Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One Minute Clip Released

Tom Gallagher

The Netflix Futures YouTube channel has posted a one-minute clip of a scene that we have previously seen fractions of in trailers. :eager: To be honest, I love what we’re seeing! :D Sunny is so like Twilight, it’s crazy! ^_^ Same goes for Izzy being the same as Pinkie! :laugh:
I don’t hear Vanessa Hudgens at all in Sunny’s voice which I find interesting. A thing I like about this scene that has made me feel much more at ease with the whole thing is just how similar the humour, dialogue and even the acting is to G4. No matter how trendy they want to make it, at least the humour is the same and I’m quickly realising how cute the animation is. :kindness: I love this scene, I think it’s brilliant.

By the way, that’s totally Twilight’s cutie mark on the flag in the background. :ticking:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
I spelt Vanessa’s name wrong. Sorry, Vanessa!
  • Brohoof 5

That... was... ADORABLE! I love how expressive the characters can be, and Sunny's eagerness at meeting a unicorn for the first time is, for lack of a better term, very "Twilight Sparkle". 

Seriously, if this one clip won't convince you to give Gen 5 a chance, then nothing will. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 3

That's a pretty nice clip. I love the animation, though. Still looks gorgeous.

There's nothing much else I can say about the clip except for two things:

1. Sunny actually does give me that Twilight vibe in reverse, which actually does makes a lot of sense since she never seen any pony races before other than study them.

2. As I analyze the animation sequences, I notice in the far right, there was a picture of The Elements of Harmony in the background. Plus, the journal that Sunny has was her own journal rather than The Friendship Journal in G4.

Very nice touches.

• Brohoof 3

What a pleasant surprise! :D

Aside from the Netflix outro, this 80-second clip is full of expression. Not just the eyes, but also the mouths, voices, and movements. Even though Sunny wants to make the world better and harmonious, it's easy to see from here that propaganda got to her in some capacity, but that gave way only to excitement. Likewise, Izzy (who's adorable!) has that curious energy in her, and her communication with Sunny helped break down the bigoted stereotypes against each other.

Also, nice touch with Twilight's cutie mark on the tapestry.

• Brohoof 2

It is an interesting little clip and definitely appears to take place shortly after Izzy causes panic in Maretime Bay. What is interesting is how Sunny not only thinks that unicorns can still use magic, but that they can all practice high level spells like lasers and mind reading. That probably goes along with ponies not really knowing anything about the other types other than rumors. Izzy seemed pretty surprised to see that Earth ponies and unicorns look the same other than one having a horn and the other not. This makes me curious as to how they will react to the pegasi and vise versa.

As for other aspects to this clip, the voices sound a bit different than I remembered from the trailer. That being said, they still sound pretty good. The movements of the characters are alright; not as good as G4's, but still alright. I still am not a big fan of the actual ponies' proportions and design, but the backgrounds are very detailed and well done. Nonetheless, this clip does a good job at teasing and hyping up the movie, and I'm excited for it to finally release.

• Brohoof 1

only just understood that Izzy was purposefully opening that can of beans with her horn :P that is actually pretty impressive.

Like Izzy and Sunny's accessories. 

animation-wise this is the best MLP so far. Very characterful. Not entirely sold on some of Izzy's expressions, but other than that 10/10

• Brohoof 2

First things first, the animation looks really good, its very expressive. :wau:  However, at some moments the lip syncing seems. a little... off, maybe its just me.

The dialog is pretty funny and the interaction is entertaining. I love sunnys voice, but still not completely sold on Izzys, it just doesn't fully fit the character in my opinion, but maybe I will get used to it, its not a big deal really. 

Spoiler

It appeared to me like sunny is while curious and nice she does come a bit racistic (which is not a bad thing, it makes sense and let us know that she is still not perfect and slightly influenced by her surroundings) and for a sec it seemed like Izzy was slightly offended even but just went along with it. 

Overall I really enjoyed this clip, the movie is almost upon us and I can't wait :squee:.  Plus, at that staring contest thingy if you change slightly the expressions it almost looks like Izzy is going for a ki... no, stop it brain.

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 2

That was enjoyable! I did like the staring contest joke and seeing the setup to the can of beans joke. Seriously, I'm just really glad to have that tennis ball meme finally explained. :adorkable:

I also like the Love Muffins recipe framed up on the wall in the background. Disappointingly, there's no Derpy, but you can see Twilight's cutie mark drawn there too. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

One YouTube commentator from Sparkle Time 88's mirroring of said clip brought up an excellent point:

I like how even though Sunny has a noble goal of uniting all the pony races, shes not completely immune to the prejudices shared by her fellow earth ponies, such as her assumptions about Izzy and her race (though her guesses are born out of ignorance rather than malice, since shes never seen a real unicorn up till that point). Thats a really smart way of keeping her from being too perfect of a protagonist while tying into the films anti-racism messages, and I wont be surprised at all if that actually becomes a major plot point in the film.

One of the biggest fears of A New Generation was going to be Sunny Starscout being perfect and preachy in her quest to unite the pony races. Although it's only one film beginning a new generation, her instinct to show ignorant prejudice against unicorns after meeting Izzy shows that she has plenty of room to grow, dispelling that whole complaint in one swoop.

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-09-14 at 9:54 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

One YouTube commentator from Sparkle Time 88's mirroring of said clip brought up an excellent point:

One of the biggest fears of A New Generation was going to be Sunny Starscout being perfect and preachy in her quest to unite the pony races. Although it's only one film beginning a new generation, her instinct to show ignorant prejudice against unicorns after meeting Izzy shows that she has plenty of room to grow, dispelling that whole complaint in one swoop.

Don't forget how the trailer showed both her and Izzy screaming when they saw Zipp. Sweet, sweet character flaws. :eager:

• Brohoof 3