Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @-HeedGreen-

On 2022-08-14 at 12:19 AM, Illiad Easle said:

It was otherwise silent in the room. When Last went to touch Ficus, the doe took in a sharp breath, sluggishly pushing herself up, she looked pale, likely due to all the blood she had lost, though the color was returning to her as she stared at the scar in her chest, which had stopped bleeding, but still remained as an obvious scar, "W- what...? I... I thought..."

Her expression shifted to horror and anger as she looked at Light, "Y-you, you stabbed me?"

Something shifted within her, with a golden glow her short deer tail was replaced by a fluffy kitsune tail, "Th-that's... different."

Last were not one that got spooked easily, but seeing Ficus suddenly take a sharp breath, after what were clearly a killing blow, made her eye twitch. She must admit, that had she a dagger at her ready by then, she might well have stabbed Ficus herself, purely by instinct. The undead were not a pleasant thing to fight. Though in fairness, she would likely have aimed for a leg. Still not ideal, but y'know, better than stabbing someone fatally, like certain others did.

As it were though, she had not a dagger at the ready, and her sword were in its scabbard, whilst the one she had scavenged were on her back. Neither were at the ready, so she her wits caught up far before she had the chance to even make a motion to draw either.

Unless she pushed Last away, she would try and help the mare up whom should clearly have been dead. Seeing how she breathed, Last did not think her undead, and thus, were not worried from that angle, as the color slowly began to return to the mares face, and her wound seemed to magically close.

"Ancestors be praised. It seems the kitsune, have granted you a mercy, Ficus."

Or were inhabiting her corpse, and used it so that she could spy on their progress. A thought which came after, when Ficus had her small deer tail replaced, by the fluffy, luscious tail, of a kitsune. An upgrade, far as Last were concerned, as those were quite a bit more dashing, though it still made her think this one perhaps being a possessed corpse. Nothing she'd act upon, nor voice though. She had no reason to. Either this were a safety measure, and Ficus would still be dead when they left. Potentially trapped here, by some binding magic. Or she were actually alive, and had been granted another leash on life. So either status quo, or an improvement. In times like these, it were a glimmer of sorely needed wonder, rather than the constant stream of death and misery, that had befallen the world. Might as well let it last, long as it could.

On 2022-08-15 at 7:08 AM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral would turn and walk up to the door and use her magic to carve out a portion of the door into an extremely sharp dagger that could easily be hidden. Her shadow magic was on clear display. After she was finished with the creation of her weapon, she quickly hid it away to prevent anyone else from seeing it, then looking to Ficus who had apparently been revived. "It appears you are revived from Light's pointless attacks against you. The Kitsune here and the Jester are not our enemy. Let's finish what we need to do here, okay?" Spiral asked calmly, looking over everyone.

Looking over at Spiral, the mare might be able to see a rare, fleeting look of appreciation, in Last's eye. It were good to have one on this trip, whom she could agree with on so many things, and whom in situations such as this, remained calm, collected, and focused on the objective at hoof. She sincerely hoped that this mare would survive. if not, Last were fairly sure she'd actually feel bad for a time. Been a while since a fallen comrade had made her feel that.

"I'm ready to go, when everyone's in position. It's gonna get dangerous past that door."

On 2022-08-15 at 10:05 AM, Kujamih said:

Light was confused at first... Then got really furious...

" How am I going to kill you now kitsune... Tsk I already had an elaborate plan on killing you... I was really eager for this plan... And yet you managed to evade death..." He inhales and exhaled quite deeply.

" Ahh I see .... I see the path I need to take.... Yes I believe this will do... I will follow your script..." The pony seems to be going mad as if there's someone else he is talking too.

"So what's next?" He casually asked everyone. 

"I just told you. Stay in the back, and cover our flanks. Get near Ficus again, and I'll cut you."

She glared at Light still. Ficus seemingly being alive, did not change his crimes. He would still be reported, if he did not give himself up. And she were certainly not letting him get the chance to finish what he started.

Soon as folks were ready, she'd lead the way in. Unless someone had a light, that wanted to. In which case, she'd move along with them, at their side. She needed to be ready for something charging in, to avoid more death, if possible. And ideally, she'd hope the non-combatants would stay back, and not try to get into danger.

• Brohoof 2

@-HeedGreen- @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Ficus took a moment to compose herself, she was appreciative of her companions' concern for her, and more than a bit miffed at her murderer's nonchalance toward the whole thing. "Not so much as an apology? Not even a hint of remorse? I had the right sense of you from the beginning, rotten to your core, and a plague on the rest of us. We'd almost be safer continuing without you."

In regards to Last's comment, she nodded, "I remember, I saw you all get controlled by the kitsune, I tried to stop Light from attacking wildly, I was worried he'd hit one of you two, and maybe it wasn't a smart plan, then he..." she shuddered, "Then I was in a white room, the kitsune spoke to me, said she'd save my life if I promised to save another. There's a pony trapped here, I won't make you all help me, but I'm going to do what I can to save her."

She headed towards the door, "I can see much clearer now, see where we need to go. This place get's even more labyrinthian going forward. Stay close."

She led them into the next room, a large chamber containing a smaller version of the massive statue outside as well as a dozen dead unicorns, their bodies preserved by the cold, but looking similarly drained to the ones that they had seen before. They were all facing away from the statue.

They exited through the far end of the chamber, turning South, then East, then South, then East, the South for a long way, then east again. The arcitecture shifted suddenly, the carved stone giving way to more intricate, yet more weathered stonework. They seemed to have entered an older part of the palace. They also started to see corpses scattered about the hallways and rooms they passed. All facing the way they were going.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Spiral looked to Ficus in agreement. "For far too long I was focused on preserving my own life for as long as possible. I managed to do just that - and even got a second chance at it, and I'm not about to let that go to waste. I'll help you find this pony and free them." she spoke in a calm manner, and looked back to Light. 

"It would be in your best interest to not touch anything and just stay silent. That would do us all a favor. When we get back, I am sure Last and Ficus here will like to tell those aboard of what transpired here, along with your reckless disregard for any life other than your own. Maybe in some weird, sick way, you are trying to help - but for your sake, I suggest you just stay silent." Spiral said, with a glare as she looked to Light, then proceeded to follow Ficus along.

