Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What TV shows/movies have ruined your life?

Reecejackox

Wow, that's oddly specific,,,

I'm sure that some members of this Fandom have been ostracized or threatened by their families and communities, especially during the early days. Can't say that was the case for me thankfully, and I'm struggling to see many other examples where someone's possible over enjoyment of a show would be regarded as a detriment to themselves. I've heard a few stories where people truly live a cult like lifestyle, think that they're the reincarnation of a fictional character or fall in love with one, but not any where that person has come to see the reality of the situation. :huh:

On 2023-11-17 at 9:44 AM, Fluttershutter said:

Star Wars 7-9

Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness

Wrecked two of my favorite sci-fi franchises. And what do they both have in common?

Jar Jar Abrams | Pirates & Princesses Jar Jar Binks is Punched in the Face : r/movies

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!!!!!

Star Wars 7-9 positively! There’s nothing like having something more important than anything else in life suddenly destroyed by some indifferent opportunist who calls himself a fan.

• Hugs 3

• 4 weeks later...

That one Australian TV show known as Housos, mainly because it’s all about the low life trailer trash bogan junkie society of Australia which is nothing but toxicity to my mental health, especially since I’ve had certain experiences with people like that before. I wouldn’t go as far as saying that it’s ruined my life, but rather it is something I dread thinking about sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

None of them so far, but video games might be the death of me. I play them too much, I wouldn't say they ruined my life though because I did that myself. It was a choice, one that I regret some. Video games won't ruin my life because all the responsibility is on me.

But I think video games have been helpful for me, sure I've played way too much but it's ok. I wasted time, but I was also happy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing so extreme really, and I am unsure if this counts for this topic, but Attack On Titan. It showed me that even if I have an immense passion for something, it can be completely ruined, as it was by its horrendous final season and even more horrendous ending. Never before have I seen a media property be so self-assassinated. It has made me think twice before embracing full passion for a media property right away, which sucks. 

• Brohoof 1