's right. Everyone's crazy, with all that has happened...I wouldn't doubt it if I was crazier than a lot of the ones onboard. Oh, I know for sure I am. With what-" she cut herself off, not wanting to speak of her origins. "But, Last Stand may be right. If friendship and love fails, than we should have no mercy for whatever threatens the project." Spiral said, boldly.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Wildebeast shook off Briar's concern, "I've survived worse, the whole Project depends on this food."

The others looked when Briar called out about being able to save some of the more damaged crops, and would start bringing over the ones that they would otherwise discard.

With Briar and Brittle's help, they would be able to save 75% of the crops before adding in Brair's essence, and about half of what remained could be saved with his essence. While it would leave him depleted, he wouldn't quite run out before they replanted the last crop on the last level. The rest of the workers would leave Wildebeast and Briar to rest while they set to work filling in the empty spaces with some fast growing crops to offset the losses. The creatures aboard the Project would just have to get used to more radishes and spinach than they were used to.

Wildebeast was very winded at the end, and was really starting to show his age, but also his strength in persevering, "You know, I've never seen a doctor before, maybe now would be a good time to start." He chuckled at that, "Good work you two, we couldn't have done it without you."

@Kujamih

The cold was in fact not magic based, but Ficus appreciated the warmth nonetheless.

In searching for a source for the Jester, Light would be able to tell that it came from the North. There happened to be a hallway heading that way.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @-Solstice-

The jester on the wall's expression didn't change, as it was hidden by the smiling mask, but they got the impression that he was amused by their bickering.

"Love? Friendship? Ha! The tools of a fool, or a jester. Yet if those are your weapons of choice you've clearly come unarmed!"

The jester laughed at that, then clapped his hooves together. Suddenly all the magical torches that had been illuminating the hallways went dark. The jester though was clearly visible as the projection seemed to leap off the wall and dance around them in the darkness. "In the dark only blind eyes see, but there's a game we can play that will set minds free!"

"You need to find the key, key, key, unlock the door, door. Step outside with me, be a pawn no more. Mind your hp 'cause I'm keeping score. I've never had such fun FUN before!"

Toward the end the projection danced down the hallway heading North, then disappeared.

Ficus seemed notably shaken by the experience, both by the fighting, the darkness, and the jester himself. "We need to work together guys, but for the record I don't think that was a wendigo. Wendigos don't tend to talk that much, much less like that."

She would try to reorient herself as the Jester had broken her concentration, "I still can't tell exactly how we should go, I just know what we want is around..." She pointed North by North West, "That way" 

If they headed North down the hallway that the jester projection had gone down, they'd soon have a choice in the form of a crossroads, they could continue North, East, or West.

Ficus stopped in the crossroads, "He said something about a key, do you think that's important? Maybe we have to find a key to get to where we need to go?" She sighed, "I feel, something, nearby, about..." She pointed North West, "That way. Maybe it's important? Or maybe it's a trap?"

• Brohoof 2