Looking out over the bodies they found, and the other corpses they encountered later on in the older section of the palace, Spiral would come up with an idea. "They were running from something, clearly. Hopefully something that's still not here. We still have to find out how to get the Project free." she spoke to them.

In her mind, she was also going through her mind. She intended to assassinate Apollo and take his spot as leader of the Project. She believes that she has seen enough to attempt to try to get many to follow her, she was going to take the Kitsune and Jester's words to heart. War only brings desolation, and they are surrounded by it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @-HeedGreen-

" sigh played by the kitsune..." Light would follow, as he silently ponder and schemes his next plot. 

Light was not bothered at what everyone is saying... At this point Light would not have any idea if what he is seeing or hearing is true, since he was not sure if this is still the kitsune's illusion. 

Before they'de go deeper, Light would leave some small chunks of his Black shards stuck on the ground. 

On 2022-08-17 at 5:29 AM, Illiad Easle said:

In regards to Last's comment, she nodded, "I remember, I saw you all get controlled by the kitsune, I tried to stop Light from attacking wildly, I was worried he'd hit one of you two, and maybe it wasn't a smart plan, then he..." she shuddered, "Then I was in a white room, the kitsune spoke to me, said she'd save my life if I promised to save another. There's a pony trapped here, I won't make you all help me, but I'm going to do what I can to save her."

"Nexus, yeah? Gave my word I'd help her, and I stand by it. We'll get her out."

Their own freedom were also contingent on it, but still, she had given her word, and she'd stand by it. And if this were Ficus, and she were really alive again, then she had her own reasons for going in to help. One that Last could respect. A life for a life. A reasonable bargain, considering the unjust way, that Ficus had been cut down. In her position, Last would've agreed to the terms as well.

On 2022-08-17 at 7:40 PM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral looked to Ficus in agreement. "For far too long I was focused on preserving my own life for as long as possible. I managed to do just that - and even got a second chance at it, and I'm not about to let that go to waste. I'll help you find this pony and free them." she spoke in a calm manner, and looked back to Light. 

"It would be in your best interest to not touch anything and just stay silent. That would do us all a favor. When we get back, I am sure Last and Ficus here will like to tell those aboard of what transpired here, along with your reckless disregard for any life other than your own. Maybe in some weird, sick way, you are trying to help - but for your sake, I suggest you just stay silent." Spiral said, with a glare as she looked to Light, then proceeded to follow Ficus along.

Last had said her piece to Light, and just ignored him, though she agreed with what it were, that Spiral said. To both him, and Ficus. The latter of whom, were likely pleased that she had them to count on. Light she could not, and frankly, Last could not see a point, where she should even try. Stabbing her, without even a sliver of remorse showing, were not something that normal beings just simply shrugged off. It understandably, would stay with her. As it frankly should.

On 2022-08-17 at 5:29 AM, Illiad Easle said:

She led them into the next room, a large chamber containing a smaller version of the massive statue outside as well as a dozen dead unicorns, their bodies preserved by the cold, but looking similarly drained to the ones that they had seen before. They were all facing away from the statue.

They exited through the far end of the chamber, turning South, then East, then South, then East, the South for a long way, then east again. The arcitecture shifted suddenly, the carved stone giving way to more intricate, yet more weathered stonework. They seemed to have entered an older part of the palace. They also started to see corpses scattered about the hallways and rooms they passed. All facing the way they were going.

As for the important part, were the beginning of the missions. Which of course, would start with some drained, long dead bodies. Because apparently, nothing these days could start, that did not include dead ponies. At least there were some familiarity in that, though she wondered what had drained them. Maybe some sort of ancient changeling? A magic eater? A legion of vampire bats? Probably none of those. This place seemed to unveil things in ways, that she did expect them to. Why would this be any different?

As they moved along, deeper, and deeper, into the frozen tomb of whatever this place were, she'd see more and more corpses too. There seemed to have happened something to them, that came from where they were going. Probably at once, since there did not seem to be many, if any, that were looking like they had died, trying to flee, or been in a panic. Most peculiar... Whatever were in here, would surely prove a formidable foe.

The architecture mattered little to her, beyond what it might mean tactically, for moving around, or retreat. A palace, new or old, were just a big building to her. Unless princesses she had sworn fealty to, resided in their halls, she were not overly interested. And if a princess were in here, she had likely been the reason for all these deaths, and thus, had to be put down. She might be the only one left of her order, but she'd still - if possible - do what they had all sworn to: To fight in the name of the moon, and if need be, attempt to strike any down, who were in the way of her radiant ideals. Even Princess Luna herself, if she fell fully to corruption, as she would have wished for them to do. A doctrine which had also included if Celestia would be overtaken, and thus, would cover any alicorn, who sought only death without meaning.

Yet she were not with a skilled battalion, of hardened fighters now. It were unlikely she could, if the situation arose. But they'd see. Something told her that even this, would be too mundane of an answer, to the plight that had befallen this place.

"I wonder why they died like this. Their positions seems odd, if something went through, killing them all. Think they got their life sucked out of their horns, by something up there?"

She'd ask broadly, wondering if someone had an answer. She didn't deal with magic eaters in general, so she didn't really get what to expect.

• Brohoof 2

North, East, North, West, North, West, North, Ficus wordlessly led the group as the bodies grew more and more numerous, the further they went the more drained the bodies looked, and the harder it got to get past them without touching them. Near the end it was nearly impossible. Ficus to her credit was undeterred as she took advantage of the high ceilings to simply jump over the piles, the others would have to move the bodies in order to get through or simply climb over them. Nothing would happen to them if they moved the bodies. though they would find that using magic was more difficult, as if the energy were being pulled out of the air as they cast it.

The silence surrounding them was almost oppressive, the bodies absorbing the vibrations of their hooves on the stone floor, even their breathing seemed muffled.

After overcoming the last collection of corpses, they passed through a large doorway into a dimly lit chamber larger than the one the kitsune was in. it seemed to be an audience chamber like the one Celestia had in Canterlot to be approached by the populous. The entire floor of the room was covered in bodies, most of them appeared to have been sitting when they died, and all of them were missing their horns.

