Hiya, everypony! You all probably know me by now, but my name's Lyra Heartstrings. I'm a unicorn pony who lives in Ponyville, and I finally decided to see what my human fans from other universe would like to ask about. So go ahead, I'd love to answer all of your questions! ^-^

Posted Image

(^^^^ that's me!!! :3)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

(Starbolt and her magic :P )

"Your a unicorn! So that must mean you can do magic! Do you have any spells you could teach me? Whats your favorite spell?"

Edited by Mal (Starbolt)

(edited)

Who is your best friend in all of equestria?

Why, Bon Bon of course! Couldn't you tell? :3 We commonly take walks through Ponyville and hang out and chat together. She will always be my best friend.

Posted Image

What is your opinion on this picture Slurpy found of you being petted?

Posted Image

O_O....why don't I remember that?! That sure looks like fun!

(Starbolt and her magic :P )

"Your a unicorn! So that must mean you can do magic! Do you have any spells you could teach me? Whats your favorite spell?"

Hm....I'm not one of those unicorns that chooses to make the most of our magic by getting into complex spells. I, like most other unicorn ponies, know only a few basic tricks, primarily teleknesis, which is my favorite technique. It puts up so much higher than the earth ponies and pegasi in terms of convenience! Most of the things can easily be picked up by hoof or mouth (gross!), and I'd rather not.

Which is why I'm glad I'm a unicorn! ^-^

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

(omgzz I knew I shoulda waited till later to post this, got final exhibitions tomorrow, but after that I'll have all the free time I can handle. x3)

So tell me about your cutie mark. Do you have an affinity for harps or is it just about music in general?

My cutie mark is a lyre, a musical instrument of the string family. Once when I was little, I got a lyre from my parents as a Hearth's Warming present. It wasn't really my cup of tea, so I used to always brush it off. Then one day, I was so bored out of my mind that I finally decided to take the instrument out which had been gathering dust for so many weeks.

It wasn't much. Just a wooden instrument. I was never into music that much, but I strummed it, just once. So much had entered my mind, I had never been properly introduced to music before, and that was such an intriguing experience, just hearing the calm, peaceful sound of the instrument. I knew that it was something I've always would become passionate about. That was the day my cutie mark appeared, and ever since, I always keep that one lyre in my bedroom to remind me to always be calm in general and stay cool in most situations.

Additionally, I've developed a somewhat secret passion for music, but just by the immeasurable beauty and grace of it. Other than that, I like to play my old lyre every night before I fall asleep, or if I'm under distress at home. The reason why you probably have never seen it is because I find it my most prized possession, and think the old thing is too delicate to be brought outside the house. It holds too many powerful memories.

What's your opinion on the 'special' lyra plushie being sold? ~

I....I have heard for a while. As much as an interest I have of humans, occasionally I regret learning about certain things.

No offense, but you people disgust me sometimes.

Just in case you don't know

Why....why must the human world be so cruel...? I...I can't believe somepony would do such a thing! *cries*

Can't imagine what the cloppers will do with that...euughh.

So Lyra tell me, what do you think of Derpy?

*sniff*.....who...? Oh, you mean the klutzy, clumsy cross-eyed grey pegasus? Yeah, I've definitely heard of her, and not just from my research of human ‘Internet pop culture’. She's pretty well-known around Ponyville, nopony dislikes her or anything, and I really have no problem with her. She's just a tad socially awkward is all, she goes through certain situations, but in the end, we're all laughing with, not at her.

And I'm quite shocked by her popularity on your ‘Internet’. I know I'm pretty up there too, but man, she gets most of the attention...!

So, how well do you play the lyre without fingers? I'm guessing that's where magic comes in, right?

Oh, it's all about simple adaption of anthropomorphism. Doctors say depending on what a pony does, over time, their bodies will get used to the routine, if repeated enough, and make the proper joint and muscle adjustments to make said activity easier to do. For instance, with lyre-playing, I've gotten used to it over the use, carrying and holding it with one hoof and strumming with the other (I'm left-hoofed, by the way). I find it quite easy, actually.

My question is, how do you humans play string instruments, without all those joint fingers getting tangled in the strings?! O_o

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I would ask you a question but... *hugs Lyra* Don't cry, Lyra. Not all humans are like that. I'm a kindful human you would ever meet and... well, I used to mhave many friends, until most of my friends parted ways after my graduation, and nowadays I'm living on my own (aside my parents) with very few friends to hang out with. :(

So yeah. Not all humans are like that, being cruel and such, you know?

Edited by Jon the VGNerd

I would ask you a question but... *hugs Lyra* Don't cry, Lyra. Not all humans are like that. I'm a kindful human you would ever meet and... well, I used to mhave many friends, until most of my friends parted ways after my graduation, and nowadays I'm living on my own (aside my parents) with very few friends to hang out with. :(

So yeah. Not all humans are like that, being cruel and such, you know?

Oh, my....that sounds awful.....even in my most avid days of human research (see, I really know that you guys exist out there. Some of my friends tell me I'm crazy, but I know they are very wrong. One day I'd like to visit this “Earth” and meet all you guys! ^-^), I have stunbled upon many different types of situations different people go through.

I am sorry you are living like that, being separated from your friends can feel really lonely, sad, and boring. Ponyfolk are no different, the very essence and liveliness in Ponyville is powered by friendship and togetherness. I hope that in any way you feel content, social, and with a lot of good friends that can really relate to you so you can have some good memories together! :3

Heh yeah. So true Lyra. The only problem is that most people from where I'm from don't have related interests on what I have, so it's pretty difficult for me to find people who has similar interests that I have, to be honest, I mean, considering as how the only people who have related interests of what I have are my old friends I used to hang out with. One of these days, maybe in the near future, I would visit, or even live around Equestria, mainly Ponyville, so I don't feel sad, lonely, or even bored again. Even though I'm feeling alright today, my inner-self (or as how humans call it the heart) is still sad from the lack of friendship.

