Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies so bad they're good.

Reiki Knight 13

What our your favorite "bad" movies you love to watch?

By bad movie I am talking about those movies that are so bad they're actually good in a way.

The characters have horrible dialogue , "monster" actors wearing very easy to see through costumes,  badly staged fights where one guy throws a pebble that blows up a building/sends 100 guys flying into a different solar system etc.

Basically the kind of movie where you honestly start to wonder what kind of drugs the director was on or if they were punted as a baby a few times...

Two that come to mind for me are Trolls2 and a bit of samurai cop. 

Edited by Earth Prince StarHeart
Fix mistyakes
  • Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

The Room, the ultimate bad good movie. 

I did not hit her, I did noootttt

Was just about to jump in with this. The Room is so fun to quote. :3

Have you seen the Blu-Ray cover? It's glorious.

Spoiler

51WyU8481L._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.e6ac550e20882d2c617e487d886f20ed.jpg

• Delighted Giggle 1

Foodfight! borders on this for me. Its worst moments are so bad as to just be abjectly terrible, but it does sometimes have some gloriously lame humor as well. The fact that it is freely available on YouTube doesn't hurt either.

Spoiler

That was a perfectly good bag of chips!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Who killed captain Alex Is the only movie i have seen which can be described as such. It was recorded by few people in Uganda, while its bad. You can tell the actors hed fun.

• Brohoof 1

MV5BZGVmZTUyZDAtYjg0MC00NmE5LWE2OTAtM2Fj

Hardly faithful to the source material at all, but there is just such a craziness and passion to it, that it's still fun in its own weird way. :mlp_icwudt: I am convinced that movies like this are the reason why we never got a live action Sonic movie in the 90's. At the very least, this will make you appreciate the new Mario movie, which is so much better.

...I wonder if I should also list any of the Power Rangers movies. :huh:

MV5BNGY5MjA2MmQtODAwMi00MzMzLTk5MDEtMWFl

What can I say? I grew up with Gumby. :twismile: And apparently, there was going to be more than one. But the first one didn't preform as well as hoped, so only one was made.

MV5BYzQ3NTQ3YjMtNzJiZi00NDAxLTgyOGMtMDFj

Umm... From what I've been told, this movie is just unhinged weirdness. :sealed: I haven't watched it as an adult, but as I kid, I watched it a ton of times.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

I'll just politely say I didn't like the Mario Bros movie (the older one have yet to see the newer one).

Also, I know they're cheesy as hell but I gotta give props to most of the leprechaun movies.

That is just hilariously bad.

Almost every death is absurdly conical about it.

I mean at one part  the Leprechaun gets so drunk even his telekinesis power is making the object he's trying to move wobbly.

Ah that's a classic.

• Brohoof 1
  • Leaves 1

Batman and Robin, definitely. Everyone hated it back in the day and many still hate it now because of how overblown the campiness of it is, but at least it's funny and doesn't have that bland, corporate product feel I get from one too many superhero movies now. 

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

Batman and Robin, definitely. Everyone hated it back in the day and many still hate it now because of how overblown the campiness of it is, but at least it's funny and doesn't have that bland, corporate product feel I get from one too many superhero movies now. 

I didn't hate it per say but felt it was really bland and so average it was the exact borderline between good and bad.

• Brohoof 1

I can of course throw an absolute classic, that is The Room here. Everyone knows it. Everyone loves it. For me this movie is a national pride :fiery:

You see, Tommy Wisseau is actually polish. So one of my people literally flew off to USA and created that beauty. Heck, even the vodka in this movie is "Sobieski" which is polish brand xD I watch this movie a lot, each time I laugh more and more, it's just hilarious in how AWFUL it is xD

But there are even more classics that I adore.

@Planeswalker Silkyremembers that one too well likely as I graced her with watching it. Cool As Ice, a movie made by the coolest person on the planet, Vanilla Ice. Some glorious quotes from it, just so that you know what are we dealing with:

• You know, that chick, who drives the horse!
  • Drop that zero and get with the hero (said by our glacial gladiator, Vanilla Ice to girl, who was with her boyfriend, non ironically)
  • My name is Hackett... James Anthony Hackett Jimmy (said in serious, dramatic, suspenseful tone)

This isn't even 1% of how bad that one is xD

Batman and Robin, because those puns are so insufferable and the cringe is so intense that I love every second of it. 

