Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony religions and legendary creatures related content

Reiki Knight 13

I figured I would make a post for discussion of any pony related religious concepts and it legendary pony related figures to discuss here.

In simplistic terms if it is a religious belief that involves a pony in some way or some sort of legendary pony figure: Epona, the pegasus in the Greek myth etc.

And yes Celestianism, MLP characters are fair game on here as well. 

Basically if it's pony related and in some way had an impact on the soul even if just a fan following  it's fair game.

In the case of MLP the whole "friendship is magic" concept certainly  got alot of people thinking and coming together as friends.

The famed charade guess of Antidisestablishmentarianism in Season 8, Episode 7 of Horseplay implies that religious movements have occurred in Equestria, that I believe are in regard to Celestia's deification status.

I imagine she originally accepted such a role as it seemed fitting for her position and as a control aid, only for her to become uncomfortable with certain aspects.

For example, her longevity has granted her much experience and wisdom on certain walks of life, but she is neither omnipresent like Zeus and omniscient like the Abrahamic faiths. Some of her subjects may come to think otherwise if this isn't clarified, but under what circumstances would they be if one of the primary goals is to prevent the questioning of one's authority? Therefore It's likely she would've eased back from the role before things got too out of hoof.

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

The famed charade guess of Antidisestablishmentarianism in Season 8, Episode 7 of Horseplay implies that religious movements have occurred in Equestria, that I believe are in regard to Celestia's deification status.

I imagine she originally accepted such a role as it seemed fitting for her position and as a control aid, only for her to become uncomfortable with certain aspects.

For example, her longevity has granted her much experience and wisdom on certain walks of life, but she is neither omnipresent like Zeus and omniscient like the Abrahamic faiths. Some of her subjects may come to think otherwise if this isn't clarified, but under what circumstances would they be if one of the primary goals is to prevent the questioning of one's authority? Therefore It's likely she would've eased back from the role before things got too out of hoof.

Well, it's hard to say what her thoughts are about herself as she clearly does enjoy toying with her subjects a bit you know cue all the "trollestia" evidence fans have seen but on the other hand she does seem rather laid back and doesn't really crack down on things unless it really does need her attention like when Twilight went nuts and enchanted her doll creating a big riot in Ponyvile.

So beyond essential moments where she is absolutely needed to take charge she seems to adopt a live and let live with her subjects not an authoritarian one.

YES, HORSES IN MYTH :yay:. I have researched a lot of horses in myth and lore. I’ll leave a quick 2 cents that’s rather obscure: Poseidon is also god of horses :mlp_icwudt:

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

YES, HORSES IN MYTH :yay:. I have researched a lot of horses in myth and lore. I’ll leave a quick 2 cents that’s rather obscure: Poseidon is also god of horses :mlp_icwudt:

Will love to hear more. Another interesting legend is that the Sirens were originally beautiful and only became ugly and monstrous as punishment for failing to save Persephone from being claimed by Hades.