Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a pony had a cutie mark in something like this…

FearTheBelle

Imagine there was a filly who got her cutie mark, and therefore her special talent, in murder/serial killing? How would ponies deal with her and try to keep her in line and away from crime?
It wouldn't be fair or legal to preemptively detain or punish her, since she wouldn't have done anything other than discover what her talent was, so how would they handle it?

Oof, this would be tough indeed, but realistically speaking...it just wouldn't make sense. I mean, ponies have talents for using/making weapons...and other stuff that could hurt/possibly kill others, but a straight up talent for murder/serial killing just wouldn't make sense at all. 

• Brohoof 2

Sounds like the premise to a YA novel. 

In the world of MLP, though, I don’t think the government would harm her. Maybe keep a close eye on her, or keep others from trying to use her, but the odds are she would use her talents for good, not evil. For instance, she could be a detective who knows exactly the best ways to commit the crimes. Or maybe, depending on the specifics of her talent, she could be a good bodyguard. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What if a pony had a cutie mark in something like this…
On 2021-11-08 at 9:49 PM, FearTheBelle said:

Imagine there was a filly who got her cutie mark, and therefore her special talent, in murder/serial killing? How would ponies deal with her and try to keep her in line and away from crime?
It wouldn't be fair or legal to preemptively detain or punish her, since she wouldn't have done anything other than discover what her talent was, so how would they handle it?

Dexter Morgan pony would just have a few drops of blood as his cutie mark!

f501508e04797c4f46083a45cd9a9a1b.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

We have seen cutie marks being misinterprted. I think you could not conclude that a pony's talent is something bad. We also see bad ponies (Cozy Glow) with benign citie marks. And it seems that most cutie marks don't seem to mean much at all. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that would be pretty awkward, but I'd imagine that it's a possibility that someone could mistake that.

Besides, didn't the filly at the beginning of 'The Fault in Our Cutie Marks' had a mark of skull and bones? Maybe this could be something similar to that

• Brohoof 1

If such a Pony existed, the cutie mark wouldn't be a give away. Serial killers tend to rely on not getting noticed until it's too late. A cutie mark with a bloody knife would kinda be a dead give-away, like tying a bell on the cat who keeps leaving too many mouse carcasses on the porch.

Unless that Pony was Michael Myers, cuz you could get away with having a "temporary tattoo" on Nightmare Night.

So I guess the cutie mark would be less obvious. A chess piece, perhaps?

"If you hear her say check mate, you're already dead."

2008298 - artist:breezietype, comic, cozy glow, dialogue, eyes closed, knife,  mouth hold, no, parody, pony… | My little pony comic, My little pony  friendship, Pony

On 2021-11-10 at 9:24 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Dexter Morgan pony would just have a few drops of blood as his cutie mark!

f501508e04797c4f46083a45cd9a9a1b.jpg

That made my day! :ButtercupLaugh: Even Dexter's haircut.

Spoiler

(You win the internet if there are actually pony parts in those bags)

Just watched the newest episode of Dexter. :wacko:

As for the topic, I would say this got very complicated. It is actually possible to harm other ponies with your talent, so.

The government would probably assign her to a field where such knowledge is useful, like a detective or crime agency. If her mental state was out of control then they would probably place her in an institution. All the while, the poor filly would feel lost for having a talent that only she herself could give proper meaning to.

I’m thinking too, the talent could also be used to hunt down villains and other horrible ponies/creatures who intend to do serious harm.

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

I'm thinking too, the talent could also be used to hunt down villains and other horrible ponies/creatures who intend to do serious harm.

Might be useful in S.M.I.L.E then. "Special branch of the royal guard (secret service). Sniper, political assassin, spy. Gosh, "Spy" could have been a good fit for Cozy actually.