Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unusual stains on ponies

leichenhaft

I've just joined the forums in hope to find some help with this issue. Might even be the wrong forum but I don't know where else to write. 

I've had these toys since I was a kid and always took extra care of them, they were never dirty before. But recently I returned home and found them in one of my bags, and some of them had unusual stains. I tried removing them with everything : soap, nail polish remover, baking soda, rubbing alcohol and dish soap. It's like they are bruised. It's very unusual, I tried looking for solutions elsewhere too but couldn't find any simmilar examples.

I attached a few pictures for example below. 

My theory is that the bag stained them. Again, the bag was also clean which was weird to me. Could the dye have rubbed off or something? 

Anyway, that is basically everything I could say about this. If anyone has any idea on what this is, please let me know, I'm kinda really sad since these were some of my favorite toys from my small collection. 

IMG_20230314_162938.thumb.jpg.85389eb2dbf9c900c682fbc5a308d3f9.jpg

IMG_20230314_163003.thumb.jpg.d877fbf5c07639c79dacd9cde750c06d.jpg

IMG_20230314_163042.thumb.jpg.afbe18779820618564b0f7fec4fdfefa.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I have actually ran into the same thing ever since I first began collecting ponies second hand, they are very susceptible to being stained. I haven't found a pony yet that hasn't had some sort of mark on it. I theorize that it may be the dye coming off of it because the properties of bag and the dye not pairing well together. I have seen those type of stains before, they are more distinct then a scuff or mark. So yeah I highly suspect it's the dye reacting with things.

Also all of those areas with stains are places where it sticks out abit, they would rub up against a surface. 

Edited by CocoCody

Sadly it is quite difficult to clean those stains. It all depends on the material and color of the pony.

These toys are probably not rare so I would recommend buying ones in better conditions.