28 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Twitter?

• Yay
    • Neigh
    • Eh. . .
  2. 2. Do you use Twitter?

• Yay
    • Neigh

I honestly don't understand what the hype is about with it. I can see it having great applications in terms of news/media updates, but I don't really see how you can "connect" personally with somepony in under 140 words. I want to give it a try, since I felt similarly like this before I decided to watch a pony episode, but I just don't see the point in doing so.

So, what do you ponies think about Twitter? Do you use it personally, or do you dislike it with a burning passion?

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Twitter, the only website that gives the illusion that you're talking to no one, and everyone at the same time.

I do have a Twitter account, which I use to receive information on upcoming developments on websites and details of similar nature. I would happily go in depth as to why I find Twitter to be nothing more than a mind numbing, black hole of social networking site, that stifles creativity and fosters narrow mindedness, but I believe that this video by Super News, although satirical, hits the nail on the head in every regard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

While Twitter can be used effectively to gather a whole bunch of information into once central hub, the illusion of increased social interaction between others has essentially hoodwinked the majority of its users, resulting in mindless twaddle being forwarded across the globe; Instead of assisting me, Twitter often drives me question the social capabilities of the human race, and in a pretty negative light too.

Edited by Swoop

I don't take Twitter too seriously. To me it's just a tool to keep up with companies and the like. I only have one for that purpose.

Twitter, and social media in general, isn't really my cup of tea. If someone I know has something to say they can say it to me directly.

Twitter can be a useful tool however, as long as you don't use it to post the details of what you're eating for lunch.

• 7 years later...
(edited)

I used to have a Twitter but there was so much negative political crap on there that it was getting to be too much. Plus I felt like I needed to trim down on social media anyway so I deleted it. :\

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I have twitter and still use it. It wasn't all that popular the first time I joined in 2011. 

Twitter is designed in such a way that it is perfect for shitposting and hot takes. Naturally I’ve always been quite taken with it. 

Twitter is a cesspool and, along with most social media, is turning society into a bunch of mouthbreathing idiots who are a bunch of angry, vitriolic twatwaffles.

No, I don't like Twitter, nor Facebook, nor Instagram nor whatever new garbage is turning people into puerile morons.

You might say I have an issue with "social media."

• Brohoof 1

I've tried to use it numerous times but I just don't understand it and never will. It doesn't make sense and it's hardly worth the effort to try figuring it out either. If I want to write something, it's restrictions on length pretty much whittle it down to meaningless one-liners. 

Boring, useless. I don't see what the fascination is. 

• 7 months later...

Twitter’s a good spot to follow up on some of the news I care about nowadays, but there sure are a lot of obnoxious people on there. There are some famous people who use Twitter who will interact with their fans. J Michael Tatum, Chuggaaconroy, Sports teams? Heck, even Tara Strong reads fan comments

But at the same time, it’s not for everybody. Not many of my friends online ever use it, so it’s my understanding that if you don’t have many friends who use Twitter, you may not have many followers

I used to use Twitter, but I no longer do. It just all became too toxic for me, maybe I'll get back into it at some point but I know for sure I'm never stepping into that political echo chamber nonsense ever again.

I prefer Facebook and Instagram nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I was on Twitter once upon a time. But because all of the political garbage on there I left. 

A lot of Twitter these days is the ultra far left talking about how racist and biggoted republicans are, and some people even making threats of physical violence against trump. Sad times we live in I avoid it as well cause it's bad for any sane persons blood pressure. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...