Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rude Awakenings

Courageous Thunder Dash

So I was just thinking...at some point...someone will be woken up in some unpleasant way, whether it's a prank or something else, just about everyone has had that rude awakening...so I gotta know, what's a "rude awakening" you've experienced?

Me? Well, sadly, I've been slapped in the leg by mom because I overslept...definately not the way you wanna wake someone up...for they could retaliate...

The rudest awakening I've had was on a school camp in Grade 8. First night was rough and took me about three hours to fall asleep. I was probably only asleep for an hour before a bunch of cows started mooing loudly, which woke me and everyone else up immediately. They went at it for a while and I couldn't manage to go back to sleep after that. Was so tired the next day, I almost tipped my canoe.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much every time someone wakes me up :ButtercupLaugh:

Whenever someone pokes me or slightly moves me to wake me up, my body snaps and I immediately say: “What? Huh?” half asleep. Every time.

19 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Pretty much every time someone wakes me up :ButtercupLaugh:

Whenever someone pokes me or slightly moves me to wake me up, my body snaps and I immediately say: “What? Huh?” half asleep. Every time.

Even the most gentle and lightest of pokes?

Moments ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Even the most gentle and lightest of pokes?

Aye, I am a light sleeper. It’s like my body just jumps when it’s touched while resting.

Moments ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Aye, I am a light sleeper. It’s like my body just jumps when it’s touched while resting.

Wow...that actually sucks because I feel you don't ever get that great deep sleep...

I woke up to an earthquake a few years ago. It was in the middle of the night so it wasn’t as horrid as getting up at 7am, but the fact that it was an earthquake brought certain other challenges. Luckily no one got hurt. It wasn’t really as bad as my little niece pouncing on my bed one time when she was visiting with my sister. She was 6 and didn’t understand the concept that Morning People and Night Owls are traditionally enemies in the wild. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Wake up, we might have to evacuate" Last Easter afternoon.

Finally got to sleep after not sleeping well and then a over eager deputy, a lazy Forest Service fire department, and some morons having a camp fire and shooting explosives in the driest year since 1870 ruined it. But I wasn't tired for the rest of the day though.

On 2021-03-19 at 8:14 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Me? Well, sadly, I've been slapped in the leg by mom because I overslept...definately not the way you wanna wake someone up...for they could retaliate..

When I was very young (maybe 8?) my brother did this once to me as a prank. But this is the one and only time something like this has happened to me - at least as far as I can remember that. Far more often I had the problem of having a construction place in the street in front of the window (I often sleep with an open window). Then I was woke up in the early morning by jackhammer for example.

• Brohoof 1

Every time I see this title I thing of all the times I’ve been forced to realize someone doesn’t like me back in that way.

Makes me think of the movie “He’s just not that into you.”

However in context to what this topic is actually about.

Its when people are slamming doors when they leave early in the morning, loud noises from things going on outside like construction work, my cat meowing at my door and honestly my alarm is loud af. I normally wake up before my alarm but when I don’t. Oh it’s so loud....

Probably from a loud thud outside I woke up to one night that even my cat spooked at.   Didn’t help that like 10 minutes later my neighbor’s security system started going off.   

11 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Oof I thought this was a metaphorical topic at first :P I’ve had plenty of those situations...

Hmm nothing will top those monthly 3am fire alarm drills in my freshman dorm hall :D 

Oh gosh 3am...

• 2 years later...
On 2021-05-15 at 11:41 PM, Clawdeen said:

Every time I see this title I thing of all the times I’ve been forced to realize someone doesn’t like me back in that way.

Makes me think of the movie “He’s just not that into you.”

However in context to what this topic is actually about.

Its when people are slamming doors when they leave early in the morning, loud noises from things going on outside like construction work, my cat meowing at my door and honestly my alarm is loud af. I normally wake up before my alarm but when I don’t. Oh it’s so loud....

And two years later this topic gets me again because I was about to go into a bit how I learned the hard way to stand up for myself because no one else will.

But it’s actually about being rudely woken up. 

That still remains the same as my previous answer. More specifically the slamming of doors. Can we not slam the doors in the middle of the night.

• Hugs 1

On 2021-03-19 at 3:14 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

So I was just thinking...at some point...someone will be woken up in some unpleasant way, whether it's a prank or something else, just about everyone has had that rude awakening...so I gotta know, what's a "rude awakening" you've experienced?

Me? Well, sadly, I've been slapped in the leg by mom because I overslept...definately not the way you wanna wake someone up...for they could retaliate...

Fire alarm drills when I used to live in the dorms. Those sucked so much.

When I had just gotten my apartment and was living alone for the first time in my life, I one night awoke to a sound in my living room and went full panic mode. It was just one of the wall decorations had become unattached on one end and was swinging, making a sound on the wall. lol

Otherwise, tornado warnings have been rude awakenings. I hate that so much.