At the far end of the room, illuminated from below, were two raised daises each with an opulent throne in which sat a mummified corpse of a regal unicorn. The one on the right was reduced to bones, but the one on the left seemed to be looking right at them.

WHO DARES APPROACH THE GOD-EMPRESS OF ALL.

The words lashed at their minds, the bodies around them started to stir, attempting to restrain them.

HARVEST THEIR SOULS FOR THE NEXUS.

More bodies started moving as the doors closed behind them. They could see at the far end of the room, between the daises, a doorway with a keyhole that matched their new key.  

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @Kujamih

Spiral tried to avoid touching the bodies for as long as she could but eventually there was enough bodies around to where that simply wasn't possible. Her expression was rather stoic as this happened, but whatever happened here - wasn't any good. Could the Kitsune be lying? No, they had no reason to lie, when they had all the power in the world to just do whatever they wanted. It had to be some other reason for this happened. 

As they moved into the room, she looked about the throne - looking at the corpse that laid there. It seemed that they were still 'alive' for some reason, but it struck her as unusual. Could perhaps it be the 'friend' that the Kitsune wanted them to free? 

The words in her mind, were unusual. She noticed the weird magic drain, and didn't want to lose her magic - and so didn't cast any spells. She attempted to make a break for it, to run towards the doorway ahead, but did not reveal her key to the corpses around yet. It was strange, this whole situation, was just quite strange.

"Heed my word, we are here to free Nexus!" Spiral shouted.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @-HeedGreen- @Blitz Boom

Light would continue to follow at the back and stabbing his shards to the ground as they go.

AS they head to another door.

" Again with the big door..."

as the big boss in the room started to cast her spell and talking, Light would feel it's immense power trying to subdue them.

" And now we are against a God.... Great."

then Spiral stupidly said the group's plan.

" Nice work! Why not tell her your life story too while you're at it."

Light would release his shards here once more making a big area for everyone. Anyone entering the circle would be instantly be drained from their magic.

" Don't touch the shards if you don't want to die..."

Light would extend his Black Shard Claws. 

but he didn't attacked nor even helped the rest of the group. He's spell to lighten everyone was not also casted to the group, so now they're all back to their slow usual weight self.

On 2022-08-24 at 4:07 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The words lashed at their minds, the bodies around them started to stir, attempting to restrain them.

More bodies started moving as the doors closed behind them. They could see at the far end of the room, between the daises, a doorway with a keyhole that matched their new key.

Mass amounts of corpses, piling up the further they went in, all devoid of horns... Nothing good were to come at the end of this path, and Last knew it, well before they arrived. It seemed clear that they had intruded upon a place, were some sort of hellish ritual had taken place, and sucked the life from these unicorns. Her best bet, being the empowerment of one, or a few more, by sacrificing the greater population, or cult. There were no way that what she were seeing, were not some variation of sacrificial magic at least. The most taboo, illegal kind of magic, one could find in Equestria, when that were still a thing.

Her order had stories from before they were sent to the temple, of being sent out to deal with those who employed such grizzly arts, and exterminate them. Beings who gave no mercy, and thus, were offered none in advance. A judgement a fair few felt that their order deserved instead, but they had not cared back then, and as the last member standing, Last did not either. Fact remained, that sometimes, grizzly things had to be done, for the sake of the masses. And were she in their shoes, she would have followed their orders as fervently, as those who came before her.

This however... This were the opposite. The want of a few, for the price of the many. An unforgivable act, and one she hoped, they'd see another punished for. Though whom it were, were hard to say. Until they got to the room at least, and the mummy started to speak. To think this is what so many had died for. Some undead abomination, thinking itself a god... Worthless.

As the skeletons began to move, she'd see what her comrades did, and especially Spiral. It seemed she were headed for a door, to use the key. She'd need protection, if this were to work. And so, she should have it.

Last stepped forth, and talked loudly, making sure she were heard, as she glared upon the unseemly abomination.

"I am Last Stand, of the Shrine Maidens, and I reject your authority, witch."

Afterwards, she'd growl straight up at the queen, and slash the first three zombies moving near her. If that behavior were not disrespectful enough, to earn her attention, she did not know what were. Well, except for spitting in her face, but she were sure that dried up husk would just be delighted for some liquid, at this point. Or just obliterate her with a magic blast, even if it seemed she were not all that mobile. Her point here were to gain *aggro* or attention, depending on whatever word you wanted to use. If

And thus, her own work would begin. Blade in muzzle, and muscles tense, she'd charge to the side, and begin to cut the undead, stirring around them. She'd try and move somewhat towards where Spiral were, so she could join in rushing through that door, when she had it open, but her eye went several places. Among them, to where Ficus and the others were. She'd be fine, fighting a bit more. Even if something grabbed her leg, she were stronger than some old bones, and bodies, empowered by some magic, rather than muscle. She could toss them about, and cut, and carve, til her hearts content.

Of course, there were more enemies than she could defeat, and they could likely be risen up again, even cut around, but she could buy them time, and passage. Hopefully the idiot would do something useful, and assist in that, rather than stab another of them again. She swore, if he did that, she'd personally grab hold of him, and stuff the god-empresses mouth with his entire being!

On 2022-08-24 at 7:24 AM, Kujamih said:

" Don't touch the shards if you don't want to die..."

Light would extend his Black Shard Claws. 

but he didn't attacked nor even helped the rest of the group. He's spell to lighten everyone was not also casted to the group, so now they're all back to their slow usual weight self.

She weren't sure exactly what he were doing, but it seemed his shards were a trap, so if they had focus on her, she'd try and lure them towards those. Maybe he'd be marginally useful in this matter. Though if they were more chasing after the others, she had to focus. They had enough living blood spilled for today, as far as she were concerned. Now were the time to protect the squad, via the ancient secret, of her orders old history: Extreme violence, and coordination.

"Don't get separated!"

An order shouter, just before she'd do a ful, vertical spin, cutting all the undead around her. Unless of course, some of her comrades were near. Then she'd focus her strikes more, as she attempted to cut a path. Gods be willing, that key they had, fit the door. If not... Well, they'd probably all be eaten by zombies. Somehow, she were wouldn't be too surprised if that was how she'd die. She also wouldn't miss, where her comrades were. She might only have one eye, but she were trained since before she could walk, to keep focus on things around, and bite note in them. Unless it went completely dark, or full blast white again, she'd be fine.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

Whatever was in control here didn't seem to care about what the group members said, but it took notice when Light used his changeling crystals.

YOU DARE BLASPHEME MY TEMPLE WITH THE DEFILERS STONES

DESTROY THE HERETIC. HIS SOUL IS UNFIT FOR SERVICE. 

The reanimated corpses turned their attention more directly towards Light, stopping their advance when the first corpse tried to cross the barrier and died. They then turned their attention to destroying the shards, first manually, then by using their fallen comrades and local debris as tools to attack them from all angles, ignoring the others.

Ficus would lead the other two group members forward, depending on if Last was willing to follow, showing the best way to avoid the animated ponies who were less interested in attacking Light. Quickly getting Spiral to the door unscathed.

@WinterS

On 2022-08-23 at 11:00 PM, Spiral Spell said:

"Heed my word, we are here to free Nexus!"

In Spiral's mind she heard the words, TRAITOR, YOU WHO WOULD ALIGN YOURSELF WITH LESSER BEINGS. YOUR SOUL'S SACRIFICE AND UNENDING SERVICE WILL BE YOUR PENANCE. YOU ARE WEAK

Spiral would be able to open the door with the key, while audibly it was silent, there was a noise in her mind, like a static, emanating from the center of the chamber before her.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-08-26 at 1:34 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I am Last Stand, of the Shrine Maidens, and I reject your authority, witch."

Last would be struck by a rapidly traveling stone thrown from outside the circle, likely meant to attack the shards, and although it didn't hurt as much as it should have it still knocked her clear of the circle created by Light, in her mind she would hear the words, YOU ARE NOTHING DIRT PONY. LEAST OF ALL AMONG THESE YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ANYTHING OF WORTH.

There was laughter, then silence. The corpses around her didn't pay her any mind, not defending themselves when struck, and simply reanimating once Last, or more accurately her sword, got far enough away from them.

Who would have guessed, that when fighting an army of the dead, that killing them wouldn't help much?

• Brohoof 1

Spiral quickly ran into the chamber as fast as possible, a wicked grin came across her face as they bodies focused on Light. To be honest, she wouldn't feel guilty for him losing his life here - knowing how much he risked their lives before. In her heart, she could feel what she was fighting for. The end of war. The renewal of the world to what it once was - without the infighting and devastation that lead it onto this path. She was proud of who she was, and who she could become in the future.

To the voice in her mind, she'd say - "You've found yourself here for millennia, if not longer, all alone with nobody to remember your name. How pathetic. You have nothing to fight for other than your own misery!" she said with pride. 

Edited by WinterS

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

Light pondered some more...

His Crystal's seems to be working now, u like when he was fighting the kitsune.

Maybe the black shards he has been spreading has finally done something or maybe this one is something different entirely .... But one things for sure. It hates his crystal. 

But whats even weirder is the sword of Last Stand isn't working. Her sword was enchanted with his dark crystal and was sure was working perfectly back then. 

"Hmmm...I'm surprised you are able to survive this long for being this too weak. I think I over estimated you..."

He would then summon the sword that was enchanted with his changeling crystal.

As soon as he grabbed it. He would cast a much stronger enchantment on it... No  a curse....

Now the blade has morphed and looked more vile and grotesque. But was surely alluring to those who whish for power. As an unknown aura oozes out from it.

He would then fling the sword and land Infront of her stabbing the ground while releasing a dark oozing mist.

" ... I see a future of helplessness in you Last Stand... Mocked by fate... Grab that sword if you wish to break free from the curse you're in and into a new curse..." 

Light would then start to bombard projectiles of Changelings ng Crystals towards the god empress, grabbing it's attention towards him.

" Leave the weaklings alone... I'm more than enough to satisfy your pent up hormones... I'm sure you're sick and tired from playing with those bones. " Light smirked while continuing to assault the empress. 

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @WinterS

On 2022-08-28 at 1:55 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Last would be struck by a rapidly traveling stone thrown from outside the circle, likely meant to attack the shards, and although it didn't hurt as much as it should have it still knocked her clear of the circle created by Light, in her mind she would hear the words, YOU ARE NOTHING DIRT PONY. LEAST OF ALL AMONG THESE YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ANYTHING OF WORTH.

There was laughter, then silence. The corpses around her didn't pay her any mind, not defending themselves when struck, and simply reanimating once Last, or more accurately her sword, got far enough away from them.

She'd get hit by the stone, and pushed back out from the circle, but she'd be damned, if a rock, would make her flail around like a ragdoll! She'd stand her ground, despite being slid back across the floor, and would look up at the mummified weakling with cold fire in her eye. The words in her head? Demeaning, and probably meant to also make her do something dumb, beyond being the typical unicorn response, around earth ponies. But it was pathetic, if that were intended to make her lose her calm. If a simple taunt like that, got her to charge in at the one insulting her, she'd have died to a manetid, before she hit seven. It irked her for sure, but she wouldn't steer from her chosen acts. And quite frankly, this idiot just made it a lot easier.

This were the issue with unicorns. Especially the olden ones, like this dried up husk. They kept thinking that just because earth ponies had no magic, that they were not worth the attention. Big idea, until one came around and broke their necks. Which wouldn't happen here, just yet, but the corpses not focusing her, meant that she could clear a path quite easily, of those who were focusing Ficus and the two. Might they rise up again, when they weren't hit by the blade? Yes, but who cared? Keep them down long enough, and that's all that mattered.

On 2022-08-28 at 10:46 AM, Kujamih said:

"Hmmm...I'm surprised you are able to survive this long for being this too weak. I think I over estimated you..."

He would then summon the sword that was enchanted with his changeling crystal.

And then... The thing happened, that actually got to Last, as her blade were teleported out of her grasp, mid swing.

She could take a lot of things, but this... No one, would just take her blade like that, and get away with it! Had she the time, she would've torn Light's leg off, and used that as a club, but right now, she had no weapon, and had to try something else. The blade she had on her back, wouldn't do a lot, as she found out quickly. So she had two options. Beating the tar out of these things, hitting and kicking them hard enough to push them back, and thus offer a few more seconds that way, or-

On 2022-08-28 at 10:46 AM, Kujamih said:

He would then fling the sword and land Infront of her stabbing the ground while releasing a dark oozing mist.

" ... I see a future of helplessness in you Last Stand... Mocked by fate... Grab that sword if you wish to break free from the curse you're in and into a new curse..." 

Light would then start to bombard projectiles of Changelings ng Crystals towards the god empress, grabbing it's attention towards him.

" Leave the weaklings alone... I'm more than enough to satisfy your pent up hormones... I'm sure you're sick and tired from playing with those bones. " Light smirked while continuing to assault the empress. 

-That. And that was simply not going to happen, because she had no idea what he had done with her blade, but it were pretty obvious to her now, that it were tainted. Nothing good, came from something oozing black mist. And his words just made it all the more clear, that if she grabbed it again, she would regret this.

Thus, she had but one option here: Beating these things backwards, and as soon as the door were open, and the non-combatants had gotten through, fall back, and run through there as well. Now with only the blade she salvaged from this frozen place to work with. Her old one were considered lost in combat to her. Simple as that. She were not gonna touch that thing, with a fifty hoof pole.

(following only happens, if no one dies, or is attempted to be pulled away by zombies.)

Once they'd be through the door - a few scrapes and scraps worse off, but nothing bad, she'd imagine, as she'd be doing her best to keep them from the group - she'd turn towards Light, and actively growl at him, clearly very, Very much over his antics. Provided that everyone had gotten through alive, but they should. The zombies hadn't focused others than Light all that much, and thus, it should've been fairly simple to beat away the stragglers. They were just risen, not lightning bolts.

"You can insult me. You can threaten me. Take a swing, and I'll brush that aside too, because they don't matter. But do not, Ever, take my weapon in the middle of a fight, you short-sighted buffoon!"

Poison dripped from her words, as she briefly lost her cool, addressing him, before she got her anger back under a more cold, controlled manner, and began turning away from him.

"And keep your curses away from me. I don't know what poison were offered up, but I'm not taking it."

The shard were one thing. Just some anti magic, nothing major. But that? That had been a lot worse. Even if he hadn't said it was cursed, the oozing magic had said enough by itself. It made her instincts scream at her to stay away, and she trusted her instincts. Especially when they resonated well with common logic. Might be that him, and that shriveled prune on the throne, considered her weak, for not having magic, but that did not mean, that she would put her life, and likely sanity, on the line, for a taste of whatever madness rolled through him. Nor in general, as she were not weak. At a disadvantage here? Certainly. That much were sure. But it did not mean she were helpless, nor weak. But of course, magic users couldn't see past their own horns sometimes... To them, anyone who couldn't cast a spell, were about as much of a danger, as a squirrel.

She'd need to prepare herself better in the future, for more ranged engagements, but that didn't make her an overall weak pony. Just these situations, that were having her at a current disadvantage.

She'd look around now, trying to take in what sort of place they had gotten to now.

"...What's next? What's beyond that self imposed god of dust?"

• Brohoof 1

@WinterS @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Once Last, Spiral, and Ficus, were through the door, it would close behind them, separating them from Light and the Empress.

@Kujamih

Once the door closed behind the others, the voice seemed more smug despite Light's taunting, AND YET THEY LEAVE YOU BEHIND. THEY HAVE SENSE ENOUGH TO ABANDON YOU AND JOIN MY POWER. THE NEXUS WILL CONSUME THEM AS IT HAS ALL OTHERS BEFORE.

YOU HOWEVER WILL DIE HERE, HAVING ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING.

The stones below him started to glow with hidden runes and some of his crystals were ground to dust as the stones shifted and moved, while others were overcharged with energy to the point of shattering, allowing the dead to attack Light directly as the circle was broken.

I WEILD THE POWER, THE UNDYING DEVOTION, OF ONE MILLION SOULS.

YOU BEAR THE WEIGHT OF BILLIONS OF SOULS, ALL CALLING FOR VENGEANCE. AS I AM A MERCIFUL GOD I WILL GRANT THEM IT.

DONT KEEP DISSARRY WAITING. 

He would hear it, her laughter, unmistakably. She couldn't be here, could she? The draconequis he had sacrificed everything to destroy, was this pony trying to bring her back?

@Blitz Boom @WinterS

The voice did not respond to either of their parting words, though perhaps she simply couldn't be heard over the static noise of the room. Though if they focused, they'd notice it wasn't so much static, as it sounded like a crowded room full of ponies talking.

The chamber was large, the largest they had seen so far, illuminated by an orb floating in the middle of the room, light of all colors flowing off of it in an erratic pattern. As their eyes adjusted they could see it better, the orb wasn't floating, but rather was set in the middle of a massive structure, a circle, inscribed with countless channeling runes of all sorts. If they took a step their hooves would brush past something on the ground, a severed horn, the ground was littered with them, and the structure... there was a pile of horns leading up to the orb in the middle. There had to be thousands of severed horns here in the room, all of them pointing towards the orb.

Ficus shuddered as she saw everything, "Rot rot rot." she shuddered again, then pointed up at the orb, "There, in the middle, that's where Nexus is."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Illiad Easle

As they proceeded forward, Spiral would approach the orb but not before she would feel the severed horns on the floor. "I don't understand what purpose this serves. Likely stolen the magic of all these ponies, but who would do this, and why? Maybe this is just an example of the greed of those who were here long before...and it ended up consuming them." she spoke to Ficus in thought, then she would look back. "Do we just grab the orb and run?" she asked, as if making sure of what to do first here. 

She'd look back to Last. "Light is left back there. I have a feeling that he is susceptible to the forces of whatever is at work here. Light is not to be trusted, am I clear about that?" she would ask, before awaiting Ficus's answer before taking any action, such as grabbing the orb.

