Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New toy says that Sunny will Battle King Sombra

eventyraren

This is the description: "Sunny is the main character of the last generation of My Little Pony. She's an Alicorn who plays a pivotal role in saving Equestria from King Sombra and his minions. This special edition Sunny Alicorn plush toy includes gold wings and horn, with combed hair, and glow in the dark elements on the body and hair and plays the movie soundtrack. The perfect gift for any My Little Pony fan!"

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/01/sunny-battles-king-sombra-in-new.html?m=1

Glows in the dark with sunlight charging. It also charges under electric light which most people will do, so very environmental ;)

King Sombra huh? Interesting villain (hopefully with a better voice actor). Wonder what his minions will look like?

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Glows in the dark with sunlight charging. It also charges under electric light which most people will do, so very environmental ;)

King Sombra huh? Interesting villain (hopefully with a better voice actor). Wonder what his minions will look like?

No, keep returning characters their original VAs :Cozy:

56 minutes ago, Photon Jet said:

Could it be that King Sombra is back once again? If so, that's a big problem for the new generation of ponies.

I will admit that is seems concerning to return a G4 character to G5 so soon :huh:

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to New toy says that Sunny will Battle King Sombra

Hmmm... lt might have been an error due to miscommunication. Then again... This could actually become a thing. l'm hoping for the latter.

• Brohoof 3

14 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Hmmm... lt might have been an error due to miscommunication. Then again... This could actually become a thing. l'm hoping for the latter.

Well, it did refer to Sunny as "the main character of the last generation of My Little Pony", when it should have been the current generation.

• Brohoof 4

Interesting.

This implies that King Sombra was not killed in the S9 premier.

That, or some magic force bullshit has brought him back because the writers didn’t feel like creating an all new villain.

:maud:

Dr. Wolf gave his take on this. 

One of the comments explained beautifully why I'm more on the optimistic side of this being true despite the errors, of which there are only two. Said in my own words, why would a merchandiser consider writing that as a way to market a toy for G5...if Sombra isn't going to return for G5? Why would they consider marketing a new toy with something that isn't relevant? :bedeyes:

I'd take this with a grain of salt.  I mean, given Sombra's enslaving-powers, if he's on the loose, I'd have expected he'd already have taken over Maretime Bay, Bridlewood Forest, and Zephyr Heights.

Besides:  what could pull him out of the ether?  Discord's the only one we've seen with that kind of power.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

I'd take this with a grain of salt.  I mean, given Sombra's enslaving-powers, if he's on the loose, I'd have expected he'd already have taken over Maretime Bay, Bridlewood Forest, and Zephyr Heights.

Besides:  what could pull him out of the ether?  Discord's the only one we've seen with that kind of power.

real grogar maybe?... maybe the reason why twi lost? and maybe the reason the unity of the ponies were lost is because of a villain? who knows... maybe they're just haven't introduced all the story and villains yet. but seeing twilight and Sombra?...... definitely hype.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Interesting.

This implies that King Sombra was not killed in the S9 premier.

That, or some magic force bullshit has brought him back and the writers didn’t feel like creating an all new villain.

:maud:

don't say that! it's an opportunity to see favorite villains INTO 3D!! that is....if it's in 3D....... and if it isn't..... cross fingers that it doesn't look trash:yeahno:.

crosses fingers for DAYBREAKERand NIGHTMARE MOON( it's a very far stretch but I'll bite it.)...

HASBRO, don't be stupid and miss this opportunity..... if you gonna mess things up mess it good.

Edited by Kujamih

3 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

Besides:  what could pull him out of the ether? 

Oh, how you underestimate the limitless possibilities for explanations of how villains can just keep returning, ESPECIALLY in worlds that have magic. Don't forget this too...

large.jpg

;)

NGL; I kinda want this. The fact that Sombra was even mentioned in something does this little shadow pony fan's heart so much good. <3

• Brohoof 3

I don't really know whether to take this seriously or not, but if this is the case I wouldn't be super thrilled about it. For G5's first villain, I feel like it would be more interesting and original to have a new one rather than just bringing back one from G4. Plus, this would be the second time Sombra somehow come back to life, which is fairly redundant in my opinion. So overall I would rather this not be the case. That being said, it hopefully wouldn't be too big of an issue if this happens to be true.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Landi said:

I don't really know whether to take this seriously or not, but if this is the case I wouldn't be super thrilled about it. For G5's first villain, I feel like it would be more interesting and original to have a new one rather than just bringing back one from G4. Plus, this would be the second time Sombra somehow come back to life, which is fairly redundant in my opinion. So overall I would rather this not be the case. That being said, it hopefully wouldn't be too big of an issue if this happens to be true.

psshhh that's what everyone says at the beginning... gen 5 is connected to gen 4 uuuuu it would have been best if they didn't.... uuuuu then gen 5 came and everyone lost their marbles...:laugh:

• Brohoof 1