Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if MLP got outsourced to SpindleHorse/ Faust?

ManaMinori

I've been wondering for a while now, what if, just WHAT IF Hasbro decided to not only rehire Lauren Faust for generation 6 of MLP- given her role in making g4 such a massive success, on the back of previous generations that Faust had attachments to since her childhood, but also- what if, on top of that, Hasbro decided to allow Faust and the creator of SpindleHorse, an indie production studio that is being run by Vivienne Medrano and has two successful independently created series under its belt, with a passionate and dedicated fanbase constantly thirsty for content to work on the next generation of My Little Pony in a collaborative effort? 

While I am not 100% certain whether Lauren Faust would like to come back and make another pony series, with or without her previous ideals of being allowed much more free reign and vision than Hasbro had initially allowed her to put toward the series, it would be quite nice for her to have her hands in yet another generation of pony. And while I am also uncertain whether Vivienne (aka Vivziepop) would be willing to allow her SpindleHorse studio team to have Hasbro come to them to outsource pony content, I do know that there is a HUUUUUUGE pony enthusiast character within one of her shows. Also, some of the MLP g4 fandom's best brony musicians have made some epic music for Vivienne Medrano's shows as well. 
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Considering how Faust left FIM due to creative differences with Hasbro, I don't see her working on the franchise again. I can't imagine Hasbro ever letting anyone else have full creative control of an MLP cartoon – the show being based on a toyline will inevitably have some effects on the storytelling (certain characters and settings having to be included, for example).

Vivziepop being involved with MLP is a fascinating idea, but again, I imagine she'd rather work on her own series with more creative freedom (Helluva Boss still being financed by crowdfunding, and A24 letting her realize her vision with Hazbin Hotel). But if that happened somehow, I imagine she and her crew would make a good show. Those two series are hard to compare with MLP due to very different content and target audiences, but the more kid-friendly content she has made ("Bad Luck Jack" and "Holidaze") is also enjoyable and charming in its own right. :rarity: