Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

12-hour time or 24-hour time?

Octavia Heartstrings

12-hour time or 24-hour time?  

24 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 12-hour (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM)
    • 24-hour (00:00 - 23:59)

I feel like 24h time doesn't really make much sense to use in English speaking countries, due to the way we say time,

most languages 24h time makes more sense, but 12h in english makes way more sense, due to how time is described in English

I use and prefer 12 hour time. It's what pretty much everyone I know uses and it's what I grew up using, so I understand it better. With 24 hour time, I have to think about it in the afternoon, especially if it's like 17:00 or later.

20 hours ago, The Hawks Simp said:

I feel like 24h time doesn't really make much sense to use in English speaking countries, due to the way we say time,

most languages 24h time makes more sense, but 12h in english makes way more sense, due to how time is described in English

Eh, I don't really see that personally. 

• Brohoof 2

I like 12 hour time. I have to use 24 hour time at work because that’s the system they have in place, but even so, most people there revert back to 12 hour time without even realizing it. It’s a hard habit to break and no one really wants to deal with changing the way they were brought up to think of it. Whether it’s logical or not, I’m sticking to my 12 hour routine, I never said I was a logical creature, just a creature of habit.

3 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I like 12 hour time. I have to use 24 hour time at work because that’s the system they have in place, but even so, most people there revert back to 12 hour time without even realizing it. It’s a hard habit to break and no one really wants to deal with changing the way they were brought up to think of it. Whether it’s logical or not, I’m sticking to my 12 hour routine, I never said I was a logical creature, just a creature of habit.

Same, 24 hour time makes me feel like a soldier.

Edited by TheRockARooster

• 2 weeks later...

I'm accustomed to 12 hour and so 24 hour takes me a second to do the conversion. That said, 24 hour removes ambiguity and is the superior system, so I do prefer it.

• Brohoof 1

I use 12 hour Am/PM. That's what I'm used to. Even though my grandpa did teach me the 24 hour time when I was younger, I'm still used to and prefer the 12 hour AM/PM time. Thats whats the tv listings sites like Zap2it and tvguide use.