Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E39 - Under The Mistytoe

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Under the Mistytoe
Release Date: December 8, 2022
Written By: Gretchen Mallorie
Synopsis: N/A

NOTE: Another compilation following the actual episode!

• Brohoof 3

For me, I'm getting really scared that they are going to make the plane an essential part of the future plots, I just, yeah it's okay every now and then but I just hope it doesn't become objectively prevalent to the plots in general...

Now can we assume Sunny is a better pilot than Zipp?:arethosehands: 

Really love Misty's VA meshed with her TyT render, they fit very well... This was cute, but all in all, yeah idk, Opaline refers to "fire" being part of her magic, wonder if that's going to have any background to it or if it just sounded better in a TyT script 

• Brohoof 3

Zipp claims to be getting better at landing their plane, but the others know better than to believe that. I will give her props for taking the initiative as no one else seems to want to try and fly it. And then we have the trojan horse play... Or rather I should say trojan present. Not surprised Izzy would get fooled by it but you can't really blame her.

Pipp: Awwww... Sad.

• Brohoof 2

Okay; that was adorable, actually quite funny, and enjoyable! Easily one of the better episodes of this series!

• Brohoof 3

This was a really great episode and it’s so awesome to see Misty and Opaline again in TYT!

It was a pretty funny episode too with Opaline going crazy over the Wishing Star and the part where she dressed up and did a song when nopony was watching. :eager:

Seeing Misty tangle with Sparky was hilarious too and she tried luring him with junk food and also when Misty snuck in to the Brighthouse disguised as a big present! :ButtercupLaugh:

Also, Pipp’s “sad face” was adorable and funny at the same time too! :kindness:

• Brohoof 3

These Christmas episodes are so adorable! I always love seeing Sunny in her hat and snow gear, and always wishing and hoping that Misty can become friends with the others. The song is stuck in my head forever, and I'm going to listen to it hundreds of times.

• Brohoof 1

:laugh: they nearly killed Misty in the landing. 

The whole thing with the wishing star... is this like alternative universe of the special? I liked Opalines ramble after seeing the wishing star. Her singing was the cutest she has been so far. 

Good episode, I loved the jokes, felt a little bad for Misty, she finally thought she will impress Opaline. I also want more details about the whole fire alicorn thing, did she became alicorn by harnessing fire magic? Were other ponies able to do this? She does say the most powerful, implying there are\were others. 

• Brohoof 1

The moment I saw this episode was going to bring back Misty and Opaline, I had a strong premonition that it was going to be really good, and that premonition was right. I laughed when Sparky ate the stick that was going to trap him in the box and I definitely enjoyed seeing another side to Opaline with her dressing in that hat and singing. I also like how the episode ends with a continuity nod to an early episode of the show with what's also a reference to another episode where Cloudpuff was put in a box. Misty and Opaline need to appear more often.  

• Brohoof 2

Sure, it was kind of cliché with the trojan present and grabbing the wrong animal in the dark and the nearly hitting something before stopping, but it was still decent nonetheless. However, I wonder if this wishing star event is some alternate universe of what happened on MYM, or a different perspective perhaps. I am curious to see if they will elaborate on what this fire alicorn is. 

This episode is pretty predictable, but it's not as annoying as it could have been for an episode centered around Sparky, so it gets a pass from me.  I do hope future Misty episodes won't all be formulaic attempts to grab Sparky though.  

On 2022-12-08 at 8:52 AM, J.J said:

For me, I'm getting really scared that they are going to make the plane an essential part of the future plots, I just, yeah it's okay every now and then but I just hope it doesn't become objectively prevalent to the plots in general...

Eh...could be worse.  Plots could center around Sparky.  Oh wait...

• Brohoof 1

The jokes on this one really landed :)  TyT is a pretty good comedy series!

19 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

The way I see it, the Marestream is probably one of Hasbro's toys (though I don't remember noticing it when shopping for Toys for Tots this year), so they're probably going to give it a lot of focus during the Christmas season---and then it'll probably be a once-in-a-while thing after that.

I hope.

• Brohoof 2

Again the episode was really cute and I love how much time they're spending in the different seasons/holidays of the year. But TYT is starting to get really samey, or is it just me ? I didn't watch the episode until today, tbh. 

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

A lot of them have been holiday episodes so far.  I wouldn't call them same-y beyond that, though.

I mean TYT in general. As I mentioned above, I love that they're doing multiple holiday episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I liked it a lot :P Like others have said it was a very cute episode. I really like Misty and I wonder if they're building her up to being one of the mane six. I hope so...she would be a great sixth member of the group.

The best moment though was Opaline's singing :ticking:

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 1