@Blitz Boom

(Light did not steal your sword it was flunged away from you when you got hit. He just grabbed it and enchanted it some more and gave it back... Oh well...)

sketch-1661950491732.thumb.jpg.20bd6a9b14217f6b2be81a2312ce8742.jpg

@Illiad Easle

" Oh cruel fate.... Must I kill my mother twice..." 

Light would then Shine bright and reveal a scroll.

" Writers... I offer myself, to release me from your bonds, so I may reveal my full potential and slay the fool who will cause disruption to the flow of your plots. And give Order to all... What say Illiad? Tear the scroll and release me from my bonds and never see me and this empress ever again. Or keep the scroll and the empress and the abomination she is about to summon?"

As Light had not come through the door with them, she would've not had her talk at him, and would instead have stomped hard into the floor, to get her frustrations out. She'd just have to wait until later, to vent at him it seemed. If he didn't go and get himself killed before that. Potentially along with the rest of them, somehow. She didn't think they were done having to deal with him yet at least.

On 2022-08-30 at 6:27 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Ficus shuddered as she saw everything, "Rot rot rot." she shuddered again, then pointed up at the orb, "There, in the middle, that's where Nexus is."

"Of course she is... Cause nothing can ever be easy."

This place was weird. Serene in a way, but then, were all the horns, that had been lacking the corpses they had passed, on their way here. All leading to this odd sphere... Prison... Thing. Why did magic always have to be complicated? What happened to the good old days, when a cage were made of metal, and you could rip out the bars? Unicorns sometimes...

She also got some major vibes, that something were wrong about this. Why were Nexus trapped here, yet so many horn here too? Why were they here, in the same room as her? Were she perhaps part in this? Troubling thoughts, but right now, there just wasn't anything definitive, to say much about what had happened here. Whatever it were though, she didn't like it one bit. It stank of forbidden magic.

On 2022-08-30 at 7:16 AM, Spiral Spell said:

As they proceeded forward, Spiral would approach the orb but not before she would feel the severed horns on the floor. "I don't understand what purpose this serves. Likely stolen the magic of all these ponies, but who would do this, and why? Maybe this is just an example of the greed of those who were here long before...and it ended up consuming them." she spoke to Ficus in thought, then she would look back. "Do we just grab the orb and run?" she asked, as if making sure of what to do first here. 

She'd look back to Last. "Light is left back there. I have a feeling that he is susceptible to the forces of whatever is at work here. Light is not to be trusted, am I clear about that?" she would ask, before awaiting Ficus's answer before taking any action, such as grabbing the orb.

"You won't have to tell me. Before his attack, I didn't trust him a lot. Afterwards, I don't trust him at all."

In fairness, she never trusted anyone, that she had just met, but that were besides the point.

"And I dunno what happened here, but it reeks of sacrificial magic. Might not be a unicorn, but I know that stuff's heavy taboo for a reason. And we don't know, if these horns, were used on the dust pile out there, or on this sphere. Or even what it is. Maybe we should investigate the room. See if there's any clues. Whatever's happened here, had to have taken some work."

Ideally, she would've just left, and not touched this thing, but she had given her word, and they were trapped, if they did not help Nexus, so here they were... Now they just needed to find a plan of attack. Which she doubted would be best done, by just touching this thing.

"And don't touch that with your bare hoof. Try and poke it with something first, if you're gonna meddle with it. We don't know if it would melt off your hooves."

@WinterS @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

RETCONNED EVENTS

The Jester, now revealed to be a Kitsune of incredible power, put the explorers through a series of trials to judge if they were worthy to pass through. For those with more violent tendencies the trials were more physical, and for those more willing to speak, the trials were more mental. Eventually one of them discovered that the Kitsune would answer any question when asked, but would not volunteer any information not asked for, and eventually learned that the Kitsune was here to keep something in, and that the Kitsune would help them to free the Project and leave safely if they took with them a friend of the Kitsune, which the Kitsune referred to as Nexus. It is assumed that Nexus in this context refers to a unicorn filly, the youngest daughter of Empress Arcana.

The Kitsune provided Ficus with greater power to see the path before them so that they wouldn't get lost getting to the Empress' chambers, and wished them the best of luck on completing their quest.

They were forewarned that the Empress would not take kindly to them trying to free Nexus, and cautioned that one of them would need to hold her attention if the others would be able to succeed.

(Any additional information you want to know from the Kitsune can be asked in the OOC or gleaned from what the Kitsune said in the retconned portion. the Kitsune did not lie at any point in their interaction.)

Their journey to the Empress' chamber was the same as in the retconned version, and so we start when they go to open the doors, this time armed with better knowledge.

CURRENT EVENTS

North, East, North, West, North, West, North, Ficus carefully led the group as the bodies grew more and more numerous, the further they went the more drained the bodies looked, and the harder it got to get past them without touching them. Near the end it was nearly impossible. Ficus seemed deeply disturbed by the piles, muttering 'rot' near constantly as they moved, she took advantage of the high ceilings to simply jump over the piles to avoid coming in contact with them. The others would have to move the bodies in order to get through or simply climb over them. Nothing would happen to them if they moved the bodies. though they would find that using magic was more difficult, as if the energy were being pulled out of the air as they cast it.

The silence surrounding them was almost oppressive, the bodies absorbing the vibrations of their hooves on the stone floor, even the sound of their breathing seemed muffled.

After overcoming the last collection of corpses, they passed through a large doorway into a dimly lit chamber larger than the one the kitsune was in. it seemed to be an audience chamber like the one Celestia had in Canterlot to be approached by the populous. The entire floor of the room was covered in bodies, most of them appeared to have been sitting when they died, and all of them were missing their horns.

At the far end of the room, illuminated from below, were two raised daises each with an opulent throne in which sat a mummified corpse of a regal unicorn. The one on the right was reduced to bones, but the one on the left seemed to be looking right at them.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The Jester, now revealed to be a Kitsune of incredible power, put the explorers through a series of trials to judge if they were worthy to pass through. For those with more violent tendencies the trials were more physical, and for those more willing to speak, the trials were more mental. Eventually one of them discovered that the Kitsune would answer any question when asked, but would not volunteer any information not asked for, and eventually learned that the Kitsune was here to keep something in, and that the Kitsune would help them to free the Project and leave safely if they took with them a friend of the Kitsune, which the Kitsune referred to as Nexus. It is assumed that Nexus in this context refers to a unicorn filly, the youngest daughter of Empress Arcana.