This is it for now, but I will likely bring in even more wonderful gems :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Samurai Firefighter said:

MV5BZGVmZTUyZDAtYjg0MC00NmE5LWE2OTAtM2Fj

Hardly faithful to the source material at all, but there is just such a craziness and passion to it, that it's still fun in its own weird way. :mlp_icwudt: I am convinced that movies like this are the reason why we never got a live action Sonic movie in the 90's. At the very least, this will make you appreciate the new Mario movie, which is so much better.

I have to watch that some day. :blink: I've heard about how weird and crazy it is but never actually seen it.

17 hours ago, Earth Prince StarHeart said:

Also, I know they're cheesy as hell but I gotta give props to most of the leprechaun movies.

That is just hilariously bad.

Almost every death is absurdly conical about it.

I mean at one part  the Leprechaun gets so drunk even his telekinesis power is making the object he's trying to move wobbly.

Ah that's a classic.

Ah yes, Leprechaun movies! :sneer: Funniest part was when he found Lucky Charms and started eating them because they're obviously leprechaun food.

• Delighted Giggle 1

34 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

I have to watch that some day. :blink: I've heard about how weird and crazy it is but never actually seen it.

Ah yes, Leprechaun movies! :sneer: Funniest part was when he found Lucky Charms and started eating them because they're obviously leprechaun food.

I thought the best was killing the pawn shop owner with a pogo stick: "This old Maaaaan he played onnnnnnnne he jumped down and smashed me lungs ..."

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

9 hours ago, Hugs SilkALot said:

I can of course throw an absolute classic, that is The Room here. Everyone knows it. Everyone loves it. For me this movie is a national pride :fiery:

You see, Tommy Wisseau is actually polish. So one of my people literally flew off to USA and created that beauty. Heck, even the vodka in this movie is "Sobieski" which is polish brand xD I watch this movie a lot, each time I laugh more and more, it's just hilarious in how AWFUL it is xD

But there are even more classics that I adore.

@Planeswalker Silkyremembers that one too well likely as I graced her with watching it. Cool As Ice, a movie made by the coolest person on the planet, Vanilla Ice. Some glorious quotes from it, just so that you know what are we dealing with:

• You know, that chick, who drives the horse!
  • Drop that zero and get with the hero (said by our glacial gladiator, Vanilla Ice to girl, who was with her boyfriend, non ironically)
  • My name is Hackett... James Anthony Hackett Jimmy (said in serious, dramatic, suspenseful tone)

This isn't even 1% of how bad that one is xD

Batman and Robin, because those puns are so insufferable and the cringe is so intense that I love every second of it. 

This is it for now, but I will likely bring in even more wonderful gems :fluttershy:

I was living happily forgetting it existed. D: 

4 hours ago, Kramathia said:

71bpg9cZwvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

It has an amazing editing work and the CGI man... *chef kiss* amazing! 

birdemic-attack.gif

This beauty has a sequel and it managed to be even worse.

4 hours ago, Planeswalker Silky said:

I was living happily forgetting it existed. D: 

Well, I am most honored to have reminded you of it :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Ah, yes. Batman And Robin, as well as Batman Forever. In hindsight, those movies were not that great. However, at the time, audiences were more than happy to have them! Batmania was alive and we all wanted more. If we didn't feel that way, there wouldn't have been four movies. :laugh: The same could be said for the Anakin Skywalker trilogy (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, & Revenge of the Sith). The fandom was hungry for more Star Wars, and it wasn't until the trilogy was done that people began to realize it wasn't all that great. But at the time! People enjoyed it.

On 2023-11-26 at 8:25 AM, Xada said:

Who killed captain Alex Is the only movie i have seen which can be described as such. It was recorded by few people in Uganda, while its bad. You can tell the actors hed fun.

There is an interesting amount of passion that went into that film, given how little equipment the people who made the film had.