Overall, thanks for your words, Lyra. It gave me a boost of happiness from what you told me. Even though I'm a human, I'm not just any normal human you would see everyday, I'm a human with endless talents (on Earth, actually), like gaming, drawing, even caring for children (or as they say in Equestria, young colts and fillies). :D

Heh yeah. So true Lyra. The only problem is that most people from where I'm from don't have related interests on what I have, so it's pretty difficult for me to find people who has similar interests that I have, to be honest, I mean, considering as how the only people who have related interests of what I have are my old friends I used to hang out with. One of these days, maybe in the near future, I would visit, or even live around Equestria, mainly Ponyville, so I don't feel sad, lonely, or even bored again. Even though I'm feeling alright today, my inner-self (or as how humans call it the heart) is still sad from the lack of friendship.

Overall, thanks for your words, Lyra. It gave me a boost of happiness from what you told me. Even though I'm a human, I'm not just any normal human you would see everyday, I'm a human with endless talents (on Earth, actually), like gaming, drawing, even caring for children (or as they say in Equestria, young colts and fillies). :D

Best of luck on your quest for friendship, John! I like making other ponies happy, I learned that it can be fun and rewarding! (I learned it from one of my friends, Pinkie Pie.) I think all of those are pretty neat talents, especially drawing. I like doing that.

Lyra why is your font color inconsistent?

/ubercritical

What are you talking about?

Heh, in all seriousness, since I just got used to this color hex code thingimijiggy, I was trying to decided which ones to use for my responses (I realized other ponies did so to match their coat color, so I just followed suit.) I shall use aquamarine (the color of my wonderful coat) from now on. :3

So how do you feel about these forums, Lyra? :D

I love this place! It's really helping me understand more and more of the social activities of humans! I don't know why I waited until now to create one of these threads, but it is a sure fire way to get in connection with my many fans out there!

I love all you guys! <3

Hi Lyra! :)

Why are you always sitting like a human and not like Bon-Bon?

Contrary to popular belief, the fact that I started that wasn't what inspired me to become interested in humans, it was actually vice versa. You see, when I heard in some kind of strange dream I had once, it said something about other universes, and most interestingly that other people, “humans” were watching us. The next day, spent all my bits on a new laptop, and ever since I've been highly avid in researching the ways and history of humans.I was even more excited to learn that I was so admired in pop culture, I couldn't help but blush I was so flattered! >w<

Oh, we'll back on the subject, I became so passionate about humans (not enough to surpass the one I have for lyres and music, that will never happen. :3) to partake in their ways that could be all possibly done by me, a quadreped. I first took on sitting (I remember the exact day, it was the day a dragon was polluting Ponyville with black smoke, and Twilight Sparkle and her friends were able to relocate him, which we are ever so thankful for.) on a bench one day to show off my passion.

Not everypony thought it was the smartest thing I ever did, and they said the same thing for my passion and knowledge of the humans. They say I'm crazy! Well, I will show them one day! One day humans will be known to exist to everypony in Equestria, EVERYPONY!!!!!     .....um....well....maybe that will take some time, but oh well. :/ Anyways, I hope to further my showing passion for you guys. I really want to learn as much as I can about humans. :3

Is it comfortable to sit like a human? HMMMMM?Posted Image

Well, I admit my first attempt was the best thing in the world, it was actually quite awkward. It might have been scoffed, but I will always continue to do it! For humans! >:3

Anyways, nowadays my muscles and joints have adapted and gotten used to it. It may still look strange and uncomfy, but it's all good. Bon Bon (who is also my roommate) finds it weird, but we're still best buds! To this day, I still continue this activity!

Posted Image

Well, Lyra, if you ever want to learn more about humans(that is, if you're interested), feel free to stop by my house IRL.  I can't wait to meet you.

Thanks for your offering! :3 As much as I'd love to travel between universes, the concept hasn't been philosophized enough in our culture, and that kind of technology stuff hasn't been invented yet.

I'm not the only one that believes in many universes, one of my friends, Twilight, said that she has a feeling that there are others out there, but she doesn't know about humans. And plus, her magic isn't quite powerful yet.

*sigh* It will take me a while before I really get involved with humans. But until that happens, I wait eagerly!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So where are you and Bon Bon living in Ponyville?

Are you two in a relationship or BFFs? :)

Oh, nothing special. We live together in a normal old house just a few blocks away from Sugarcube corner. That's one of our favorite places to go! ^-^ It's the one-stop shop for all the baked goods in Ponyville! They have the best cakes and pies in Equestria! Mmmmmmmm..... X)

And as for a relationship, we are the best of friends! Ever since we met, we've been almost inseparable! :3

Posted Image

(Change the font color its so hard to read with out highlighting.)

Chimcherry or Cherrychanga?

(Test. Does this work?)

?....Um....er....Cherrychanga...?

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 3

Speaking of best friend, can I be your friend, Lyra? I know I'm just a human and all, though I haven't had a lot of friends since graduation, and I had one best friend who's also an artist, just like me, though I haven't seen him since. ^^'

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Speaking of best friend, can I be your friend, Lyra? I know I'm just a human and all, though I haven't had a lot of friends since graduation, and I had one best friend who's also an artist, just like me, though I haven't seen him since. ^^'

Aw...I'm sorry you two have been separated so long...I can't even imagine what would happen if Bon Bon moved out or if I lost her some other way....I hope you two are reunited once again in the future. ^-^

And of course I'll be your friend! Friends are one of the best things in the universe(s?!)! :3

Edited by NASCARFAN160