Urgh, what a trip it had been... Getting to that point had been bad enough, but then just came reveal, after reveal. The first being what the jester actually were, which just utterly ruined her plans to smash the mask in, or shove it somewhere. In parts because it were false, but mostly, due to the more she saw, and experienced, the more it just proved that it'd be like an ant, going against an alicorn. Utterly pointless, by the sheer power scale difference, that were between them.

As she were both one with violent tendencies, and a willingness to talk, her tests would likely have started off physical in nature, to both test her meddle, and to show her what she were up against, to some extend. When she'd realize she were out of her depths, she'd be more inclined to talk, and negotiate with the kitsune. Which would end with her agreeing to help get Nexus out of here. An action she gave her word on completing, and thus, her path were set. Not what she had in mind, when she got here, and she felt around 95% sure it were gonna end up biting her in the flank, but... The die were cast. She just had to grit her teeth, and get to work.

5 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

They were forewarned that the Empress would not take kindly to them trying to free Nexus, and cautioned that one of them would need to hold her attention if the others would be able to succeed.

Last would volunteer to cause a distraction, but would ask for assistance from Light. His antics were irritating, but they had merit, and if the bodies earlier were any indication, they were gonna be facing something grim. Might as well toss the biggest thing they had at the empress, and see if his natural flair for annoying others, would do something. Though she'd try and do her part too, despite him probably being the most suitable for this. Who knew? Might be the point where he'd regain some respect.

5 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Oh yeah, nothing but good omens here... Dead unicorns, lacking their horns, just piled up around them, to a point where they had to push through some. There were definitely troubles brewing here, and there just weren't enough time, nor materials for her, to torch these. Nor much sense, as they'd get covered in smoke, and get issues breathing. Simply too many here, for it to work. Maybe sometime later, but right now, they'd just have to remain here, and hopefully not reanimate.

Things did not get better as they went along either. Frankly rather eerie, with how the bodies were just... Sitting about, as if they were accepting, or even offering themselves. What kinda twisted thing had happened here exactly?

6 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

And here came the answer, and it wasn't pretty. Nor was it that of course, the bodies would start to reanimate. Of course they would. Nothing could ever be easy now, could it? Though at least, the goal for them, got into sight fairly easily. Only place that seemed to make sense. Now it was just about actually getting there.

Biting down harder on the hilt of her blade, the steely, ice-cold gaze of Last Stand, bored into the empress, sitting on her dusty throne of lies and malice.

"Bring it on, witch."

She didn't know why, but she had for a brief moment, thought of saying something more wordy... Not sure where that came from, but who cared? She'd go on the offense now, attacking the undead, and trying to cut a path through to the door, that they may escape. Or at least, make it so the others got through.

• Brohoof 1

At first, Spiral had assumed that the Jester was a nefarious creature - the likes of discord, with the intent on locking them within the halls of this place for some silly test for their entertainment. She fully expected having to fight their way out, or even taking more drastic measures to defeat the one who had done this to them. Although with this, she wasn't the one who would perform violent acts first. There was likely a few moments where she did so but would soon realize this situation isn't what she thought it was. Once she went through the mental trials, she would proceed to ask various questions and find herself satisfied with the answers she recieved. 

She'd break off a piece of the thestralium from the place with the intentions of assassinating Apollo, although she also asked for advice as to how to convince the others to get along with her. She wanted to advert a situation in which Apollo would turn into a Martyr, she truly wanted to end the division on the conflict and remind everyone the desolation that war brings. After the interaction was over, she would leave, and wish the best of luck to the Kitsune.

The Kitsune provided Ficus with greater power to see the path before them so that they wouldn't get lost getting to the Empress' chambers, and wished them the best of luck on completing their quest.

Their journey to the Empress' chamber was the same as in the retconned version, and so we start when they go to open the doors, this time armed with better knowledge.

Spiral understood this and followed Ficus's directions to where the Empress resided. She'd proceed over the various bodies as she mentally prepared for the challenge that was about to come. With the others, she would plan to be the one to go towards the locked door. She was annoyed by Light's various antics on the way here, but did not wish for any harm to come to light. For that reason, she knew that Light was a powerful asset, so he would make a great distraction.

While Spiral tried to hide it from the others, she knew that she was horrified deep down by what had transpired here. She didn't want to end up like the others here and knew that the Empress had to be held accountable for these actions. In her mind, the destruction of the Empress's power was also what she wanted here - not only the freeing of Nexus. Looking to the corpse that seemed to be looking right at them, she knew that was the Empress.

"Talk during battle is a sign of weakness. Spare me your insolence and get on with dying." Spiral said defiantly as she made a break for the doorway. This would allow the others to choose who would stay behind, as she certainly wasn't going to be doing that. It wasn't in her nature to. Perhaps it was in someone else's. She knew they had a job to do and she was going to be the one who would do her best to see it through.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom @Scar

20 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Last would volunteer to cause a distraction, but would ask for assistance from Light. His antics were irritating, but they had merit, and if the bodies earlier were any indication, they were gonna be facing something grim. Might as well toss the biggest thing they had at the empress, and see if his natural flair for annoying others, would do something. Though she'd try and do her part too, despite him probably being the most suitable for this. Who knew? Might be the point where he'd regain some respect.

"I gave you the sword right? And you want more? If I add more power to that sword of yours it'll take a toll on you... More likely give you a curse... I already gave some magical support to you guys aswell... If I add more, your body, which isn't used to magic, might be dangerous to you. So if I have your approval then I don't mind giving more magical amplification on your body. Just don't blame me on what happens next okay."

Light gave Last Stand his caution and advice.

20 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

She didn't know why, but she had for a brief moment, thought of saying something more wordy... Not sure where that came from, but who cared? She'd go on the offense now, attacking the undead, and trying to cut a path through to the door, that they may escape. Or at least, make it so the others got through.

".... My head hurts a bit... I think I've been here before... Ehh..." Light would assist Last Stand to the point that it would not cause side effects on her. He would wait for last stands que if she wanted to go over the limit though... Knowing her if she has the choice, she would definitely do it if necessary. 

