Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Flintstones sequel entitled Bedrock in development

ggg-2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm familiar with the show from 60s from my young Childhood (> 20 years ago). I really don't know how should I feel about a reboot. Pebbeles or BamBam were never characters I liked back then  more than two decades ago. it's not a reboot like DuckTales which was met with a lot of positive feedback but still this could be good? I really don't know. One can only wait and see and drink some tea.

So in other words Fox and Disney gained nothing from the sale/acquisition, creativity wise. 

Reboot, reboot, live action, live action, remake, etc.

Somewhat ironic after they forced the demolition of Bedrock in SD.

• 2 years later...

So they're trying to make Pebbles and Bamm Bamm stars again? :dash: They do know this has been done before, right?

Even if we're only focusing on time skips; there was the show "The Pebbles & Bamm Bamm Show", the movie "I Yabba Dadda Do", and its sequel "Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby". ... Yes, I am old enough to remember all those. :laugh: It'd be really awesome if they tried to make all of that canon to this new show, but I sincerely doubt it.

Right now, my biggest hope is that they don't try to make adult Pebbles and Bamm Bamm like adults today. I honestly don't want to see some prehistoric version of smartphones and social media. If the original show was a stone age version of the 60's, at most this show should be a stone age version of 80's or early 90's at best. My hopes may change when we see more of the project, but for now, that's pretty much all I want.

On 2021-04-29 at 12:20 PM, ggg-2 said:

At least wait 'till we see a trailer first. :P

On 2023-09-14 at 6:51 PM, Megas said:

This looks about as dead as Seth MacFarlane’s Flintstones

Maybe, but I honestly would trust a Seth MacFarlane reboot or continuation of the series. He has an old school mindset, and I feel like he could strive under the Flintstones title. I remember one episode where they not only references the Flintstones, but also Fred's hilarious gambling problem that makes him yell "Bet!" over and over again, so clearly someone knows the material. Not to mention, the original Flintstones was not meant to be a child-aimed show. Children could watch it, but it was trying to aim for older audiences too, much like what Simpsons, Family Guy, and Bob's Burgers have tried to do. All ages can watch it, but older audiences would enjoy it just a bit more.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-09-16 at 12:52 PM, Steve Piranha said:

They did a modern Velma… that turned out well :eww:

At any rate, even with differing believes and political alignment, I think we could all agree this is a much better Velma:

20231022_133558.thumb.jpg.1a9aa4562e596aa0329949ba8aca1d81.jpg

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1