Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you wanted to introduce MLP to your parents or other family members which episodes would you show them?

Paleopony

I'd generally want them to start from the beginning, but the first two episodes of MLP:FiM have a substantially different feel to a lot of later content, so I'm not sure if it would be enough to capture their interest. So, I'd probably show them the first two episodes of season 2.

• Brohoof 1

When I showed it to my grandma, I think I went with Season 2, Episode 3 "Lesson Zero" purely because of the rainboom cloud when Dash smashes into AJ's old barn. Otherwise I had, had it on in the background for myself and my little sister while watching her over at her mom's, and my brother's would watch a bit too by default. They'd try poking a bit of fun but they they got into equally weird things and all of our parents just got used to it. That was back between seasons 2 and 4 though.

• Brohoof 2

I think my mother and I watched Return of Harmony first, followed by Scare Master because it was Halloween, then The Cutie Mark Chronicles, then we did Sweet and Elite because my mother said Rarity was her favourite, (It has since changed to Pinkie) and then we went to the very beginning and started to go chronologically. :adorkable: Friend in Deed is our next one. :mlp_ooh:

It's great that she's become a fan too! :kindness:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 3

I’ve already introduced episodes but I’ll go ahead and list them. I don’t remember the first one I showed my mom but at one point I showed her The Perfect Pear and we both got teared up over it. I showed my dad The Cutie Map because it was on live and he thought it was creepy when Sugar Belle trapped the Mane 6 in the basement.

• Brohoof 2

I think there are some really great options for something like this for example:

- Ending of season 4. These DBZ styling fighting scene should surprise and intrigue enough people

- Premiere and Final episode of Season 5 

- Weird Al episode

- Return of Harmony

- The perfect pear

etc.

I think I would choose different episode for different people. My brother I would show the Ending of season 4, my parents most likely The perfect pear episode etc.

• Brohoof 1