But suddenly Light got the urge to shoot the empress with his Black crystal, right at the center of her forehead.

" I wonder if this can kill you? Might as well distract you right?"

Light would then cast a spell that bounces any sort of light that hits Ficus, making her invisible.

He would've tried doing the same with the rest of the group but they had their own plans already. 

@Props

At first the reanimated corpses would move to stop Spiral, but once the Empress took more notice of Light and Last they weren't as focused on stopping Spiral.

On 2022-09-06 at 12:01 PM, Kujamih said:

Light would then cast a spell that bounces any sort of light that hits Ficus, making her invisible.

Making light bounce off of her would make her reflective, like a mirror, not invisible, so she was no even more visible than before. But similar to Spiral the corpses and the Empress were more concerned with Light and Last than her.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih

The Empress deflected Light's projectile with ease, SO THE DIRT PONIES FINALLY SENT THEIR ASSASSINS TO KILL ME. I HAVE FAR EXCEEDED THE CAPABILITIES OF YOUR MACHINES AND HERETICAL CRYSTALS. YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING BUT MAKING YOUR BODIES MORE CONVENIENT TO PROCESS.

Rather than attacking with spells directly, numerous rocks and sharp weapons were levitated and then flung at high speeds towards Light and Last in an attempt to crush or impale them, all while the corpses surrounding them tried to hinder their movements.

@Props

Given the focus, Spiral and Ficus would be able to reach the door without much issue, "Hurry and get the key in, something tells me it'll be more complicated than it seems."

If Spiral took the time to examine the door first, she would see several hidden runes near the key hole, indicating the the door might be trapped in some way. She would not be able to make out what the runes would do when activated. 

• Brohoof 1

Spiral ran to the door as fast as possible, using Light's distractions to her advantage. When she finally was at the door she took a few moments to look at the door - taking note of the runes on the door. "Look, there are some runes on this door. I don't know what they will do, but I'd wager we try - being out here will get quite dangerous." she spoke and put the key in the door, and if it went well she would lead herself and Ficus inside.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Props @Blitz Boom

(Dang it my mistake, I meant ficus isn't affected by light.)

Light would then try to shoot down the projectiles to either stop it from it's tracks or deflect it. Some of the shards would break and some would be deflected and hit some of the corpses or on the floor. But it seems that Light is doing this on purpose. 

Light is also trying to absorb the magic used on the corpses. ( If it has any.)

Edited by Kujamih

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih @Props

On 2022-09-06 at 8:01 PM, Kujamih said:

"I gave you the sword right? And you want more? If I add more power to that sword of yours it'll take a toll on you... More likely give you a curse... I already gave some magical support to you guys aswell... If I add more, your body, which isn't used to magic, might be dangerous to you. So if I have your approval then I don't mind giving more magical amplification on your body. Just don't blame me on what happens next okay."

Light gave Last Stand his caution and advice.

"I'm asking for assistance, not a curse. My sword is fine now."

More power were tempting, as it always were, but his words clearly stated what tended to come along with greater power: A price to pay. Now what that price were, she did not know, and frankly, they did not have the time, for her to ask into it further. Not that it mattered either. She did not want a curse. Even before The Crisis, she had seen cursed beings, in a sense. Those who went to the forest, and returned as horrifying monstrosities. And after the war began, when she were out in Equestria, all kinds of magic had come around, and desperate beings, using things that should not be touched, in an attempt to survive. It nearly never worked in their favor, and the few it did, tended to become issues in other ways. Like being uncontrollable murder beings, or slowly rotting away, but without being able to die.

That last one she remembered, kicking into a ravine, a few months before The Æther found her. Was for the best anyway. The griffon had gone utterly bonkers, and were surrounded by corpses of civilians. Best to remove that obstacle. Plus, it had charged at her, swinging. It asked for it.

On 2022-09-10 at 6:06 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The Empress deflected Light's projectile with ease, SO THE DIRT PONIES FINALLY SENT THEIR ASSASSINS TO KILL ME. I HAVE FAR EXCEEDED THE CAPABILITIES OF YOUR MACHINES AND HERETICAL CRYSTALS. YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING BUT MAKING YOUR BODIES MORE CONVENIENT TO PROCESS.

Rather than attacking with spells directly, numerous rocks and sharp weapons were levitated and then flung at high speeds towards Light and Last in an attempt to crush or impale them, all while the corpses surrounding them tried to hinder their movements.

Last were good in a fight, but not good enough to avoid everything tossed towards them. She'd dodge, parry, and jump about, but in the end, she had a choice: A section of three rocks through her leg, or getting hit on the side by a large, yet blunt rock. She picked the latter, and got tossed back several feet, while she gritted her teeth. She might have embraced for impact, and wore armor, but that still bloody hurt. And she didn't have time to rest on her laurels after that. More were coming, and she had to keep moving.

She really hated unicorns sometimes...

On 2022-09-10 at 6:49 PM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral ran to the door as fast as possible, using Light's distractions to her advantage. When she finally was at the door she took a few moments to look at the door - taking note of the runes on the door. "Look, there are some runes on this door. I don't know what they will do, but I'd wager we try - being out here will get quite dangerous." she spoke and put the key in the door, and if it went well she would lead herself and Ficus inside.

If the door opened, Last would try and move towards it, slashing through the zombies. Those were not the issues. The projectiles were, but with some luck, she were more focused on Light as it were, and thus, there'd be an opening. Though regardless of how this went, she'd get through this with dented armor, bruises, and cuts. Probably a broken rib too, but she'd live. That were a start.

Her sword might break too. It depended on if her parrying a large rock with it, hitting her face on, and letting it take the blunt of the hit, were too much for the enchantment. Were it not, this could potentially cause it to splinter, but she weren't sure. She just had to do this, to avoid getting her organs smacked into mush. That one were harder to get past, than losing a sword.

She'd also try hers, to cut through some stones, had things been different. Normally she could do that, but with the onslaught here, and her having to focus more on dodging, she couldn't get the right posture and momentum for that. Not without losing a limb, and she preferred they all remained, exactly where they were.

• Brohoof 1